Do Guys Like Skinny Women?

Options

Replies

• haley_b_87
    Options
    I'll just say the OP's profile statement doesn't really help her case here.

LMAO!
  • WifeNMama
    WifeNMama Posts: 2,876 Member
    Options
    I say get to a state of healthful living, a weight and physique you are happy with that you don't have to kill yourself to maintain, and the men who are attracted to that body type will take notice.

Also, wear red. :wink: :tongue: because all men like a woman wearing red. :flowerforyou:
  • runnerjenn0708
    runnerjenn0708 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    It depends on the woman's frame, some look better skinny than others. I personally prefer an "athletic" look, like sprinters.

Also, there are so many other things than weight that go into making a woman attractive.

AGREED
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    a b or c? I'd like b for 400

fat-skinny.jpg

b and c both look good
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    I'm somewhere between B & C, shooting for B... Doesn't help that I just ate a bag of cashews.

Maybe I should be barf them up...
  • voluptas63
    voluptas63 Posts: 602 Member
    Options

LMAO!

Nothing in that profile helps her. She has many grammar errors, spelling is atrocious... And she should know that a dream to go to law school, does a lawyer not make. Passing the bar and having a law degree does, however.
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    I'm not skinny and my boyfriend seems to love me to pieces. :wink: I'm gonna say it's personal preference.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options

LMAO!

41qNB4CSe2BL__SL500_AA300_.jpg
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    Without reading through 4 pages the simple and usual answer is NO!

Nor does that imply a guy likes obese and non feminine shapes by default,they are both extremes and the same question could be put to ladies about guys.

I do not want a lady with no curves and the body of a teenage boy,maybe some do and that is their right but based on dozens of these threads they are in the minority.

A feminine figure that is healthy looks good at quite a range of actual weights.
  • CastleMadeOfSand
    CastleMadeOfSand Posts: 432 Member
    Options

LMAO!

Nothing in that profile helps her. She has many grammar errors, spelling is atrocious... And she should know that a dream to go to law school, does a lawyer not make. Passing the bar and having a law degree does, however.

Maybe her diploma says "Sally Caruthers" on it...
  • stefchica
    stefchica Posts: 257 Member
    Options

fat-skinny.jpg

i'd take C,....then B for later
  • Tujitsu56
    Tujitsu56 Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    I'd take B too, but to me neither A nor C is really bad. Both are acceptable in my books.... Don't take that as me not having standards, lmao... I definitely do.

fat-skinny.jpg
  • ShapeUpSidney
    ShapeUpSidney Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options

How can I phrase that where you understand that. DONT blow this out of proportion, also if you quote me with something stupid I am not going to respond. I know what I like in a dude. All I am asking is that why does America portrays skinny as pretty when normal people don't.

It's not "America" portraying anything...it's the fashion world, which I'll point out is largely non-American. "Normal" men don't typically go for that exotic, fashion-model thin look. "Normal" people also don't wear bat-wing ponchos with skin tight leather pants, and studded 7 in platform stilettos from Vivienne Westwood either. I guess we aren't as affected by fashion as you'd imagine...
  • Shanna_Inc86
    Shanna_Inc86 Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    Warning - politically incorrect stuff to follow.

I think that it is safe to say that although men _say_ that they like "this that or the other thing", if you go to a (bar, gym, coffee house, supermarket, beach, dog park, etc etc etc) thinner women get more male attention - if they are not "unhealthy" looking. I would like to add "statistically speaking" - but I have no stats on the subject, just lots of experience seeing this in action.

Yes, there are men who like slightly thicker or slightly thinner women, there are men who like "anorexic" women, there are men who like really large women... but I think that there's plenty of evidence that the distribution of male preferences of women, by BMI (or some such measurement) is in the shape of a bell curve, with the center of the bell showing preference for thin but healthy, and falling off towards the extremes in both directions. I have no proof, but it seems pretty clear to me that this is the case.

Anecdotally, look how people "vote" with their dollars: In the media, "trim but healthy" women are the biggest draw at the box office and the small screen. Of course, in fashion, the thin thing seems to be taken to extremes... and strangely, it seems to me that fashion photography's audience is skewed significantly towards the female population (look at the size of the women's clothing section vs men's at any department store, or just the sheer number of stand-alone women's clothing stores)

Personally, I weigh intelligence and personality very highly, but all other things equal, I'd prefer a trim and healthy looking woman, allowing for quite a bit of variation in that range.

I don't think that's politically incorrect, I think you are spot on.

:drinker:
    Agreed
  • Jeff92se
    Jeff92se Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options

fat-skinny.jpg

But I'd take C or A depending on mood.
  • kappy_hollowell
    Options
    Apparently..my hubby likes me just the way I am. A little thicker around the bottom is ok for him. Every man is different though. I've skinny guy friends who only date enormous women. and vice versa. It's all personal opinion/interest.
  • Shanna_Inc86
    Shanna_Inc86 Posts: 781 Member
    Options

fat-skinny.jpg

Think I might be blasted for this...
    As far as most attractive to me...I'm leaning towards A...someone between A & B is where I would like to be for myself personally...
  • CastleMadeOfSand
    CastleMadeOfSand Posts: 432 Member
    Options

fat-skinny.jpg

A just does not look appealing to me, at all.

Think I might be blasted for this...
    As far as most attractive to me...I'm leaning towards A...someone between A & B is where I would like to be for myself personally...
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options

But I'd take C or A depending on mood.

It's their tan skin isn't it. Do all men like tanned skin?

*runs*
  • debussyschild
    debussyschild Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    I think every guy has their own personal preferences, whether it's lots of T&A, very athletic, "thick" (hate that word, but you get it), and some guys really don't have a preference. I didn't marry my husband based on his looks, lol. That's not to say that I don't find him very attractive and appealing. Just because you've lost weight doesn't mean you can't get guys anymore!! LOL If anything, I think the VAST majority of men are attracted to women that take care of themselves. Inside AND out.