Ways to Avoid/Break Plateaus

Options

Replies

• firesoforion
    firesoforion Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    This is great advice. Does anyone have any idea of why am I hitting a plateau at 5 pounds lost?
  • Bikini27
    Bikini27 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Taggin' for later! Thanks!!
  • Bikini27
    Bikini27 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Actually, on the subject of plateaus, why am I hitting one at 5 pounds lost?
    Shouldn't be, love. You have your food diaries open for friends to browse and point out what may be stalling you?
  • audrenr
    audrenr Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the info! I just started my diet so I've been losing pretty good, but now I'll know what to do once if I plateau.
  • tyra47
    tyra47 Posts: 97
    Options
    Thanks. I will use.
  • glennam1
    glennam1 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Thank you for this.....bump!
  • lgladybug
    lgladybug Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    wow thanks!
  • firesoforion
    firesoforion Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    Actually, on the subject of plateaus, why am I hitting one at 5 pounds lost?
    Shouldn't be, love. You have your food diaries open for friends to browse and point out what may be stalling you?

Yes and I've asked though posts fall all to fast from the trending list. I've bumped it up a couple of times and started another thread with the same info but a different name, and no luck. That's why I wondered and asked here. :ohwell:
  • tyra47
    tyra47 Posts: 97
    Options
    bump
  • BrwnGirlSlimmn
    BrwnGirlSlimmn Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    bump
  • luce262
    luce262 Posts: 4
    Options
    this is great advice! thank you :)
  • TheLongRunner
    TheLongRunner Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    BUMPPP
  • LAYLAH17
    LAYLAH17 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Awesome
  • blondiekat230
    Options
    Thanks ...love it!!
  • Mr_Cape219
    Mr_Cape219 Posts: 1,345 Member
    Options
    I am responding to this thread so it is on my topics page. I really like this information
  • katglaze
    katglaze Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Great info! Thanks!
  • mysticwonder
    Options
    I've been zig zagging caloric intake and changing up exercises...working out beautifully. I just upped my net calories from 1200 to 1300 due to my exercise habits and what I'm actually burning. I just got an HRM and believe me, THAT has changed everything. Knowing exactly what you're burning and at which level is ESSENTIAL in reaching your goals. Even though I was consistently losing weight the first couple of months, I hit a 2 week plateau. I was just going by the machines and MFP. Turns out, I was UNDEReating and burning way more at the gym than I thought.

Good info. Thanks for posting.
  • busymom50
    busymom50 Posts: 29
    Options
    wow! makes sense,thank you
  • RoxyLDN
    RoxyLDN Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Wow! Thanks so much StazzyBoo! Great post!
  • MermaidFaith
    MermaidFaith Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    i burned 1000 calories a day for 5 days, eating 1400 calories and that bumped me out of my latest plateau