Pet names as in honey, babe, etc

Options

Replies

• c0mmonN3rd
    Options
    My girlfriend calls me sugar lips, I call her hunny bunny.
    Its fun when we argue cuz then we act stupid.
  • foodfight247
    foodfight247 Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    I love pet names like babe, babes, honey, darlin, sweetpea, sweetheart.

One word I really hate is "luv".... That makes me cringe....long story behind that.

Thanks luv.....ugh! My partner sometimes says it when he's peeved...makes me feel like smacking him across the head with a frying pan.... Don't call me luv!
  • karenjoy
    karenjoy Posts: 1,840 Member
    Options
    My Husband is Canadian, he calls me Darlin' and it melts my chocolate.

He also calls me Snuggle Bunny.

Being English the pet names here are different, his use of the Darlin in the accent......just about what did it for me.
  • JustEllieK
    JustEllieK Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    I cant stand those types of names. Things like nicknames are fine. I make nicknames for everyone. But those babycakes, sugardoll and honeybun. And I HATE baby. Dont ever call me baby. Cuz then i would have to kill you. Sorry Justin Beaver!
  • adross3
    adross3 Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    These are word of endearment. It's a compliment.
  • ElementalMoe
    ElementalMoe Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    It makes my blood boil when people who don't know me well call me "baby", "babe", "honey", "sweety". I'm neither a baby, nor sweet, so STFU!

My ex husband called me Moe, and I liked that one, and my mother and best friend calls me Mork, which is also okay
  • AZTrailRunner
    AZTrailRunner Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options

I agree, and I seriously wonder how many of the "no" votes are from married people.
  • Contrary03
    Contrary03 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    The only time he calls me by my first name is when i'm in trouble:)
  • Iamfit4life
    Iamfit4life Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options
    The only time he calls me by my first name is when i'm in trouble:)

Glad I'm not the only one.
  • Shannonigans84
    Shannonigans84 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend and I call eachother babe, etc constantly. We also enjoy making up stupid and funny pet names!
  • JustEllieK
    JustEllieK Posts: 423 Member
    Options

I agree, and I seriously wonder how many of the "no" votes are from married people.

I said no and im not married!
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend calls me "broad" and "sugar tits".....baby is too overrated lol

My co-workers BF texted her "Hey pumpkin tits" that did not go over well.

Where her boobs orange? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Hahahah No I asked her if she went as Snooki for Halloween she said no.
  • Real_Cool_Hand
    Options
    I think I was turned off to them because my ex's brother and his girlfriend NEVER called each other by their real name. It was"baby" this, "sweetie" that, and they were so disgusting to listen to! lol. I call people "doll". And my boyfriend "dreamy",, which he returned with "foxy". But we came up with that when we were making fun of pet names and old terms fo attractive people;)
  • RonneyKay
    RonneyKay Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    I call my husband babe, dude, and schmoopie (we are huge seinfeld fans, so this is where that names comes from but its usually when we are being stupid) I have a few other names for him too I shouldn't mention here as they could be censored LOL. But generally I call him Babe, or Dude. He calls me Baby or Dude.

oh and I effin hate "love" or "luv" as well... that is sooooo trollish!

ronney

PS that is NOT My husband in the photo LOL that is my son! (just thought I would clarify)
  • DesertSunsetRain
    Options

I hate being called baby, babe, sweetie, sweetheart, hun, honey... any of those. I do not like pet names like that and I am single! I don't really see it as a compliment if you've called your past 10 girlfriends "baby" as well. Also, people call random people at the supermarket "sweetie". I don't think it's an insult or anything, but it's nothing special. If they end up calling me something like... Coconut drop, I would think it was cute. The last guy I dated gave me the nickname BananaJam. It's not like he called me that all the time, but it was super cute. Leave your "babes" at the door. ha
  • tmarie2715
    tmarie2715 Posts: 1,111 Member
    Options
    Well sweetie, it doesn't bother me.

LOL. If you don't like it, you should probably say something early on. That being said, I can see it growing on you with the right person.
  • boomboom011
    boomboom011 Posts: 1,459
    Options
    my husband calls me baby ALL THE TIME. Doesnt bother me. Its wierd when he calls me by my real name. I am so used to being called anything but my real name that when I hear it I think im in trouble.

I have a list of nicknames that people in my family and my friends call me. here they are (and they all have a story).

Soy
    Aunt Soy
    Chickie-BoomBoom
    SLAP
    Ouiser
    Celie

The list goes on and on.

I dont mind it. I love to come up with names for my loved ones. My husband is El Jefe or Jefe for short. My kids are Sisser & Poppie. Call my step dad Shoog, middle sister is Si-saw (Lisa) and baby sister is The Baby.

We are wierdos I Know. But i love it.
  • Bearface115
    Bearface115 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    i've been calling my fiancee pet names forever that it's very weird when i call him by his first name. we have every single name in the book for each other and new ones get created every day! I've got some normal ones but also verrrry strange ones too! but we love it! :laugh:
  • AZTrailRunner
    AZTrailRunner Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options

I said no and im not married!

That's my theory... that single people may not like it as much as married people. I'd love to see if anyone married more than 5 years still doesn't like it.
  • flatbellybella
    flatbellybella Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Lol...
    Bubby (baby + hubby)
    and this is how I feel about me saying them ---> :sick:

For me... I like Baby, babe or Sasch (my name minus the A)
    Not a fan of Sweetie or sweetheart. Gives off an older man vibe lol