Options

Replies

• Patty21981
    Options
    I will be logging at the end of the day. :smile:
  • fordster99
    fordster99 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I plan on logging Thanksgiving. I don't have much say in how the food is prepared because we will be going to my inlaws but luckily they have a vegetable tray they pass around before dinner. I will probably load up on fresh brocolli, carrots and cauliflower and use a saucer for the meal. I might even wear my pants that are still tight to remind myself to not overeat. Luckily, I am not crazy about pie so staying away from the pie won't be too difficult. Its just those rolls and butter that will get me.
  • Pollywog39
    Pollywog39 Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    I am going to log for sure. This will be my first MFP thanksgiving so I want to know what I ate, but I'm eating some of everything. I just want to know...... :(

Yup, that's what I'm going to do, too ^^

And it will be different, because I do NOT like being too full..............that uncomfortable feeling is way too unpleasant. So I'll eat small portions of my favorites, and be happy :)
  • TheBraveryLover
    TheBraveryLover Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    I'll be logging and limiting., :-)
  • carolinagirl7
    carolinagirl7 Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    I am going to see if I have learned from past holidays. I usually overstuff myself "because it is a special day", like an excuse to go overboard. It often takes me days and weeks to recover from that one day, and frankly I am really beginning to wonder if it is worth it. I may or may not log d/t the day's food and exercise d/t time, but I am going to work hard to stay on track!
  • graysmom2005
    graysmom2005 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    Not at all. That would be next to impossible. One day of enjoying the holiday food won't make a bit of difference. Enjoy!
  • Contrary03
    Contrary03 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    HELL NO:drinker:
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Eat and log.:drinker:
  • lmelangley
    lmelangley Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    I'm logging.... and then laughing about it.

But, I'm not too worried, actually. We're eating at lunchtime and I'm sure I'll be so full I won't want dinner.
  • wish21
    wish21 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    save for later
  • Erica_theRedhead
    Erica_theRedhead Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    No logging for me. It's a family event and I don't want to be calculating in my head. I've changed my habits so much, that I don't feel the need to over stuff my face with food. I will eat, drink, and watch football, not limiting myself too much. But I'm also doing an 8k run in the morning, and am also making a few healthy side dishes and a dessert to pass as well. Just work it off over the course of the week and no biggie! Enjoy everyone!
  • mslh84
    mslh84 Posts: 180
    Options
    I'll be logging, but I'm going to make sure I hit the gym hard the day before so I have the extra calories, because it's my fave holiday of the year!!!
  • Maryjaneshoes
    Maryjaneshoes Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I'll be logging...want to keep myself on track. But I MAY forget to log the wine. :-)
  • havalinaaa
    havalinaaa Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Originally I was going to not log as we were supposed to go to see my family, something I only do once a year, and I didn't want to have to worry about it. Plus trying to log all the various dishes my family eats (we do it pot luck style) would be a pain in the tookus. But now our travel plans have changed and we're doing Thanksgiving alone, maybe a few friends, so I'll probably log but not worry too much about going over.
  • wolfchild59
    wolfchild59 Posts: 2,608 Member
    Options
    I log every single thing I eat. If I eat 1200 calories or 7000 (which I did once at Disneyland), I log every single bite that I put in my mouth. My food diary is meant to not only track my daily eating but to be able to track things over time to see how different thing affect me and my body. If I'm not 100% faithful to my diary in regards to what I eat, I'm just lying to myself.

So I plan on eating anything I want, in any amounts that I want. But I'm going to enter every last thing. :)
  • CoraGregoryCPA
    CoraGregoryCPA Posts: 1,087 Member
    Options
    Don't log!!! It's tooo crazy! How do you know what the cook has put in that food!!??!!??!! It's a free day-week :)

I have a race that day :) 5 mile run :)
  • kaetra
    kaetra Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Nothing like being prepared! I just logged what I usually eat on Thanksgiving for the 24th, and it turns out it's really not that horrible! It's going to be a maintenance calorie day for sure, but it's not gonna be nearly as crazy as I thought it would be!

The worst bit is the sodium of course, but oh man is it gonna be a delicious day!

• SDkitty
    SDkitty Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    I'm going to log as much as I can but am afraid there will be some that I just have to estimate since I'll have no way of knowing all the ingredients....I'm not too concerned about it though, as long as I keep to my plan the rest of the month!

LLAP :flowerforyou:
  • malloriewebb
    Options
    A bunch of friends and I are running a 5k Thanksgiving Day. Im sure there is one near you even you have to walk it. Helps the homeless and mught motivate you to NOT go back for seconds or load up. :)
  • kmbrooks15
    kmbrooks15 Posts: 941 Member
    Options
    I already know I'll be over, but I have some strategies planned to minimize the damage. I'm not going to log that day; it's a holiday and I want my focus to be on my family, my kids, and the things I am thankful for, not my calorie count. It's good practice for the day that will eventually come when I stop logging (after I meet goal weight and maintain for a year, I will probably stop logging every day and just log a week here and there periodically to make sure I stay on track). I have to know that I can eat sensibly without having to write down every bite. Now, Friday morning...right back to logging every bite!

We're not eating until after 7:00 that night (my sister is an ER nurse and has to work that day, so we'll be eating after she gets off shift). The good thing about this is that I can eat healthy foods for breakfast and lunch and my two normal snacks. By the time dinner rolls around, I won't be as hungry as I would've been eating earlier in the day. It helps that my three favorite things that we have are the turkey (I prefer white meat), sweet potatoes (with a pecan topping-has some sugar, but shouldn't be too bad), and our Christmas beans (green beans, tomatoes, onions, and bacon-higher calories than plain green beans, but not as bad as green bean casserole). The rest is stuff I can take or leave. So I'll eat a reasonable amount of food. For dessert, I'll probably have a small slice of birthday cake (my son's birthday is that weekend, so we'll celebrate while we are all together) and that's it. The kids and I will take our bikes to my parents' house, too, so we can go out and ride that day. I may try to hit the gym early that morning, too, if I can.

Right now, I'm logging every bite I put in my mouth. I'm finding that it can border on obsession if I'm not careful. I don't want my holiday and my kids' holiday ruined because I have to keep stopping and putting my calories in on my phone. I want my focus to be on them that day.

I think it's amazing, though, that everyone is already thinking ahead. I think that, more than anything, is going to help all of us not to overindulge that day. No matter what your plan is, the fact that you HAVE a plan is 90% of the battle. So everyone enjoy the day, whether you log or not! :happy: