Are there foods that you DON'T log???

Options
1235»

Replies

• Oishii
    Oishii Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    I don't log calorie-free things or the communion bread and wine. Otherwise, I try to log everything. I do sometimes have to log something I forgot about though, so there may be things I forgot and never remember.

I'm on a break from logging right now as I was getting a bit too neurotic about it.
  • asyouseefit
    asyouseefit Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    I don't log sugarfree drinks, condiments, herbs, bouillon cubes, gum and sugarfree candy.
  • rubixcyoob
    Options
    I don't log water or the one/two cups of tea I have in a day anymore, since I know they're either 11kcal or 1 kcal depending - so no point, especially as I normally have 200+spare kcals at the end of the day.

Also, if I have one crisp out a pack my sister is eating I won't even bother trying to work that out as the maths is too complicated.

Basically, if I have a tiny thing with not much kcal and I have A LOT left over, I don't bother as I know I'm still under everything.
  • lrd2010
    lrd2010 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I don't log the milk that I put in my tea/coffee, cause it's the only real calcium hit I get in a day and I don't want to restrict myself on it really.

I overestimate the sugar to make up for it a bit :)
  • neenaj33
    neenaj33 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    sugarfree gum
  • erinrose07
    Options
    i don't log things that have no cals or veggies that i cook with. If i'm just using olive oil or butter to saute something i don't add that either

word, me too. I also don't log pill form medications or water. I know I drink well over 100 oz. a day so what's the point.

I kind of feel stupid logging raw veggies. If I saute them in oil, I log the oil, but the veggies themselves are usually mainly water and protein. I've started logging them lately because my friend on MFP were "tisk, tisk-ing" me, lol. I also drink well over 100oz--high five fellow guzzler!
  • TheAncientMariner
    TheAncientMariner Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    I don't log viatamins or sugar free gum. The calories are negligible so it won't make or break my daily total either way.
  • erinrose07
    Options
    Does anyone else on here think that people are way too judgmental of what others do and very quick to boast about what they themselves log in comparison to other members? I think the point of the thread is to just see what others log/don't log as a point of reference....not to nit pick others habits or make anyone feel bad about their way of doing things. Not necessary folks, :)
  • frugalbecca
    frugalbecca Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I log everything. It helps me to see what I am eating and how to possibly change it for next time!
  • CashierCantin
    CashierCantin Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I log every. single. thing that goes in my mouth whether it be gum or the oil I cook with or the ICBINB spray. It also helps me remember certain meals if I am looking to see how I made something in the past.

I have people who look at my food diary and I want to be truthful. Not being truthful got me in this predictament in the first place (if I don't write it down, it didn't happen sort of thing)
  • Wawa1223
    Options
    IF YOU BITE IT; WRITE IT. Be true to thyself.
  • emergencytennis
    emergencytennis Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    Everything except water. And unicorn.
  • castadiva
    castadiva Posts: 2,016 Member
    Options
    I don't log water, sparkling or otherwise, and if I'm cooking with herbs and spices I only occasionally log those - they're too fiddly and I can't be specific about the amount in general. If I'm making something that has a lot of herbs and spices I will add a guesstimate amount of 'mixed herbs' or 'mixed spices' - it's never come up as much more than 15 calories, and sometimes less, so I don't worry about it particularly. I also guesstimate cooking fats, as it's difficult again to be specific - if you put 1tbsp of olive oil or 10g of butter into the pot at the start of the recipe, how does that work out per portion!? Life's too short! Everything else goes in, pretty much - I can't think of anything else I habitually don't log. Maybe if I have 1 or 2 grapes or berries - not enough to constitute a portion.

Just read further up and read someone saying they don't log vitamins - I have to be honest and say it had never occurred to me to do so! oops!
  • emergencytennis
    Options
    Haha! I do log vitamins, as i track iron and calcium.
  • castadiva
    castadiva Posts: 2,016 Member
    Options
    OK, that makes sense! I take a small raft of anti-cold/flu supplements through the winter months, as if I'm sick, I can't work, and I'd never even thought of logging them. Have to say I doubt that'll change :-)
  • emergencytennis
    Options
    More haha. Only logged iron because I was anaemic during pregnancies and when I joined my iron was under - who knew?!

Logged calcium because lalawhatsitfortyyearolds and I was under - damn, these dudes know their stuff!