Over 200 Club

Options

Replies

• akb2006
    akb2006 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I have not been doing good with water in take at all, all that i was able to get in theese last three days is 32 ounces of water. The rest was diet soda ugh!
  • Umeboshi
    Umeboshi Posts: 1,637 Member
    Options
    I've noticed I barely drink anything unless i'm at a restaurant. I must be dehydrated because i just gulp down the iced tea at restaurants... at least 3 glasses worth.
  • MissLissa
    Options
    I got in 25 oz. of water today O.O
    That is seriously good for me! :laugh:
  • abagwill
    abagwill Posts: 222
    Options
    Its so crazy how many of us are in the same boat. The reason I wanted to start out with the water challenge is because it is So vital! I am SO bad at drinking sodas (diet pepsi) if it is my house. I know that water has no taste and to me, it has to be ice cold to get it down... It is SO important to drink water. To add some flavor try orange or lemon slices :-) So tomorrow, (today for some of you) I want you to look at how much you drank the previous day and up it by at least a glass... If you can do that... you will be doing better than the day before.

As for weigh in, my suggestion is to weigh in on Friday morning, after you use the restroom. If you can't that is okay but I tend to be the same every morning. Get into a routine and it will come second nature to you.

Is anyone taking multivitamins? If you are a female, it is SO crucial to get enough of your daily vitamins... So if you aren't eating all those nutrients, invest in your choice of a multivitamin. There are TONS of great choices. For men, OMG your bone density is "aging" just like us females... Right now, I am trying to find an article for us on multivitamins and their importance. I hate "horsepills" so I am trying to find some suggestions...
  • osmium
    osmium Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Hopefully it's not too late for me to join. I'll be slightly confusing as my ticker is in Kgs as we're metric on the other side of the world. I'll convert into lbs for the challenge :smile:

Starting weight 224 lb
    Current weight (as of last Friday) 218 lb
    Goal weight (4 weeks) 210 lb
    Goal weight 143 lb (65kg equivalent)

I'm best at drinking water when I'm exercising. I love water, but I drink a lot of tea which slows my water intake. I'll report back in with final totals for today later :smile:

This is my first group challenge! I hope it helps :smile: Looking forward to chatting more.
  • abagwill
    Options
    OMG, today I did 144 oz of water!!!! I CANNOT BELIEVE IT!!!

BUT...I totally blew my sodium out of the water :noway: :grumble: ! I stayed under the calories though...ah well tomorrow is another day...

I'll do better then!:laugh:

Tomorrow is supposed to be below freezing here! BRRRRRR:sad:

WOW! 144 fl oz of water, that is great :-) As for the sodium, don't get TOO discouraged. It is good that you noticed that you had too much :-) That is always the first step; now the next step is to take action :-) Figure out what is drawing you into those salty foods and see if you can find an alternative. It is really good that you had so much water, it will help flush your system of the salt (sodium). Keep up the good work!!
  • abagwill
    Options
    I have not been doing good with water in take at all, all that i was able to get in theese last three days is 32 ounces of water. The rest was diet soda ugh!

Don't get discouraged... Just try to change up your water with some flavors of some sort and make it a fun experiment... Maybe get a water bottle that is 1.5 liters (56 fl oz) that might help you drink more water if you can see your progress... Let me know if you need any suggestions! We are all here to work together and accomplish our goals!
  • abagwill
    Options
    I've noticed I barely drink anything unless i'm at a restaurant. I must be dehydrated because i just gulp down the iced tea at restaurants... at least 3 glasses worth.

You are right about getting dehydrated... Tea is caffeinated and caffeine dehydrates you much quicker :-( I know I am a culprit of the wonderful diet pepsi too. One way to gauge if you are dehydrated is your urine. I know totally gross but it is so true! If it has a strong smelling odor, you may be dehydrated. If it is very dark in color, you are definately dehydrated. Things that make us dehydrated are not drinking enough water, drinking things with caffeine such as sodas, teas, energy drinks like red bull and rockstar and a few other things. Being dehydrated can cause serious harm to you over time so really try to get in some water with your iced teas and you should be okay :-) Keep workin hard!
  • Umeboshi
    Umeboshi Posts: 1,637 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the advice. :)
    From what you said I'm dehydrated almost all the time!
    Maybe I could buy decaf teas so I could have that flavor in my water without the dehydrating caffeine.
  • Coach2010
    Options

Is anyone taking multivitamins? If you are a female, it is SO crucial to get enough of your daily vitamins... So if you aren't eating all those nutrients, invest in your choice of a multivitamin. There are TONS of great choices. For men, OMG your bone density is "aging" just like us females... Right now, I am trying to find an article for us on multivitamins and their importance. I hate "horsepills" so I am trying to find some suggestions...

Thanks for your follow up.

Regarding soda, in general, diet or regular, keep in mind that it's bad for teeth. Really bad. My dentist warned me about diet soda when I asked him which was a good one since I was going to stop drinking regular soda, then he shared this bomb with me.

It's ok...I'm more of juice person anyway. (...and gatorade...which is also full of sugar :-(

Regarding the multi-vitamins, I've started using Nature's Way, Alive, in liquid form.

It's taste is kinda funky, but, it goes down quick, I only need a tablespoon, and I take it with Breakfast.

It seems to be an ok to take, as far as multi-vitamins go. Hope this helps.
  • rosered51
    Options
    amann, you are such a GREAT leader:flowerforyou: !

I am so impressed by all you have done so far in the short period since your first feed.:heart: Thank you for being so informed and so motivating!:flowerforyou:

I take a multivitamin and also several additional vitamins every day.
  • Matterafun
    Options
    Good morning, everybody!

I made my water goal of 64oz yesterday (Tuesday). I probably would have had more if I had worked out, but it was my day off :) I've got a big workout scheduled for today, if I can get motivated.

Has anybody noticed that when you drink more water, your thirst is more noticeable? It seems like when I drink 64 oz. or so in a day, the next day, I feel thirsty more often, which helps me to keep on drinking -- water that is!
  • Matterafun
    Options
    Hi MissLissa!

Where did you get the cute smiley on the treadmill graphic? I love it!
  • RainbowNtheWaterfall
    Options
    I wanna join!....

blah7997

SW: 237.5:smile:

4 Weeks: 227.5

GW:185:love: :love: :love:
  • sarabear
    sarabear Posts: 864
    Options
    :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: Keep that water comin! Great job!!!:drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • Winter23
    Winter23 Posts: 142
    Options
    Sounds Fun

Start - 225.6
    Goal- Anything under 220
    Ultimate goal- 140
  • abagwill
    Options
    I wanna join!....

blah7997

SW: 237.5:smile:

4 Weeks: 227.5

GW:185:love: :love: :love:

You are added! Welcome!! and keep that water comin!
  • abagwill
    Options
    Sounds Fun

Start - 225.6
    Goal- Anything under 220
    Ultimate goal- 140

So far it has been a blast! Everyone is really awesome and staying motivate! This week we are aiming for 64 fl oz of water each day. Track your water and report to us each day. Then we weigh in on Fridays!
  • proudmama0118
    proudmama0118 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    I am looking forward to getting back under that darn 200 mark!

Original SW 11/06: 225
    Fell of the wagon 5/08: 185
    Back on track 1/09: 214
    CW: 206.25
    1st Goal: 185 by May
    2nd Goal: 167 by August
    Ultimate Goal: 155
  • sarabear
    sarabear Posts: 864
    Options
    I think I'll cry the day the scale looks and me and says, congrats you weight 199!