20 children

Options
Teliooo
Teliooo Posts: 725 Member
WOW. How do you even begin to manage 20 children? I have one and I find life hard enough. More power to them, but rather them than me.

http://news.yahoo.com/michelle-jim-bob-duggar-expecting-20th-child-144832226.html

Replies

• PBJunky
    PBJunky Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    WOW. How do you even begin to manage 20 children? I have one and I find life hard enough. More power to them, but rather them than me.

http://news.yahoo.com/michelle-jim-bob-duggar-expecting-20th-child-144832226.html

They are building an army!
  • jennajava
    jennajava Posts: 2,176 Member
    Options
    I cannot believe this. The last child nearly died, and they want to try again?

***Edit: This just leads me to believe they are doing it for the attention, not love of family. If they truly cared about their children, why would they try to bring another into the world knowing it poses a huge risk to mother and baby?
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Is this the first time you've heard of this family?
  • lniffa
    lniffa Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    lol, I know! I have none and get exhauseted just watching my brother with his kids. More power to them:noway:
  • XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    Options
    It's a little creepy - almost like creating their own little "society"... I think she needs to shut it down - especially with all the risks she took with #19
  • AccordingtoTodd
    AccordingtoTodd Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    it would be hard to remember all of their names
  • lniffa
    lniffa Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    lol, love that response..
  • rissadiane
    rissadiane Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I don't like to judge people for the decisions (not often anyway - I am human) BUT!!! 20 children now-a-days is just disgusting if you ask me. I know they can support them, but my gosh, why oh why would you do that to yourself? Having 20 children 200 years ago made sense because not many of them would make it into adulthood, but in 2011 .. well... 2012 I guess?! Ugh
  • mleoni092708
    mleoni092708 Posts: 629 Member
    Options

This was my thought. I also think I remember the mother having complications also with her last pregnancy? That poor woman's body. I can't imagine going through that many pregnancies! I could barely make it through one! I hope it turns out well for them. They have a lot of other children that depend on them.
  • Iamfit4life
    Iamfit4life Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options
    I can't help but to think this is truly a selfish act. I doubt one of those kids had a "normal" childhood. It saddens me.

So does that womans hair.
  • i_love_vinegar
    i_love_vinegar Posts: 2,092 Member
    Options
    it would be hard to remember all of their names

Only 6 more and they can just name each one a letter of the alphabet :D
  • Teliooo
    Options
    Is this the first time you've heard of this family?

I think I heard of them last year but I do not have a television so I don't really follow the news all the time. Are they not more known in America?
  • rissadiane
    rissadiane Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I can't help but to think this is truly a selfish act. I doubt one of those kids had a "normal" childhood. It saddens me.

So does that womans hair.

:laugh:
  • Teliooo
    Options
    I don't like to judge people for the decisions (not often anyway - I am human) BUT!!! 20 children now-a-days is just disgusting if you ask me. I know they can support them, but my gosh, why oh why would you do that to yourself? Having 20 children 200 years ago made sense because not many of them would make it into adulthood, but in 2011 .. well... 2012 I guess?! Ugh

I had a look at their website and they are deeply religious so I guess that is a factor. I have a friend who is not allowed to use protection and she is about to have a second child and her first is not even 2. She didn't really want kids but she had pre marital sex, got married to they guy, so in order to have sex, she will most likely just keep getting pregnant.
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    point is....she doesn't manage raising 20 kids. Her children raise her children.
    the younger ones call the older siblings "mom" ...
    that's sad in itself.
  • SueGeer
    SueGeer Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    Now to think of another name beginning with J....

Sue :smile: x
  • aramintio
    aramintio Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    wow, that woman has been pregnant for 20yrs!! omg.
  • jennajava
    jennajava Posts: 2,176 Member
    Options

I had a look at their website and they are deeply religious so I guess that is a factor. I have a friend who is not allowed to use protection and she is about to have a second child and her first is not even 2. She didn't really want kids but she had pre marital sex, got married to they guy, so in order to have sex, she will most likely just keep getting pregnant.

I believe in God. I use condoms and birth control.
  • SueGeer
    SueGeer Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    point is....she doesn't manage raising 20 kids. Her children raise her children.
    the younger ones call the older siblings "mom" ...
    that's sad in itself.

True.....and selfish....
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options

***Edit: This just leads me to believe they are doing it for the attention, not love of family. If they truly cared about their children, why would they try to bring another into the world knowing it poses a huge risk to mother and baby?

That baby's almost dying had nothing to do with how many children they've had. That could happen to a first-born just as easily.