To Log or Not to Log Thanksgiving

Options

Replies

• sunnyday789
    sunnyday789 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I logged before I ate dinner as I knew what what was going to be served. Still had everything I wanted including dessert, mostly it was a matter of portion control and mindful eating. I did eat a little more than I planned so it was more of a maintenance day, but for me was better than a binge day. Also, tried to cut back in calories earlier in the day and find time for exercise.
  • jerber160
    jerber160 Posts: 2,606 Member
    Options
    I'm gonna try to log, but not really worry about it.... beforehand tho, I want to experiement with how a lowfat pie tastes....and maybe experiement with great appetizers....we tend to graze all morning, so the actual DINNER is almost a food-afterthought
  • Psalm17v22
    Psalm17v22 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Ill be logging it
  • jerber160
    Options
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    I will be destroying everything in my path and not giving a single F about macros, calories, or the logging of them.
  • jerber160
    Options
    [quotehmmm. didn't think of adding a walk... I still want to know why you have a revelations pic on your profile ( I love it)
    i'll be logging and creating recipes for the dishes my mom does to see what they measure up to. not limiting to 1200 cals that day but definitely will be taking a nice long after-dinner walk!
    [/quote]]
    i'll be logging and creating recipes for the dishes my mom does to see what they measure up to. not limiting to 1200 cals that day but definitely will be taking a nice long after-dinner walk!
    [/quote]
  • oceanrose78
    oceanrose78 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    We are going to a waterpark for Thanksgiving weekend where we rented a 2 bedroom unit with kitchen. I am making a Vegetarian/Vegan dinner, will do part before we get there and the rest there. My goal is to be as healthy as possible without sacrificing the taste and flavor. I'll be logging it I hope, though I'm also not worried about calories. We'll be swimming 4-6 hours a day or more :).
  • AmyPearshape
    AmyPearshape Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I plan to quick add 3500 calories, and just not over-do. I consider it a well-deserved break from logging every bite. One large beer. Easy on the appetizers. One reasonable plateful, no seconds. One piece of pumpkin pie, easy on the whipped cream. (I make the pie with lard-free crust and I use skimmed evaporated milk for half of the evap. milk. It turns out great that way.) Day after Thanksgiving: back to logging everything! I plan to maintain through that weekend, and that will be fine. First, I have to go buy some skinner clothes! My pants are too baggy!!!
  • KeepGoingRhonda
    KeepGoingRhonda Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    I live in Canada where we recently had Thanksgiving....... I went into NOT wanting to feel stuffed but also to enjoy some favorite foods that I seldom have. I did log it ....and actually stayed within my cals(I did workout prior to have extra cals to eat) I cannot begin to describe the feelings of pride in myself when I left the gathering and I was not stuffed and had to be rolled out of the house! Lol. It was a moment where I realized I have made some real changes in my life! It was wonderful! .....and so was the pumpkin pie:)
  • Maryee71
    Maryee71 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I will log no matter what or how much I eat. The whole point in doing this, is to be honest with ourselves.:happy:
    At least you know where you stand for calories for the week. We're not perfect, and we know that there are
    special days for the rest of our lives. We can't be on a guilt trip and throw up our hands in defeat.:noway:
  • sarahkatara
    sarahkatara Posts: 826 Member
    Options
    [quotehmmm. didn't think of adding a walk... I still want to know why you have a revelations pic on your profile ( I love it)
    ]
    [/quote]
    [/quote]

what are you referring to with a revelations pic and what are you trying to say? the post is hard to follow...
  • K1Teacher
    K1Teacher Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    I'll probably log it! Blame it on the Type A personality!!! :laugh:

Me, too! I'll probably change my goals for the day to be on "maintenance" because I won't allow myself to go into the red, either. :blushing:
  • CMmrsfloyd
    CMmrsfloyd Posts: 2,383 Member
    Options
    I will be exercising a bit of self-control (smaller portions than previous years, maybe loading up on less calorie-dense foods instead of having half a plate of stuffing LOL, maybe just one dessert) - it'll be tough to log b/c I won't be cooking so I won't know exactly what goes into everything, plus I'm not going to sit there at the table at my DH's aunt's house and measure out everything. I don't want the family to think I'm giving myself a complex. LOL So it will be a rough estimate. But I most definitely will be logging it so I can get an idea of what I've done, and how hard I'm going to have to work to fix it. LOL I may change my goal that day to 'maintenance' like pp said, just to give me an extra 500 calories to play with before it starts looking bad in my diary. LOL Mainly I'll be happy if I don't overindulge to the point of gaining weight, so yeah I'm thinking maintenance that day, and if I manage to stay under that I'll give myself an imaginary high-five. LOL
  • rubyosburn
    rubyosburn Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I am going to log, not deny myself a small portion of what I want. This year I do plan on making it a healthier and
    happier Thanksgiving. :laugh:
  • kateroot
    kateroot Posts: 435
    Options
    I don't think I'll log, but I'm planning on about 3000 calories that day. Not denying myself anything :)
  • MaryIM
    MaryIM Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I'm going to log ... it will be interesting to see how many calories and carbs that are actually consumed on that one day.

I'm also going to prepare for the day by staying vigilant with exercising in the days ahead of time. And also being careful what I eat in the days before Thanksgiving.

It's only one day and a minor detour on the road to success.
  • KokomoJoe
    Options
    Even if Thanksgiving is going to be a day of indulgence, log it and move on. Next you won't log Christmas party's, Christmas Day new Years eve, New Years day, superbowl. You are allowed to have those days. As some have said they are planning on working it off etc. Logging it might actually stop you from seriously over eating once you realize how much you've consumed with those 4 egg nogs and rum.
  • Jewcybabe
    Jewcybabe Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I plan to log........part of this lifestyle change is my being held accountable.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I haven't logged on a weekend or holiday since June.
  • Xtina_Beba
    Options
    I'll be logging and I won't be having a traditional feast (turkey, potatoes, stuffing) because I'm Pescatarian/Paleo. However, do try to log in and enjoy :)