Replies

• Candicegay51
    Candicegay51 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I plan on logging!!! Also trying to get in a workout :smile:
  • meganepreston
    meganepreston Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    I will be adding recipes to my database the week before Thanksgiving (stealing my mom's and putting in my own contributions to the table). This way I can visualize everything on the table and make a plan ahead of time. I know I don't want to be adding everything up after the fact. Also planning on running that morning and encouraging my family to join me on a post-dinner walk (5 miles). I <3 Thanksgiving :)
  • yaddayaddayadda
    yaddayaddayadda Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    I always log no matter what... Since I hit my goal, I often go over, but logging keeps me grounded in reality when it comes to what I am eating... I WILL go over on Thanksgiving:-)
  • ivyjbres
    ivyjbres Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    I haven't decided yet. Plans are still up in the air. Either it'll just be me, hubby and our four year old, in which case its all getting cooked in the bamboo steamer. Or I might get myself invited to a friend's family's for dinner since we don't get to go see our family for Thanksgiving.
  • MJ7910
    MJ7910 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    i've been thinking about this a lot. i think i will still log but just won't eat a big breakfast or lunch that day to make up for it.
  • tiptoeketo
    tiptoeketo Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I logged for Canadian Thanksgiving in October- I was way over, of course, but found it interesting to see what a typical holiday meal actually measured.
  • KettyLan
    KettyLan Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    I'm going to log it and try to burn as much of it as I can.
    I'm not going to say no to anything but i'm not going to eat until i can't move either lol

Same here
  • SarabellPlus3
    SarabellPlus3 Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    I'm going to log it and try to burn as much of it as I can.
    I'm not going to say no to anything but i'm not going to eat until i can't move either lol

Same here
    Ooooh... I like that idea. I said earlier, I also will overeat and log (though everything's homemade, and I'm not measuring, so just guesstimates), but I will try to work in extra workouts that week to try to cut the overage!
  • kaetra
    kaetra Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Well if this were a vote, it's a landslide for logging! I thought I was maybe being a tiny bit crazy thinking of logging Thanksgiving, but now I feel a lot better about wanting to log it. :)

I'm also really loving the ideas here too: pre-planning, getting a workout in, enjoying myself, eating smaller portions, taking a walk after dinner, aiming for a maintenance day (or not too much over maintenance) etc.

You all are awesome! <3
  • CMmrsfloyd
    CMmrsfloyd Posts: 2,383 Member
    Options
    Well if this were a vote, it's a landslide for logging! I thought I was maybe being a tiny bit crazy thinking of logging Thanksgiving, but now I feel a lot better about wanting to log it. :)

I'm also really loving the ideas here too: pre-planning, getting a workout in, enjoying myself, eating smaller portions, taking a walk after dinner, aiming for a maintenance day (or not too much over maintenance) etc.

You all are awesome! <3

Just think how entertaining it will be when you 'complete this entry' in your food diary and get the 'if every day were like today, in 5 weeks you'd weigh XXX lbs'. We should all come back and post how much weight we'd gain if we had Thanksgiving every day. LOL
  • amberrrogers
    Options
    I will log every meal I consume. I dont care if I go over that day. But the day before and after I will be pushing the limit at the gym to try to 'make up for it', I am making a practice Thanksgiving dinner tomorrow (ok a mini thanksgiving) to see how I do on calories. Tomorrow is also my off day so when i go to the gym today, its on!
  • rockerbabyy
    rockerbabyy Posts: 2,258 Member
    Options
    ill be logging it, but going to use it as my cheat day (instead of my normal sunday cheat day)
  • ritaadkins2002
    ritaadkins2002 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    i think i will be logging...i love turkey now...but i will try to use my will power not to over eat. but we will see on thanksgiving.
  • adross3
    adross3 Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    Keep your eye on the ball. The holiday seasons are comming and the habits of Fat America are very influencial. Wouldn't it be cool if the holidays were about fitness and health.
  • EHolstrom
    EHolstrom Posts: 2,563 Member
    Options
    I will be logging. Not limiting myself anymore than i have other years. but i hate turkey and sandwiches and most pies and cookies so i just have to watch out for sweet potatoes and pumpkin pie
  • CannibalisticVegetarian
    Options
    I'm gonna get a really good burn at the gym, so that I wont feel NEARLY as bad about indulging once at home. As far as logging goes, I think I'll go for it.. but I have a feeling I won't like what I see. I want to promise to give myself smaller portions.. but ..I dunno.
  • mrb_9110
    mrb_9110 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I think I will log, not overeat, and try to be under a couple hundred every day the first part of the week. Then I'll kick my butt in the gym on friday and Saturday :)
  • kellyb63
    kellyb63 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I'm logging it and will be working out a lot before the big Gobble day. I will NOT overstuff myself. I will eat small portions of everything and will be making turkey tettrazinni full of onions, mushrooms, bell peppers, celery and low fat cream of mush soup / broth with the leftovers. Will use healthy veggie/garen blend noodles. Good luck everyone! No one cares for sweet potatoe pie or pumpkin in my family, however, we can put a hurtin' on homemade apple and pecan pie.
  • Tori_356
    Tori_356 Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    I'm not logging. It's a freakin' holiday, and I intend to enjoy it.
  • got_BluEgo
    got_BluEgo Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    i'll def be logging BUT i will not over eat this year