Over 200 Club

Options

Replies

• Hannah_Banana
    Hannah_Banana Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    I have a question for all of you. I was just curious how you picked your ultimate goal weight. I had initially set my goal at 175. I thought that was a great number. I don't think I have been 175 since I was in 9th grade. I am not super tall but have very broad shoulders. Anyways I have been on the site for about a month and I see that most people set there goal at around 150. I know that for my BMI to be in a healthy range 150 is what I should weigh but I don't think it should always matter as long as you are healthy. Anyway just would love you thoughts. Maybe I need to set my goals a little higher.

I will stop when I feel ready to stop. To me, its just a number at this point. I have NO idea what I will look like at 145, it is just when I hit the 'healthy BMI' range. I am also large boned, so I wouldn't ever want to get close to the 118 at the other end of the healthy BMI spectrum. I like having curves and I would rather not see my ribs unless I arch my back. I just want to be healthy and spry, not 'skinny.'

It is your own personal goal. What you want, what you think looks good, what you know is healthy for your body. :flowerforyou:
  • Hannah_Banana
    Hannah_Banana Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    Oh neat! Yay, this is exactly what I've been looking for. I can't wait to be in the 100s again. :ohwell:

SW: 209
    1st GW: 185
    2nd GW: 145
    Ultimate GW: Whatever looks good. :bigsmile:

Whoops, need to edit this a bit.

SW: 221
    CW 209
    1st GW: 185
    2nd GW: 145
    Ultimate GW: Whatever looks good. :bigsmile:
  • rosered51
    Options
    Sure sounds like fun!

SW: 223 :sad:
    GW: ANYTHING LESS!!!:drinker:

Ultimate Goal Weight: 140

Need to edit also,
    SW: (on MFP) 230
    CW: 223
    GW: (in 4 weeks) anything less than now...realistically mabye 8-10 lbs.
    2GW: 199
    3GW: 175
    4GW: 150
    5GW: 140
  • pegm
    pegm Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Count me in..
    pegm
    Start weight 225
    Current weight 218
    4 week goal weight 206
    Additional goal - cardio 4x's a week/45 min
  • akb2006
    akb2006 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I totally want to join and do this.

My Starting Weight for MFP is 242
    My Current Weight is 231
    My Goal WL for 4 weeks is 220
    My ultimate goal is 160
  • abagwill
    abagwill Posts: 222
    Options
    Oh my goodness! I am so excited that there are so many of us banding together to hit our goals! Looks like some of us are totally losing and gaining energy! I was so proud of myself yesterday. I worked out in the morning and burned 700 calories! WOOO HOO!! I haven't done that in forever. I also did cardio for 50 minutes! I am working on mixing it up a little. I am headed to the gym tonight when my fiance gets home to watch the baby. Anyway, I am at 12 oz so far for water today... How are the rest of you doing?! I need to get on my water intake a little more!

I am working on our spreadsheet and should have it posted Soon...

So I am counting today as our official start date, anyone opposed? Remember to report your weigh in on this upcoming friday!
  • jcpm98
    jcpm98 Posts: 114
    Options
    Is it too late to join in????
    jcpm98
    Start weight: 294
    Goal weight:150
  • chipper15173
    chipper15173 Posts: 3,981 Member
    Options
    since i just had surgery last week, i am restricted in the exercise dept for a little bit. i did get 30 at a slow walk on the treadmill this morning. i have gotten in 6 glasses of water/tea in today. doing real good on my calories so far for the day. just finished dinner and have plenty left.
    hope everyone else is doing good.
    drink it up....:drinker:
  • flois
    flois Posts: 32
    Options
    Hi - Hope I'm not too late to join in as this is JUST what I need.

As someone else has said, its great to have the support of everyone on here, but its especaially good to hear from the 200+ group as its a longer journey for us all.

I'm fairly new here, so I'm not sure how much I can expect to lose in 4 weeks, but lets say:

Current weight = 252
    Goal weight in 4 weeks = 240
    Eventual goal = 170

Or anything that is less than now!

Keep up the good work
    Flo
  • abagwill
    Options
    Is it too late to join in????
    jcpm98
    Start weight: 294
    Goal weight:150

Nope not at all!!! I will add you in! This week we are working on getting enough water. Aim for 64 fl oz and report back your daily intakes! I will keep a spreadsheet and we weigh in every friday!
  • jcpm98
    Options
    sounds great! I know I need to up my water intake!! Thanks!

Jess
  • jcpm98
    Options
    My water intake for today was 54oz, man so close!!!:drinker:
  • Matterafun
    Options
    I'd love to join in, too, if it's not too late.

Start weight: 203.4
    Goal weight (4 weeks): 197
    Ultimate goal weight: 145-150

I just barely finished my 64 oz of water for the day. Whoo, hoo! Now, if I can just make it through the night! :wink:
  • sassiebritches
    sassiebritches Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    Ok, I am in the Green team too, but I can do both!

S/W-249
    G/W-150

Yeehawwwwwwwwwwwwww Lets do this!

:wink:
  • abagwill
    Options
    Wow! I am so happy we are doing a water challenge this week... I do not drink enough AT ALL!!! I got in only 32 oz of water! I drink way to much diet soda! I had 2 12 oz cans a 24 oz soda today :-( It really makes you realize what you are putting into your body doesn't it! I got in a small workout tonight, only 30 minutes but at least I got one in. I tried to start running for the first time after my C-Section and it started to tingle and hurt so I had to stop after 2 minutes, but still at least I tried!!!! I really am nervous about doing weight training at the gym... I get embarassed anyone have any tips?
  • Umeboshi
    Umeboshi Posts: 1,637 Member
    Options
    Can I join too? This sounds great.

Start Weight: 270
    End Goal Weight: 160

I have trouble drinking water. I usually only drink soda or lattes. Sometimes if I'm at a restaurant I drink iced tea but its mostly soda or nothing. Partly I just hate tap water.... I'll have to try to drink more.

I get really embarrassed exercising in front of people too, amannisto.
    So far the only way I can overcome it is to just push through it.
  • thompsons81702
    thompsons81702 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    I have a question for all of you. I was just curious how you picked your ultimate goal weight. I had initially set my goal at 175. I thought that was a great number. I don't think I have been 175 since I was in 9th grade. I am not super tall but have very broad shoulders. Anyways I have been on the site for about a month and I see that most people set there goal at around 150. I know that for my BMI to be in a healthy range 150 is what I should weigh but I don't think it should always matter as long as you are healthy. Anyway just would love you thoughts. Maybe I need to set my goals a little higher.

I chose my goal weight because based upon medical science that is the top end of what I am supposed to weigh for a "healthy" weight. I think I would be happy at 150...really I will be happy when I look at pictures of myself and see the person I think I am inside my head, have more energy, and am happy with the me looking back out of the mirror. I don't think I am setting something so low that I will look like a stick figure. I weighed 150 when I was 12 and that was heavy for a child that age. So 150 as an adult seems like a realistic weight for me. Ultimately being aware and eating healthier so I can live longer and see grandchildren (a long way off).
    I don't know maybe it is I just can't imagin myself at 145 or 150. That is what is says I should weigh to be healthy on the BMI scale. I just know so many women who are like 167 and things like that and they look so healthy and not one bit over weight. I don't know maybe I should talk to my doctor about it.
  • thompsons81702
    thompsons81702 Posts: 293 Member
    Options

I will stop when I feel ready to stop. To me, its just a number at this point. I have NO idea what I will look like at 145, it is just when I hit the 'healthy BMI' range. I am also large boned, so I wouldn't ever want to get close to the 118 at the other end of the healthy BMI spectrum. I like having curves and I would rather not see my ribs unless I arch my back. I just want to be healthy and spry, not 'skinny.'

It is your own personal goal. What you want, what you think looks good, what you know is healthy for your body. :flowerforyou:
    I do know it is my own personal goal, I just see so many people with lower goals than me. I just think at 150 I would look like skin and bones. Maybe I have just been heavy for to long. I am not sure what my problem is.
  • bagjmama
    Options
    I would like to join in also!! I just started on MFP today and I have lots to get off! But baby steps will get me there!

My starting weight is: 209.2
    Goal weight is: 140
    First goal is: 199 by March 8th (my birthday)
    2nd goal is: 189 by April 11th (daughters wedding!)

And please call me Christa! :drinker:
    142645.png[/url]
  • Matterafun
    Options
    I agree, it's hard to take in all of the water we need, but boy, does it help with getting rid of the excess water weight! The other day, I got on the scale and had gained 1.5 lbs in one day. How did that happen!! I looked at my food diary and realized that I had been eating salty foods and not drinking enough water. I drank my 64oz of water, made numerous trips to you know where and by the next day, I had lost that 1.5 lbs. of water weight. Crazy, but cool!

I try to keep a 32oz refillable bottle of water with me all throughout the day. Two of those per day and I'm set. It might just be me and it may sound crazy, but I find that drinking the water through a pop-up style water bottle makes it easier to get down than drinking it from a glass. Crazy -- I know, but it works for me. It also helps to keep your bottle of water handy and take sips often all throughout the day and in between bites at meals and snack times. Another trick is to add some lemon juice if you like a little flavor.

It's still a struggle for me to stick to 64 oz. a day, but we're all in this together and I have every confidence that WE CAN DO IT!!!:happy: