• Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    DAMN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Up one, down one, up one!!!!!!!!
  • janiebeth
    janiebeth Posts: 2,509 Member
    Options
    OK so here is the alternative to the jumping jacks. Get in a squat position and do punches for 1 minute. Jillian says this is good if you have lower body injuries.

I guess I'll have to bail on this one.. I was diagnosed with Chondromalagia of the Patella (which I think is Latin for "I seriously pi$$ed off my knee" - LOL). :laugh: :laugh:

Per doctors orders, no jumping, running, walking on hard pavement (treadmill OK because of shock absorption), squats, lunges, or kneeling for several weeks still.

On a positive note, I did get 50 crunches in this morning and doing 50 more tonight..

Have a great, active day all..

janie
  • Juliebean_1027
    Juliebean_1027 Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    You're on! Maybe this challenge will help move the scale for me! I already do the elliptical 4 times a week, and walk 5 days a week, but I must not be getting enough cardio in because I haven't been losing. So thanks! I can't wait for this challenge! :drinker:
  • Girlmom282109
    Girlmom282109 Posts: 2,643 Member
    Options
    OK so here is the alternative to the jumping jacks. Get in a squat position and do punches for 1 minute. Jillian says this is good if you have lower body injuries.

I guess I'll have to bail on this one.. I was diagnosed with Chondromalagia of the Patella (which I think is Latin for "I seriously pi$$ed off my knee" - LOL). :laugh: :laugh:

Per doctors orders, no jumping, running, walking on hard pavement (treadmill OK because of shock absorption), squats, lunges, or kneeling for several weeks still.

On a positive note, I did get 50 crunches in this morning and doing 50 more tonight..

janie

ok so this one is not up and down squats you just squat down and do the punches. But if you find that too hard I will allow anyone that has really bad knees like this to sit in a chair at a 90 degree angle (so sit up as straight as possible) and punch as hard as possible.

I'm trying to get your heart rate up in one way or another. :happy:
  • Marla64
    Options

janie

ok so this one is not up and down squats you just squat down and do the punches. But if you find that too hard I will allow anyone that has really bad knees like this to sit in a chair at a 90 degree angle (so sit up as straight as possible) and punch as hard as possible.

Okay, technical question, fearless leader--

Do we count each punch as one-- or, left, right, ONE, left, right, TWO, left, right, THREE?

I did the latter and had to break it up into 5 sets of 20 with only about 20 seconds break in between-- got me pumpin' though-- did my pushups too-- heading to work-- bye all.
  • Girlmom282109
    Options

janie

Okay, technical question, fearless leader--

Do we count each punch as one-- or, left, right, ONE, left, right, TWO, left, right, THREE?

I did the latter and had to break it up into 5 sets of 20 with only about 20 seconds break in between-- got me pumpin' though-- did my pushups too-- heading to work-- bye all.

Do the second one. Have to have some kind of challenge in there right?:laugh: :bigsmile:
  • Marla64
    Options
    Yessum-- will try to go longer tomorrow-- after 20, my thighs were screamin'!!

Have a great day all!!
  • Girlmom282109
    Options
    we have almost everyone.
    nwfamilygal
    owensmommy
    pparker2214
    nancykay
    gmpearse
    hanksmama
    arewethereyet
    is all we are waiting for. Great job everyone we are down almost 30 pounds from last week.

On a funny and eww kind of day hubs tells me a joke this morning it goes a little like this.

A man walks into a sperm bank with a mask and gun tells the receptionist to open the safe "but sir this is a sperm bank."
    the robber says open it open it now or I'll shoot you!
    again sir this is a sperm bank
    OPEN IT NOW he says
    she opens it
    drink one of the cups
    SIR this is a sperm bank
    DRINK IT NOW OR I'LL SHOOT
    she drinks it
    DRINK ANOTHER or I"LL SHOOT
    she drinks it
    NOW DRINK ANOTHER
    she drinks it.
    after the 3rd cup the robber takes off his mask and it's her husband and he says see that wasn't so bad!!!!:noway: :sick: :noway: :sick: :laugh: :bigsmile:
  • proudmama0118
    proudmama0118 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Doh! I was planning on going to Spin today at lunch. Woke up this morning very sore and really really didn't want to go... but I told myself to suck it up and go anyways... so I packed my gym bag up, even running back to get the socks I realized I forgot... only to discover now that I don't have my shoes!!! :sad: I guess my subconcious won this round! I won't be able to workout tonight either because it is league bowling night. :grumble: Oh well, I suppose this just means I have to get off my bum and make it to the Saturday Spin to redeem myself! Hope everyone else has better luck with their workouts today.
  • Marla64
    Options
    we have almost everyone.
    nwfamilygal
    owensmommy
    pparker2214
    nancykay
    gmpearse
    hanksmama
    arewethereyet
    is all we are waiting for. Great job everyone we are down almost 30 pounds from last week.

On a funny and eww kind of day hubs tells me a joke this morning it goes a little like this.

A man walks into a sperm bank with a mask and gun tells the receptionist to open the safe "but sir this is a sperm bank."
    the robber says open it open it now or I'll shoot you!
    again sir this is a sperm bank
    OPEN IT NOW he says
    she opens it
    drink one of the cups
    SIR this is a sperm bank
    DRINK IT NOW OR I'LL SHOOT
    she drinks it
    DRINK ANOTHER or I"LL SHOOT
    she drinks it
    NOW DRINK ANOTHER
    she drinks it.
    after the 3rd cup the robber takes off his mask and it's her husband and he says see that wasn't so bad!!!!:noway: :sick: :noway: :sick: :laugh: :bigsmile:

Blech.:noway:
  • SatelliteCrush80
    SatelliteCrush80 Posts: 3,575 Member
    Options
    I'm so on this challenge...just have to do my jacks at the gym; the people in the apartment below me won't appreciate all that noise. :bigsmile:

So glad I joined up on this team with all of you. Since Jan. 1, I am down nearly 11 pounds...and more importantly, just 4 pounds away from my total weight loss goal of 100 pounds. Your kindness, support, and swift kicks in the rear are much appreciated.

I :heart: you guys!

Shuntae
  • Marla64
    Options
    I'm so on this challenge...just have to do my jacks at the gym; the people in the apartment below me won't appreciate all that noise. :bigsmile:

So glad I joined up on this team with all of you. Since Jan. 1, I am down nearly 11 pounds...and more importantly, just 4 pounds away from my total weight loss goal of 100 pounds. Your kindness, support, and swift kicks in the rear are much appreciated.

I :heart: you guys!

Shuntae

Shuntae-- that is so incredible-- I'm so proud of you-- and so envious!!!!!:devil: :devil:

Fingers crossed for a loss this week. I just lost the whole stinkin' month of January--
  • jimswmn
    jimswmn Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    Wow Sam...Great challenge. Should be able to do this one. I workout 7 days a week, got a HRM and can do jumping jacks.
  • BrandNewLaura
    BrandNewLaura Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    Just found this, and while I am not making any promises (this looks intimidating!) I am going to do my best!
  • nickybr38
    nickybr38 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    :angry:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Ok so here it is. I want everyone who competes in our challenges to find their heart rate on the chart. We all have been working out at a good clip so this shouldn't be so hard. The challenge is to stay between 50-85% with our heart rate for at least 30 minutes straight 5 days this week. Plus 100 jumping jacks!

I also believe what jillian says on 30 day shred. She has 400 pound men doing jumping jacks anyone can do them.

I believe in every single one of us. We have done so great at this challenge and we all have become very close.

I don't think that this challenge is so difficult but it's the challenge to make yourself work when you don't want to.

Hope everyone doesn't hate me at the end of this.

EDIT: heartrate.jpg

Well thank you very much missy!! This is exactly what I need this week!
    I am still
    eating 5 fruits and veggies a week
    drinking 64 oz of water
    and have not looked at the scale all week until this morning
    So the challenges are really good for me!

I will see you next week and hopefully I will have lost a freakin pound of unwanted fat!!:flowerforyou:
  • janiebeth
    janiebeth Posts: 2,509 Member
    Options

Aha, this one I can do. I will try the squat, but if I get sore, I will use a chair..

thanks samantha

janie
  • Girlmom282109
    Options
    Results are up.

So far in 5 weeks we have lost a couple bodies but most of all we have lost a whole me when I first started on this journey!!:laugh: :laugh: 215.85

we have averaged 1.5 pounds per person for 5 weeks.

GREAT JOB!!!
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    :noway: I read 10 jumping jacks....

well I guess I promised already....next time I will read the contract more closely!:laugh:
  • BrandNewLaura
    BrandNewLaura Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    Results are up.

So far in 5 weeks we have lost a couple bodies but most of all we have lost a whole me when I first started on this journey!!:laugh: :laugh: 215.85

we have averaged 1.5 pounds per person for 5 weeks.

GREAT JOB!!!

I will be weighing in tomorrow...here's hoping for a big loss!

(Sam I convinced my grandfather to move the scale out of his bedroom so tomorrow morning I can weigh in in the dining room! Now I just need to make sure that I can get nekkid in there without anyone seeing!)