February "No more late night snacks challenge"

Options

Replies

• jacqueline0821
    jacqueline0821 Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    So I made it through 13 days with no late night snacking and then fell off the wagon. I will be starting over tomorrow.
  • zaza54
    zaza54 Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    kerimcdonald, I can relate! I thougth we'd be back to an empty house, but we are babysitting my niece and nephew since it's school vacation and their mom has to go to work. On top of the cheese puffs and Mexican food, my husband then made us banana splits for a movie-watching snack. I forgot all about this challenge. :grumble: But, it was worth it. I know - not the right attitude.:laugh:
    Hopefully, tonight will be my new Day 1.
    Sounds like a few of you got pretty far with the challenge. Any idea who has gone the longest so far? Wanda, where are you? Dewpearl, how about you?
    Good luck everyone!!
  • zaza54
    Options
    kirstina_23 and jacqueline, you've both done great! Don't get discouraged about falling off the wagon. It does happen, but you know you can do it. Now let's see who's going to win February.
  • dewpearl
    dewpearl Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    Dewpearl, how about you?

I knew you'd think of me! *hug*
    I had this stupid idea of not counting the days unless I do good also with my calories. Hence, when I did bad with the calories, I did not care anymore in the evening, cos the day was already lost.

So, yeah, I'm pretty much nowhere and gaining weight... Which means, I need to start anew. Pretty much kicked-off yesterday when I went to the aerobic class. That was SO great! Not only for the fun I had during the class, but mostly for the feeling after - I feel like a new person since, the person I've been missing the past couple of months.

So, I guess you'll be hearing from me again soon :wink: . Thanks for asking about me, this makes me feel like my presence means something, so I have something to fight for - not to disappoint you, that is. Thank you! :flowerforyou: :happy: :heart:
  • LifeChanges42
    LifeChanges42 Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    12 days under the belt.

Have been sooooooo busy with school and family that I haven't been logging in my info, but I have lost 2 more pounds. Yeah!!!!!
  • Kellyelly
    Options
    Keri, thanks for the encouragement and the welcome.

This is day three for me and so far so good. I am proud of myself!!!
  • LifeChanges42
    Options
    Well, last night I had a snack at 9:30!!!! I haven't been to the gym in over a week.... I have worked out at home, but it doesn't burn as much as that calorie roaster I love to hate at the gym (the elliptical).
    My 12 year old wanted popcorn before she went to bed and then she hardly ate any of it. I was watching TV (regular stuff... not baby stuff).... so I picked up the bowl and ate the rest without thinking. Well, I did think, just not until I was half way finished with it and then I thought to myself "I already messed up may as well make it really count." LOL

Tonight day 1 again
  • adopt4
    adopt4 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    Even though I only just found this, I so need this! For me, late night snacking would be after I go to bed and can't sleep and get back up, or after the family is in bed asleep... whatever time that is (usually by 9). If I can't sleep I always want to get up and eat, and crave things like milk and cereal, not that it's bad, it's just a bad time, even if I have a few calories left over.
  • aml0484
    aml0484 Posts: 425
    Options
    Ok totally pumped 3 days down.:happy:
  • 1Corinthians13
    1Corinthians13 Posts: 5,296 Member
    Options
    adopt4 - nights are so hard for many of us I think because many times, we end up vegging in front of the TV. At least I do.

I made it through last night though!!! Yay for me!!! I think that's the 3rd night in a row...
  • kerimcdonald
    Options
    Wow!! everyone is doing a great job. I am on day 9 but last night we went to the movies and was watching my cell phone to make sure I tossed the snack by 9. That was tough! I had a half bag of gummy worms and I had to really force myself to toss them.......and then I missed them. But I even had water to drink instead of soda. Now I feel like if I could do that, I can do anything.
  • aml0484
    aml0484 Posts: 425
    Options
    :smile: kerimcdonald that is awsome that you overcame those struggles at the movie theater. :smile:

Day 4 down for me. New record for me. :bigsmile:
  • kerimcdonald
    Options
    am10484- Thanks for the encouragement!! I am on my day 10 today and I cannot believe I'vemade it this far!. I'm so glad everyone here has been there for me. When I want a snack at 10:00, I log on and talk for a few minutes until I feel better. Congrats on your day 4!! It's so tough and you're doing such a great job!
  • LifeChanges42
    Options
    Made it through 2 nights..... Staying up late doing homework tonight. So I am popping popcorn now to munch on before it gets to late. I have until 9 or 9:30 to eat it since I am going to be up until roughly 1 am.

I should do as KeriMcDonald id doing.... Logging on before making a snack.... Well.... off to watch Moulin Rouge and study!!!

Crossing my fingers that I make night 3.

Wanda
  • zaza54
    Options
    kerimcdonald, very impressive!! What a great example for all of us to follow.
    Dewpearl, I can relate. I haven't even logged on since I have been so out of my routine and so bad. As you can see from my ticker, I am back to the beginning again. I guess I just needed to get it out of my system. Hopefully, I have.
    Tonight will be my new Day 1 and another new beginning.
    You guys are great. I am going to make more of a point of logging on again and being accountable and being inspired by all of you.
  • Grammymax
    Grammymax Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    zaza - I'll start over with you tonight. My goal is to not eat anything past 7:30 p.m. on weeknights. Friday and Saturday will be 9:00 (just in case ;-) It won't include non caloric drinks though. I do like my herbal tea at night..
    I need all of you for inspiration. I'll also make a greater effort of checking in each day - again :wink:
    Have a great day.
    Esther
  • LifeChanges42
    Options
    Made through the "no late night snacking" but not all of the homework..... I guess.... same game plan for tonight.... except I will have air popper pop corn tonight without butter. (less sodium.... I hit the sodium hard yesterday..... A very bad day as far as my heart health and high blood pressure go.
  • zaza54
    Options
    Ugh - I am so tempted to have something, but it's after my cut-off time. I am going to make this Day 1 so I guess I'll go to bed so I don't have anything. I actually wish it was already morning so I could have some juice. Oh well. It's water for me. Let me get upstairs and further away from temptation in the kitchen.
    Good night all. Stay strong.
    Zaza
  • zaza54
    Options
    I did it! I finally got thru Day 1. It really does help. My ticker has finally moved again in the right direction. Of course, it helps that I finally exercised for 2 days in a row too.:laugh:

Here's to tonight being Day 2. :drinker: I'll have to watch the Oscars in bed so I don't get tempted to snack.
    Have a great Sunday everyone, and remember NO snacking tonight.:wink:
    Zaza
  • zaza54
    Options
    Im happy to report I made it thru Day 2. Where is everyone else? How are you all doing?