Biggest things not to do on a first date

Options
krissagirl0709
krissagirl0709 Posts: 291 Member
So my moms listening to the radio and they were going to list the 5 biggest things not to do on a first date. And the first thing she says is "have sex"...im like mom I dont think thats going to be the turn off for that specific couple to make them NOT want to see each other again, and she is like yes it is. Lol, I would say a first date is to soon for that stuff but its not something that will absolutely mean hey I dont want to see you again since it is something they both would have done mutual.

So my question is what is the biggest thing that you have experienced on a "first date" that you would never want to experience again.

I cant think of any but I didnt really have many chances to date since I had a few boyfriends but they really changed my life not always a good thing, but just so I didnt have enough time to date or it wouldnt have been the right timing.

Replies

• elizabethblake
    elizabethblake Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Don't start crying because your ex-wife lives around the block from my apartment and every time you come over, you think about her.

Although to be honest, that was the second date...

First date - don't talk about your exes!
  • april_beth
    april_beth Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    So my moms listening to the radio and they were going to list the 5 biggest things not to do on a first date. And the first thing she says is "have sex"...im like mom I dont think thats going to be the turn off for that specific couple to make them NOT want to see each other again, and she is like yes it is. Lol, I would say a first date is to soon for that stuff but its not something that will absolutely mean hey I dont want to see you again since it is something they both would have done mutual.

So my question is what is the biggest thing that you have experienced on a "first date" that you would never want to experience again.

I cant think of any but I didnt really have many chances to date since I had a few boyfriends but they really changed my life not always a good thing, but just so I didnt have enough time to date or it wouldnt have been the right timing.

LOL - i dont know since i had sex the first night we went out - and here we are, married six years later :)
  • igora_soma
    Options
    Always checking their phone. So annoying...
  • april_beth
    Options
    Don't start crying because your ex-wife lives around the block from my apartment and every time you come over, you think about her.

OMFG hahahaha - that sucks balls!!! you poor thing!!!
  • lorna1002
    lorna1002 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Worst thing to do on a first date - Take your husband along.....:happy:

Obviously i'm joking but thought it was funny...
  • elizabethblake
    Options

OMFG hahahaha - that sucks balls!!! you poor thing!!!

Yeah, and I'm ashamed to say that I went out with him after that too! What can I say, he had talent. :laugh:
  • madubil
    madubil Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    talk non stop about yourself- and show me a million pictures on your iphone of yourself. Thats when you should just date yourself.
  • _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options

LOL - i dont know since i had sex the first night we went out - and here we are, married six years later :)

I met mine while drunk at a bar, had *almost* sex, which was pretty much everything leading up to....and still married 18 years later.
  • WifeNMama
    WifeNMama Posts: 2,876 Member
    Options
    I went on one date with a very sweet, funny young man, and that was one date too many. We were just friends, I had thought he was justvasking to see a movie as a friend, and then when he clarified it was a date, I thought well we'll see how this goes. It made the friendship very awkward and I bailed from that particular group of acquaintances as a result. If you aren't sure, just don't date the guy. It wasn't fair to him. Also, sometimes a date on a dare can be great fun. A different friend and I sort of got dared into going on a date, we looked at each other and shrugged, why not? No pressure, great food, laughed our butts off and had a great conversation. Totally not awkward after that.
    I guess, you just have to trust your gut instinct. :-)
  • _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    Don't show up at the door with a drink in your hand, then proceed to order 5 more before/during dinner and stop on the way home for a 6-pack.

This happened to my best friend. There was no 2nd date.
  • SeanIsMyHomeboy
    SeanIsMyHomeboy Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    My worst first date ever...

I'm in a band and decided to go out on a date with a girl that frequently went to our shows. We had chatted at these shows previously, exchanged a few texts, and decided to meet up. We went out, had fun, had some food, some drinks, some laughs. And at the end of the night she invited me back to her place...

And introduced me to her husband and 2 year old son.

Dealbreaker.
  • Charise317
    Charise317 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I went out on a "first" with a woman I really liked. Never told her I am a paramedic. Ended up doing cpr on a man in line at a well known restaurant. The ambulance arrived and we soon discovered that I was the only paramedic on the scene. So, I am starting iv's, getting an ekg, and pushing meds without thinking. I looked back at my date and she was mortified. I ended up going in the ambulance with the patient to the hospital. My date eventually told me that my life is way too "exciting" for her tastes. Now I show up wearing an EMS jacket and I tell the person my occupation first
    '"
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    propose
  • elizabethblake
    Options
    propose

You win!
  • Sublimely_Self_Righteousreused
    Options
    Fart
  • jojopel
    jojopel Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    propose

My dad kinda did that with my mother... They met on a blind date, it was love at first sight for my dad and when my parents met up with friends later on that first date, my dad introduced my mom as his future wife!
  • april_beth
    Options
    My worst first date ever...

I'm in a band and decided to go out on a date with a girl that frequently went to our shows. We had chatted at these shows previously, exchanged a few texts, and decided to meet up. We went out, had fun, had some food, some drinks, some laughs. And at the end of the night she invited me back to her place...

And introduced me to her husband and 2 year old son.

Dealbreaker.

what the *kitten* was she thinking??!!! as in like, no, seriously, what does one think this girl was thinking?
  • StrengthIDidntKnow
    StrengthIDidntKnow Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    Ask your date for money to pay for tolls home after she has already paid for the entire date.
  • april_beth
    Options
    I went out on a "first" with a woman I really liked. Never told her I am a paramedic. Ended up doing cpr on a man in line at a well known restaurant. The ambulance arrived and we soon discovered that I was the only paramedic on the scene. So, I am starting iv's, getting an ekg, and pushing meds without thinking. I looked back at my date and she was mortified. I ended up going in the ambulance with the patient to the hospital. My date eventually told me that my life is way too "exciting" for her tastes. Now I show up wearing an EMS jacket and I tell the person my occupation first
    '"

wait, that is SOOOO ****ty of her...id be honored to be dating someone who could save lives!!! good thing for you she said that...onto bigger and better things!!
  • adjones5
    adjones5 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    Don't spend more time looking at your dates tits than her face.