Pet names as in honey, babe, etc

Options

Replies

• deeharley
    deeharley Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    When my husband uses my first name, it probably means I'm in trouble...*wink*

LOL...me too. I havent heard him call my real name in long time, thank God.

^^ This - sometimes, I wonder if my husband remembers my real name, but then when he says it, it sounds weird.
  • woou
    woou Posts: 668 Member
    Options

"babe" I hear a lot...

the first time i called the girl i'm dating that, she was all "the pig?!" :laugh:
  • olivetree_
    olivetree_ Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I LOVE being called "babe" and "baby"!!
  • monroe61
    monroe61 Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    My parents call each other baby and it is just weird if my hubby would call me that! But we do call each other babe but almost NEVER use his real name (probably because I think it is an old man's name) LOL...but if he annoys me or does something goofy I always use first and middle name! He hates that because he hates his middle name (kerry) his dad is Irish :)
    My nickname for him is punkinbutt (his hair is red but almost orange!)

I am a big fan of personal nicknames I call my daughter Punky because I started calling her pumpkin and hate that everyone else calls their kids that so I shortened it to Punky and then the checkout girl at Meijer said "OH my goodness your daughter looks just like Punky Brewster" I think it's the freckles!

Either way I don't mind pet names just don't call me "baby"
  • DWilbanks
    DWilbanks Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    I don't mind the pet names... personally I call my husband turkey butt....lol :laugh:
  • juliecat1
    juliecat1 Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    Im not a mushy person at all so they kind make me crazy. I dont mind the occasional babe or honey. But constant and things like princess..... gag.
  • CastleMadeOfSand
    CastleMadeOfSand Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Im not a mushy person at all so they kind make me crazy. I dont mind the occasional babe or honey. But constant and things like princess..... gag.

:O
  • juliecat1
    juliecat1 Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options

:O

:laugh: You have never called me Princess.
  • katkins3
    katkins3 Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    I call my husband Sweetie
    All 4 of my kids Stinky or Stinky Poo, (they are 40,38,36 and 32 years old)
    my co-worker has taken to calling me "half slice", I have no idea what that means
    I call my cat Emma the Emmanator!
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    I never thought I was one that liked being called pet names but damn when that specially someone calls me "love, babe or sweetie" yeah its the butterflies in the tummy flutter and I can't stop smiling. It is the little things that make me happy.
  • Gigi_licious
    Gigi_licious Posts: 1,185 Member
    Options
    I like being called pet names. But I have to be in the mood to call others by pet names.
  • Tegan74
    Tegan74 Posts: 202
    Options
    Well being from the South, everyone gets called 'sugar', 'honey', 'babe', and 'darling' pretty frequently.

yep :happy: I used to waitress, the men that came in didnt bother with names, it was always 'baby' or 'honey' or something along those lines. It is different when its someone that is 'special' tho :blushing:
  • lizdavis07
    lizdavis07 Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend calls me "broad" and "sugar tits".....baby is too overrated lol
  • jamiesgotagun
    jamiesgotagun Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    Honey, baby, angel....love it!!!
  • audigal2008
    audigal2008 Posts: 1,129 Member
    Options
    My hubby and I always call eachother hun or babe. I cant remember him using my first name! Its been very long, now it would just seem weird to hear that
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options

My co-workers BF texted her "Hey pumpkin tits" that did not go over well.
  • AZTrailRunner
    AZTrailRunner Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options

My co-workers BF texted her "Hey pumpkin tits" that did not go over well.

Where her boobs orange? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • pianokeyteeth
    Options
    I don't necessarily dislike being called by a pet name, but I always feel awkward calling someone else by anything beside their name XD
  • Iamfit4life
    Iamfit4life Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options
    "babe" "baby" "gorgeous' love them all. He only calls me by my name if I'm being stubborn and not listening to him.
    (this happens frequently)
    Oh yeah and "muffin *kitten*" I don't get that one.
  • rockabillymama
    rockabillymama Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I call my hubby 'Tiger' and 'good lookin' and he cals me 'kitten' and 'doll face' when i'm mad at him i switch it up to 'prick' or 'child' (he hates child)