Black Team Challenge week 6

Options
Ok so here it is. I want everyone who competes in our challenges to find their heart rate on the chart. We all have been working out at a good clip so this shouldn't be so hard. The challenge is to stay between 50-85% with our heart rate for at least 30 minutes straight 5 days this week. Plus 100 jumping jacks!

I also believe what jillian says on 30 day shred. She has 400 pound men doing jumping jacks anyone can do them.

I believe in every single one of us. We have done so great at this challenge and we all have become very close.

I don't think that this challenge is so difficult but it's the challenge to make yourself work when you don't want to.

Hope everyone doesn't hate me at the end of this.

EDIT: heartrate.jpg

Replies

• Girlmom282109
    Girlmom282109 Posts: 2,643 Member
    Options
    Ok so here it is. I want everyone who competes in our challenges to find their heart rate on the chart. We all have been working out at a good clip so this shouldn't be so hard. The challenge is to stay between 50-85% with our heart rate for at least 30 minutes straight 5 days this week. Plus 100 jumping jacks!

I also believe what jillian says on 30 day shred. She has 400 pound men doing jumping jacks anyone can do them.

I believe in every single one of us. We have done so great at this challenge and we all have become very close.

I don't think that this challenge is so difficult but it's the challenge to make yourself work when you don't want to.

Hope everyone doesn't hate me at the end of this.

EDIT: heartrate.jpg
  • janiebeth
    janiebeth Posts: 2,509 Member
    Options
    I love it Samantha.. Just have to make sure I am near the gym for 5 days as I don't have my own HRM.

Good luck at weigh in everyone.

janie
  • Vanessa414
    Options
    Great challenge!

I'm definitely in. This is actually perfect for me.

Every time I don't wanna work out I'll just tell myself "Sam says I have to" and I will.

:drinker:
  • proudmama0118
    proudmama0118 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    That shouldn't be too hard since I am going to Spin class at least 3 times a week! Although I think that I usually go over where I am supposed to be. Darn high HR!

Ugh, I hate jumping jacks... but we usually have to do them at sqdn PT so I guess I can suck it up and do a few more!
  • Girlmom282109
    Options
    Great challenge!

I'm definitely in. This is actually perfect for me.

Every time I don't wanna work out I'll just tell myself "Sam says I have to" and I will.

:drinker:

THAT'S RIGHT!!!:bigsmile:
  • Tri_Dad
    Tri_Dad Posts: 1,465
    Options
    This is exactly what I needed this week. Thanks Sam. This otta kick me back into gear. Any challenge that quotes jillian is gonna be tough but I am up for it.

GOOOOOOOOOOO TEAM!!!!!!!!!:drinker:
  • Girlmom282109
    Options
    I love it Samantha.. Just have to make sure I am near the gym for 5 days as I don't have my own HRM.

Good luck at weigh in everyone.

janie

I don't have one either but my treadmill has one on it.
  • Girlmom282109
    Options
    This is exactly what I needed this week. Thanks Sam. This otta kick me back into gear. Any challenge that quotes jillian is gonna be tough but I am up for it.

GOOOOOOOOOOO TEAM!!!!!!!!!:drinker:

Well you took my water challenge and I failed at it so I had to come up with something else. Also I am good for this one.
  • loreeb18
    loreeb18 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    This is why I don't offer to do a challenge. I don't want anybody to hate me for a week. :laugh: Just kidding, Sam.

I failed the water challenge so badly. I'll try this one. When I do the elliptical, my heart rate is usually between 130-150. I just don't always work out 5 days a week.
  • Girlmom282109
    Options
    This is why I don't offer to do a challenge. I don't want anybody to hate me for a week. :laugh: Just kidding, Sam.

I failed the water challenge so badly. I'll try this one. When I do the elliptical, my heart rate is usually between 130-150. I just don't always work out 5 days a week.

good then I did something right. we all need a push. If we are working out 3 days a week then 2 more days can't be that bad. right?
  • tresa1234
    tresa1234 Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    Heart rate, will do ... when I'm on track I'm already doing this one. Jumping jacks, nope. I have knee & some other issues and jumping/running are out for me. Sorry.... :frown:
  • nwfamilygal
    Options
    Is that 100 jumping jacks a day?? I don't have a HRM so what then? All I do it walk at this time. I know I get my HR up but no clue. I can't remember how many seconds that you check your pulse to get to the number I need. Is it 10 sec???
  • Nonibug
    Nonibug Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    (Raising my hand in the back of the class:laugh: ) I have a question lol. I also have a knee injury and cant do jumping jacks because of the high impact on the joints. Staying within my HR zone for at least 30 mins 5 days a week wont be a problem because I already do that 6 days a week:happy: BUT...is there a lower impact alternative for those of us that cant do the JJ's?:blushing: Wow! What a challenge Sam!:drinker: Gooooood on us!:drinker:
    ~Roni
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    okay, yeah, but 400 pound men haven't pushed nine watermelons out of their grapefruit sized kegel regions-- if you're getting my imagery, thus forcing them to need a bloomin' diaper when they're doing their jumping jacks.

I'm good on the 5 days, Lord willing, but have to take a pass on the jumping jacks. My dignity simply will not permit it. :wink:
  • janiebeth
    janiebeth Posts: 2,509 Member
    Options
    Actually, as I think of it. I will need to pass on the jumping jacks because of a recent knee injury - I have to wear a brace to do any exercise these days - jumping bouncing are out.

There is a low impact version of jumping jacks, but it doesn't really do much for me.

Can I substitute 100 crunches? I need this and might be able to do - will be a challenge!

janie
  • Anna_Banana
    Anna_Banana Posts: 2,939 Member
    Options
    Jumping jacks, no problem. Heart rate, problem. I don't have a HRM or even a watch with a second hand and all the clocks in the house are digital. I would go buy a cheap stop watch or something, but the town that I'm in everyday doesn't have a store that sells that kind of stuff. But I've been working out hard so I know it's getting up there.
  • Anna_Banana
    Anna_Banana Posts: 2,939 Member
    Options
    okay, yeah, but 400 pound men haven't pushed nine watermelons out of their grapefruit sized kegel regions-- if you're getting my imagery, thus forcing them to need a bloomin' diaper when they're doing their jumping jacks.

I'm good on the 5 days, Lord willing, but have to take a pass on the jumping jacks. My dignity simply will not permit it. :wink:

LOL that's how I feel when I jump on the trampoline
  • Girlmom282109
    Options
    OK so here is the alternative to the jumping jacks. Get in a squat position and do punches for 1 minute. Jillian says this is good if you have lower body injuries.
  • AmandaJ
    AmandaJ Posts: 1,950 Member
    Options
    Okay Sam, good challenge. Jumping Jacks, no problem and I will look for a HRM at Wal-mart or somewhere tomorrow.

I passed the water challenge with flying colors, but being a fish it was no challenge for me. However, this will tell how much my dh knows about drinking water. I told him I had to drink at least half my weight in water so he comes back and tells me I need to drink 1,368 ounces per day! :noway: I am like WHAT and he says 171 lbs divided my 2 = 85.5 * 16 oz (in a pound). That would be 1,368 ounces of water and I am like I would be dead. :laugh:
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    OK so here is the alternative to the jumping jacks. Get in a squat position and do punches for 1 minute. Jillian says this is good if you have lower body injuries.

Yeah, yeah, yeah-- this is good-- great alternative!!

How's this for kooky-- I've been doing tae-bo, turbo-jam 3-4 times a week, 45 minute sessions, right? No worries, no problems, no pain. I WALKED the past two days and my hip is so sore I can't move!!

Old age-- gotta love it.