Over 200 Club

Options
Anyone interested in joining the over 200 club to get motivated and get UNDER 200?! I am! I was thinking we should start weekly challenges to help kickstart our weight loss, and I would be more than happy to spearhead the challenge. Anyone with me? I will take signups for the week!
If you don't want to participate in the challenge and just want to chat, that is always welcome too!!!
If you want to participate please post your screen name, starting weight, and goal weight. How about we start at 4 weeks of the challenge and reassess at the end of the four weeks? I am so excited! Here are my stats

amannisto
SW: 217.5 lbs
GW (in four weeks): 207

Replies

• abagwill
    abagwill Posts: 222
    Options
    Anyone interested in joining the over 200 club to get motivated and get UNDER 200?! I am! I was thinking we should start weekly challenges to help kickstart our weight loss, and I would be more than happy to spearhead the challenge. Anyone with me? I will take signups for the week!
    If you don't want to participate in the challenge and just want to chat, that is always welcome too!!!
    If you want to participate please post your screen name, starting weight, and goal weight. How about we start at 4 weeks of the challenge and reassess at the end of the four weeks? I am so excited! Here are my stats

amannisto
    SW: 217.5 lbs
    GW (in four weeks): 207
  • rosered51
    Options
    Sure sounds like fun!

SW: 223 :sad:
    GW: ANYTHING LESS!!!:drinker:

Ultimate Goal Weight: 140
  • adopt4
    adopt4 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    I'm in.
    Starting weight: 273
    Goal (first) 200
    Second goal: 191 (to have BMI of 29)
    Reasses from there!
    Kelli
  • Sounds great!!!

Current weight 256.5

Goal weight 230 by March 12th
  • jocelynnbug
    jocelynnbug Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    i am
    jocelynnbug
    now 225
    4 weeks from now 205
  • angelina_boo
    Options
    Hi I would like to join too :blushing:

SW 247
    GW 227

thanks

I am new here.. was wondering how I add my ticker to my posts???
  • wilted6orchid
    wilted6orchid Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    I am new here.. was wondering how I add my ticker to my posts???

Hey, you just copy the BBcode. Then click on the Home tab, and settings, there should be an option for changing your signature. Paste the BB right there.
  • kammiller
    Options
    I am in, I weigh 213 goal weight is 135:flowerforyou: It is nice to know I am not the only one let me tell you
  • 4lizjo
    4lizjo Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'll Join in Too,
    I have MFP as my home page, and was just thinking what change do I need to make to what I'm doing to really kick in losing the pounds, and I saw this post.

Current weight is 231,
    Goal in 4 weeks: 220

Of course the more the better, but I'm really looking to lose, and keep off safely with out the yo-yo effect, so I'm in for slow and steady, with the goal of just losing the weight!
  • Ga_Gal
    Ga_Gal Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Count me in

ga_gal
    starting weight 240
    current 223
    goal (4wks) 203
  • abagwill
    Options
    It is SO awesome to see so many of you all joining in! I will start an excel spreadsheet to keep track of all of our weight loss and I will keep you updated every week. Our weigh in will be every Friday and our new challenges will start on Saturdays! So here is to this weeks challenge!

Week One challenge: The Water challenge
    Try to drink at least 64 fl oz of water. Keep track of your water every day and report it on here. I will keep track and at weeks in, I will let everyone know who our winner was! Water is one of the first key parts to keeping us less hungry. Most of the time, we think we are hungry when in fact we are thirsty! Keep that water handy!
  • Hannah_Banana
    Hannah_Banana Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    Oh neat! Yay, this is exactly what I've been looking for. I can't wait to be in the 100s again. :ohwell:

SW: 209
    1st GW: 185
    2nd GW: 145
    Ultimate GW: Whatever looks good. :bigsmile:
  • thompsons81702
    thompsons81702 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    I want to post in here but I am getting confused posting my weights in different groups. I love the idea though. I started 4 weeks ago at 221 and today I was at 205. I am just eating healthier smaller portions and excerising more. I can not wait to be out of the 200's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • abagwill
    Options
    Thompsons: Great Job!!! That is amazing! Keep up the good work!
  • btrfly2nite
    Options
    I would love to join.
    started january 26th at 213
    current weight 202.4
    goal weight 145

Good Luck everyone = )

139556.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Diary
  • chipper15173
    chipper15173 Posts: 3,981 Member
    Options
    i would like to join........
    i have been struggling getting past the 209 mark. seem to always fall at that same spot. had my gall bladder out last week and i am past it. :bigsmile: going to keep it that way too.
    when do we begin? today, tomorrow? i am ready......

starting at 206
    1st goal 212 meet this one (this is what i was when i quit smoking, gained 25/30)
    2nd goal 196 what i was when i got prego each time, and the lowest in 30 years.....
    3rd goal 175 just sounds good
    4th and final goal 145. will adjust when time nears if need be....
    screen name: chipper
  • thompsons81702
    Options
    Thompsons: Great Job!!! That is amazing! Keep up the good work!
    Thanks! Congrats to you to! I love the idea of this group cause not that it should matter what size you are and if you want to or need to lose weight but there is a big difference between being in teh 200's and losing weight and going form 150 to 135 or something like that. I saw you just had a baby! Congrats! My little one will be 8 months on Thursday and I still have 15lbs of baby weight and then some to come off.
  • thompsons81702
    Options
    I have a question for all of you. I was just curious how you picked your ultimate goal weight. I had initially set my goal at 175. I thought that was a great number. I don't think I have been 175 since I was in 9th grade. I am not super tall but have very broad shoulders. Anyways I have been on the site for about a month and I see that most people set there goal at around 150. I know that for my BMI to be in a healthy range 150 is what I should weigh but I don't think it should always matter as long as you are healthy. Anyway just would love you thoughts. Maybe I need to set my goals a little higher.
  • swiftyoung
    swiftyoung Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Thanks for thinking of this. I'm in
    CW 228
    GW 1st:197(May 09)
    GW 2nd: 175 (Sept 09)
    GW Ultimate 164 (Dec 09) My Birthday
  • rosered51
    Options
    I have a question for all of you. I was just curious how you picked your ultimate goal weight. I had initially set my goal at 175. I thought that was a great number. I don't think I have been 175 since I was in 9th grade. I am not super tall but have very broad shoulders. Anyways I have been on the site for about a month and I see that most people set there goal at around 150. I know that for my BMI to be in a healthy range 150 is what I should weigh but I don't think it should always matter as long as you are healthy. Anyway just would love you thoughts. Maybe I need to set my goals a little higher.

I chose my goal weight because based upon medical science that is the top end of what I am supposed to weigh for a "healthy" weight. I think I would be happy at 150...really I will be happy when I look at pictures of myself and see the person I think I am inside my head, have more energy, and am happy with the me looking back out of the mirror. I don't think I am setting something so low that I will look like a stick figure. I weighed 150 when I was 12 and that was heavy for a child that age. So 150 as an adult seems like a realistic weight for me. Ultimately being aware and eating healthier so I can live longer and see grandchildren (a long way off).