diet cokes...what's ur view??

Options
12346»

Replies

• Xtina_Beba
    Options
    I'm against. I prefer to enrich my body with clean and fresh foods & liquids...cutting out all artificial sweeteners, toxins, and processed foods.
  • MummaAimz
    MummaAimz Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I'm against/...only because the taste of aspertame is DISGUSTING to me...but if you drink it and still stay within your calories everyday then more power to ya!
  • live2dream
    live2dream Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    aspartame is poison. i don't think poison is good in moderation. no bueno for me!
  • HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    Options
    aspartame is poison.

I hope you have some evidence to back up that outrageously scaremongering claim.
    I avoid all pop. My 6 yr old has never even had pop and my 18 year old is a vegan and avoids it, too. I really try not put anything that is not nourishing in some way into my body and soda pop isn't nourishment!

You don't eat or drink anything just because it tastes good? Wow...rather you than me! :D
  • loki3981
    loki3981 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I am cutting back from 3-4 cans of diet coke a day to 1 in the morning for my caffeine then crystal light/unsweetened tea/water etc for the rest of the day. I've been doing this for about 2 weeks now and I already can tell a difference in how I feel.
    I love my diet coke and I won't cut it out entirely, but one or two is fine with me.
  • kyle4jem
    kyle4jem Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    I really try not put anything that is not nourishing in some way into my body and soda pop isn't nourishment!
    So, water isn't nourishing?

Low-Cal drinks like Diet Coke are 95-99% water, usually flavoured with some vegetable extracts and sweeteners.

It's a personal choice at the end of the day, but I do think it's strange to think of something that provides refreshment and hydration as not being nourishing too. :drinker:
  • mmelledge
    Options
    Today I discovered that Jones Soda's Zilch Cola is the best diet cola I've ever tasted. Seriously. Thank goodness I get my discount on them at work! :drinker:
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    aspartame is poison. i don't think poison is good in moderation. no bueno for me!

Your body creates both aspartic acid, and phenylalanine, which is all aspartame is. Guess your body creates poison then.

deadhorse.gif
  • lisasays
    lisasays Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    hmonster - all of my food tastes good!!! I dont think crap food is tasty and I like what mother nature gave us :-)