To Log or Not to Log Thanksgiving

Options

Replies

• JackKsavestheday
    JackKsavestheday Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    im gonna log it all!! not sure if I can eat the way I used to but if I know me im gonna try!!
  • thepanttherlady
    thepanttherlady Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Just had this conversation with a co-worker the other day. I am serious about changing my habits and think I may enjoy a few pieces of turkey (no skin) in a nice salad with a light creamy cilantro dressing. There is nothing from the Thanksgiving meal that I "must" have so I can still participate without going over my calorie count.

Depending on how I feel, I may allow myself a piece of pumpkin pie. :)
  • lovecrystaljoy
    lovecrystaljoy Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    YOU SHOULD LOG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • fitzie63
    fitzie63 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    Before you make those holiday management decisions, please visit my last two blog posts: "Take yourself out to breakfast ... in your own kitchen" and "Losing weight is not instant oatmeal".

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/fitzie63
  • Bonita_Lynne_58
    Bonita_Lynne_58 Posts: 2,845 Member
    Options
    I plan on logging. I will have small portions of everything that sounds good. I do not plan on eating till I'm stuffed. The goal is to stuff the turkey, not to stuff myself. I'm sure I will be over on my calories. Not going to stress over it. :wink:
  • dp1228
    dp1228 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    im going to look up the calories for the foods my family usually makes just so i have an idea of the calories. but i wont obssess over it. im just curious to see how many calories everything is! PLUS im gonna need to know that information for when i eat the leftovers LOL.. ill def need to be careful then
  • bankstisha
    bankstisha Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I'm logging, but I'm not going to limit myself at all. I am debating on doing a Turkey Trot that day to make myself feel better about overeating. But even if I don't do the Turkey Trot, I'm still not limiting. It's one day! Right? lol
  • audrey_mckay01
    Options
    I am definitely going to be logging on thanksgiving - i think it will help remind me of my goals while eating that day. I plan on sampling a little bit of everything on Thanksgiving but not eating till i am stuffed.
  • sllm1
    sllm1 Posts: 2,114 Member
    Options
    Logging - eating what I want, eating SLOWLY, and planning to get in an exercise session between lunch and dinner - to stretch and ward off the turkey sleepies. :yawn:
  • baisleac
    baisleac Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    So many foods are brought pot-luck that it would just be pure guesswork on my part. I'm going to do the same thing I did last year.

1) Try a bite or two of everything I want
    2) Have a little bit more than that of stuff I like
    3) Stop when I'm full
    4) Chase the munchkin around for exercise
  • TexasNana41
    TexasNana41 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I'm going to eat what I want to and then log. I'll be curious anyway about the value of what I ate, so why not find out. I do plan to ask myself though if I really want something or I'm just eating it because I'm "supposed" to. But if I want it, it's going in.
  • page68
    page68 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I'll be overeating, and i'll be logging.

I'll amend that to say I won't overeat i.e. quantity, but I'll be eating outside my normal confort zone. Oh yeah, I'll own it too and log every bite.
  • hoppinglark
    hoppinglark Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I was on MFP very regularly until I stopped logging for my birthday back in March. I just now got back into it in October, so
    I don't ever plan on not logging ever again.
    I like the idea of doing the Turkey Trot / Bike Ride/ etc. exercise in the morning eat a huge lunch, exercise in the evening!
  • JeSuisPrest
    JeSuisPrest Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    Logging!!! For sure, just because it's a holiday doesn't mean I'm going to throw the towel in. I know myself well enough to know that if I jump off the wagon even for the day, I risk not getting back on. I have come too far, to blow it now!
  • inskydiamonds
    inskydiamonds Posts: 2,519 Member
    Options
    At this point, I don't think I NEED to log Thanksgiving. Last year I did, but this year it isn't as crucial for me.
  • SarabellPlus3
    SarabellPlus3 Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    I'll be overeating, and i'll be logging.
    This is me! LOL I'll c&p this answer for Christmas Eve and Christmas, as well. :) I like to keep track, but I absolutely go over some days, and I'm OK with that. Holidays are no exception, I'm doing this for life and I'm going to work enjoying my life in with remaining healthy.
  • azsuzi
    azsuzi Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    I'll be logging to keep myself accountable, but know that I WILL be going over for the day! :laugh: Definitely not going to eat until I can't move though - I know better than that now. Then I can use my diary to research and make healthier substitutions next year!! Mmmmm - bring on the mashed potatoes and pumpkin pie!!!
  • sarahkatara
    sarahkatara Posts: 826 Member
    Options
    i'll be logging and creating recipes for the dishes my mom does to see what they measure up to. not limiting to 1200 cals that day but definitely will be taking a nice long after-dinner walk!
  • hausofnichele
    hausofnichele Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I'll be logging and I'm also going to try and stick to eating the way I have been eating. I can't do a whole lot of carbs so I just won't overdo it with the stuffing or potatoes, etc.

I think it's great that a lot of you are going to log that day. Like others have said already, knowing what you put in your body is a learning experience whether your calories are in the red for the day or not.
  • _tiifyjo_
    _tiifyjo_ Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I wan to log it... just not sure how accurate it will be since I am not going to measure out every serving as I usually would. I just want to see just how many calories I eat. Plus if I see it in black and white, I will be less likely to splurge on left overs the next day lol. I too am going to avoid the over-stuffed, can't move, lethargic feeling. Just eat normal sizes of everything I want, and eat slowly so that I feel full before being stuffed.