Biggest things not to do on a first date

Options

Replies

• chubby_checkers
    chubby_checkers Posts: 2,354 Member
    Options
    propose

lol. i was going to say this. the guy talked about needing to get his green card for a good 45 minutes and hinted that we would make a good couple. eeesh.

edit: grammar
  • Bridget0927
    Bridget0927 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    share details about your Bi-polar condition......
    Gents please save that info for once you've reeled us in!:wink:
  • cupcakethefatclown
    Options
    I went out on a "first" with a woman I really liked. Never told her I am a paramedic. Ended up doing cpr on a man in line at a well known restaurant. The ambulance arrived and we soon discovered that I was the only paramedic on the scene. So, I am starting iv's, getting an ekg, and pushing meds without thinking. I looked back at my date and she was mortified. I ended up going in the ambulance with the patient to the hospital. My date eventually told me that my life is way too "exciting" for her tastes. Now I show up wearing an EMS jacket and I tell the person my occupation first
    '"

what the heck? whats wrong with her? I would have thought that was awesome!
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Discuss your views on Animal Rights and then order Chicken....

Idiot.
  • vaderandbill
    vaderandbill Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    Don't spend more time looking at your dates tits than her face.

But what if they're really really good ones??? Kidding.

Don't reveal how many partners you've had!!
  • _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    propose

My dad kinda did that with my mother... They met on a blind date, it was love at first sight for my dad and when my parents met up with friends later on that first date, my dad introduced my mom as his future wife!

My grandparents got married 3 days after they met, and were married over 45 years when he died. They would have gotten married in 2 days, but couldn't find anyone to perform the ceremony on New Years Eve, but found someone on NYD.
  • chocolateandvodka
    chocolateandvodka Posts: 1,856 Member
    Options
    I went out on a "first" with a woman I really liked. Never told her I am a paramedic. Ended up doing cpr on a man in line at a well known restaurant. The ambulance arrived and we soon discovered that I was the only paramedic on the scene. So, I am starting iv's, getting an ekg, and pushing meds without thinking. I looked back at my date and she was mortified. I ended up going in the ambulance with the patient to the hospital. My date eventually told me that my life is way too "exciting" for her tastes. Now I show up wearing an EMS jacket and I tell the person my occupation first
    '"

that would be fantastic. i would have melted right then and there.
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    When your date gives you directions to her house, don't argue that she doesn't know what street she lives on.

Don't show up for the date with your 8-year-old son. At least not without telling your date beforehand.
  • starbucksbuzz
    starbucksbuzz Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    '"

what the heck? whats wrong with her? I would have thought that was awesome!

Yeah I don't get how thats a turn off.

Say "I love you" (thinking how i met your mother here...)
  • legmotor
    legmotor Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Don't ever spend the whole night talking with a lisp and don't end the night with a fist bump. Those two things are guaranteed second date killers.
  • kennethmgreen
    kennethmgreen Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    Uncontrollable sobbing because I can't make up my mind what appetizer to order.
  • lor007
    lor007 Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    I have only been on one first date, it was alright.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Don't vomit at the table. This never happened. I just think it is good advice.
  • Jeff92se
    Jeff92se Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options
    Save the prison time stories until the 2nd date
  • krissagirl0709
    krissagirl0709 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Save the prison time stories until the 2nd date

Haha I love this..such a turn off..

or I thought of one that I shouldve been smart enough to stay away but telling me how he "borrowed a car and was accused of stealing it" but he came to town with no car! Few monthes later the verbal abuse starts, cops are called and he is arrested...ugh!
  • krissagirl0709
    krissagirl0709 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    So my moms listening to the radio and they were going to list the 5 biggest things not to do on a first date. And the first thing she says is "have sex"...im like mom I dont think thats going to be the turn off for that specific couple to make them NOT want to see each other again, and she is like yes it is. Lol, I would say a first date is to soon for that stuff but its not something that will absolutely mean hey I dont want to see you again since it is something they both would have done mutual.

So my question is what is the biggest thing that you have experienced on a "first date" that you would never want to experience again.

I cant think of any but I didnt really have many chances to date since I had a few boyfriends but they really changed my life not always a good thing, but just so I didnt have enough time to date or it wouldnt have been the right timing.

LOL - i dont know since i had sex the first night we went out - and here we are, married six years later :)

awesome story!
  • LoveleeB
    LoveleeB Posts: 560 Member
    Options

True story. Good advice for things other than just a first date.
  • PegasusDeb
    PegasusDeb Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Tell them you love them! I didn't even actully DATE this guy yet. We were IM'ing & a couple phone calles, trying to plan a date (which he kept wanting me to make the 90 minute drive to HIM) He blurted that out & I said, "dude, you don't even know me!" LOL What an idiot. Needless to say, it didn't last long. I had to decline a concert & then he stopped talking to me! Then several months later he IM'ed me giving me this big spiel about all the drama he's had. My response, "Wow. That's crazy." 'Nuff said.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options

True story. Good advice for things other than just a first date.

Yes. It's how I try to live my life.
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    Eat tacos.

Seriously, you cannot eat tacos in a ladylike way.