Over 200 Club

Options

Replies

• DixonKels
    DixonKels Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! I just joined MFP today and this immediately caught my eye! I would love to take part!

SW: 228
    GW 4 wks: 218
    GW May 10th: 198
    GW ultimate: 165
  • abagwill
    abagwill Posts: 222
    Options
    Sun 02/01: 96 oz (12 cups)
    Mon 02/02: 96 oz (12 cups)
    Tue 02/03: 144 oz (18 cups)
    Wed 02/04: 120 oz (15 cups)
    Thu 02/05: 120 oz (15 cups)

Amann....since we started the challenge Sunday, do we continue this challenge through Saturday OR since we are weighing in on Friday, will you issue a new challenge tomorrow? If so, does that mean current challenges would run Friday - Thursday making today the last day of the water challenge?

Just looking for some clarfication. Thanks in advance!:flowerforyou:

This week is a little different since we technically started on Monday 2/2/09. Our challenges will usually run Saturday-Friday. This week was a little different, actually shorter. I will post the new challenge Friday night so we can prepare for Saturday. FYI, it has to do with the almightly EXERCISE! DUH DUH DAH! :noway: Is that more clear? Let me know if it isn't and I will post it better!
  • abagwill
    Options
    Ok First check-in :smile:

Today I am 216lb. So 2lb down! Yay!

YIPPEE!!!!:bigsmile: Way to go OS! I will email you the new challenge so you can start working on it because I know you are a day ahead of me! You are a rockstar! Only 6 more pounds til you hit your 4 week goal! you can SO do it!:drinker:
  • abagwill
    Options
    To all our new members. WELCOME WELCOME WELCOME! Jump right into the conversations and get that water down... Still weigh in tomorrow to get a start for the upcoming week and to gauge your progress for next week! You are all awesome and congrats on making the choice to better yourself for YOU!

Thought of the evening: Why do you want to lose weight? What are your motivations? Are they for you or for others?

I want to lose weight because I am the heaviest I have ever been (not including pregnancy). I want to get healthy so I can keep up with my son when he starts to run around and I want to make decisions for a better and healthier me. I want being healthy to come natural and not be a hassle. I know it takes time but I am in it for the long haul!
  • hamilton_mom
    Options
    I would love to join! As someone who's friends are all about 130lbs I can feel very alone in my battle!

Started Jan. 18th 230lb.
    Current: 221.6
    Short term goal: 215 in five weeks
    Next goal: under 200 - and to weigh less than my husband!!
    Long term: 160 (or whatever feels good!)

It is great to see so many in this club! :) You guys are a great motivation!

I feel the same way! Good job on the loss so far....can't wait till all of us get down to the UNDER 200 Club :wink:
  • hamilton_mom
    Options
    Ok....so is water that is flavored included in the count??? Also are waters like Perier included?

If so I get around 104 oz per day (I'm a heavy drinker...:tongue: ) I also get 3 cups of coffee and possibly 3 glasses of iced tea.

So what counts in the water challenge???
  • jocelynnbug
    jocelynnbug Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    today 2/5 72 oz of water yay!!!!!

thanks everyone
  • RainbowNtheWaterfall
    Options
    Hey everyone! I just joined MFP today and this immediately caught my eye! I would love to take part!

SW: 228
    GW 4 wks: 218
    GW May 10th: 198
    GW ultimate: 165

Howdy!...congrats on getting started, welcome!:flowerforyou:
  • RainbowNtheWaterfall
    Options
    It is SO awesome to see so many of you all joining in! I will start an excel spreadsheet to keep track of all of our weight loss and I will keep you updated every week. Our weigh in will be every Friday and our new challenges will start on Saturdays! So here is to this weeks challenge!

Week One challenge: The Water challenge
    Try to drink at least 64 fl oz of water. Keep track of your water every day and report it on here. I will keep track and at weeks in, I will let everyone know who our winner was! Water is one of the first key parts to keeping us less hungry. Most of the time, we think we are hungry when in fact we are thirsty! Keep that water handy!

"Most of the time, we think we are hungry when in fact we are thirsty! " This is a fact, I did research on water and it's benefits and this was one of the facts that I found to support drinking water because it helps you cut down on the calories if you test your "hunger" with water...the thirst and hunger signals are close and we sometimes immediately think, I'm hungry but I figured if I've been eating pretty well throughout the day, I might need to drink something instead to take the craving away....so let's Drink! Drink! Drink!
  • abagwill
    Options
    Ok....so is water that is flavored included in the count??? Also are waters like Perier included?

If so I get around 104 oz per day (I'm a heavy drinker...:tongue: ) I also get 3 cups of coffee and possibly 3 glasses of iced tea.

So what counts in the water challenge???

Hey Hamilton_mom: Flavored waters count as long as they are not extra sugary, any type of water counts. No caffeinated beverages such as soda, coffee or tea. Plain water and flavored waters, I would count perrier as well :-)

Tomorrow is weigh in! Even the new members should weigh in and report so that you can gauge your progress for next week. Also, the new challenge for next week will be posted tomorrow night to begin on Saturday! FYI, it has something to do with exercise! remember, step and think out of your box for this one and get creative...

Finally, each week we will get a new challenge BUT i want you to continue to monitor your past challenges (i.e. the water challenge) by yourself. Just because it is ending doesn't mean you should give up on it! If we just did that we would never get anywhere! Remember that!
  • abagwill
    Options
    Blah7997: Thanks so much for your research! It really really helps solidify the necessity for water! Awesome Job!
  • MissLissa
    Options
    Okay.......so I was very......very bad today. I drank absolutely no water whatsoever.
    4/5 0 oz......:noway: :frown: :frown:
  • rosered51
    Options
    Thought of the evening: Why do you want to lose weight? What are your motivations? Are they for you or for others?

I want to lose weight because I am

tired of looking at pictures of myself and wondering who that big blob is????:sick:
    tired of being tired all the time.:yawn:
    tired of being considered obese:grumble: although I am now no longer "morbidly obese"! (What a horrible name!):noway:
    sure that losing the weight will help alleviate some of the back pain and spasms from my car accident!:happy:
    determined to be a healthier me for myself and my family, I want to live to see grandkids (hopefully another 15 yrs or so off!).
    DETERMINED to prove to myself that I am a stong, confident woman who can make these hard choices and meet this seemingly unattainable goal. I can be that cute little girl who everyone looks at as she speeds by in the mall to buy some adorable little outfit that they don't think to offer FAT women!:angry:

I lost 1.5 since my Sunday weigh in!:drinker:
    CW: 221.5

Good luck everyone! Can't wait to see your results.

Here's a tip...make sure you have several reasons for why you want to lose the weight. Put them in your goals, on your mirror, somewhere you will be forced to see them every day! Looking at them can help you stay on track.!:bigsmile:
  • dvoross
    Options
    Ok. weigh in for the week. 275. Only a pound for the whole week. Have a great weekend all!:drinker:
  • nicolesdiet0809
    Options
    I know I'm kind of late to sign up, but I want to join the under 200 club! It's been at least eight years since I've not been over 200lbs. I want to be out so bad I can't stand it!

What days are weigh ins?

Here are my stats:

SW: 275
    CW:219
    UGW: 135

I guess my 4 wk goal weight...its high and unrealistic...but I'm aiming high...199!

url=http://www.myfitnesspal.com/weight-loss-ticker]113233.png[/url]
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Calorie Counter
  • rosered51
    Options
    Weigh-in is every Friday and we will receive a new challenge for the coming week Friday evenings.

Welcome to the club!!!:flowerforyou:
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to post - I went under two hundred at the end of the year - you can do it ladies - I am cheering you on....
  • nicolesdiet0809
    Options
    Thank you and congrats on getting out of the 200's!!! :drinker:
  • jocelynnbug
    jocelynnbug Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    ok i weigh.......225 thats no pounds lost :angry:
    oh well there is always next week
  • DixonKels
    DixonKels Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Ok I am still 228....but I just started yesterday so I'm keeping at it!! Hopefully I'll see 226ish next week. Any ideas to really kick start the weight loss?