Black Team Challenge week 6

Options

Replies

• Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    okay-- so that was stupid. So, my 13 year old son has been quite into fitness lately, also. And he's been after me to go down to the weight bench with him and try the 'Rocky' style situps that he began (after watching the Rocky Marathon a week or so ago) where his entire body is suspended off the floor and he crunches up from there.

I tried these last week and barely got off the floor, but still you could see daylight under my back, which was a plus-- I managed 10 of these, such that they were.

So, I go down today-- up one I go, farther than I did last time. "Hey, I did it," I cry and try for two. Up two I go-- "Hey, not bad," I say, "better than last time." Up three I go and POP something pops in my lower right abdomen, down near the bikini line-- no more Rocky crunches for this lame-o. I'm more like Paulie, the lovable, portly sidekick.

I tried just to see how much discomfort I'd be in if I did another one, and the discomfort was great-- but, I can still do regular crunches, for all the good they do me.

So, what? Any thoughts-- did the very last strand of muscle that may have been attached down there after so many joeys in my pouch finally let go? If you could see my belly, you'd know what a scary thought that is!!
  • Tri_Dad
    Tri_Dad Posts: 1,465
    Options
    Hello everyone! Just checking in. Everyone is doing so well! I would comment on each and everyone of you but it is hard to type on my blackberry with big hot dog fingers. So far so good on this challenge. Got plenty of cardio and all my jumping jack in so far. Gonna go hit the treadmill now to continue training for my first 5k this june. Have a great night everyone. Oh yeah. Hey punks I believe you won last weeks challenge. Pm me your address and I will send u that brita pitcher.
  • Marla64
    Options
    Question, oh fearless leader????

Does the 5 weeks of consecutive blah, blah, blah have have to begin the Wednesday that you issued the challenge?? I ran Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday and am heading out soon. May I count Monday and Tuesday towards it, oh wise one? Or must I only count yesterday and today?

(be kind to your young grasshopper, please)
  • Girlmom282109
    Girlmom282109 Posts: 2,643 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! Just checking in. Everyone is doing so well! I would comment on each and everyone of you but it is hard to type on my blackberry with big hot dog fingers. So far so good on this challenge. Got plenty of cardio and all my jumping jack in so far. Gonna go hit the treadmill now to continue training for my first 5k this june. Have a great night everyone. Oh yeah. Hey punks I believe you won last weeks challenge. Pm me your address and I will send u that brita pitcher.

Nonibug won with 6.6 pounds. amelia gave me a number but didn't want to stick with it so she gave me her new one today.

GREAT JOB TO EVERYONE!!!!!
  • Marla64
    Options
    whoops-- nevermind. I see that it says 5 days this week, not 5 straight days-- I got it a little mixed up.

Nite all--
  • proudmama0118
    proudmama0118 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    :happy: Just ordered a Polar F6 from the AAFES website. I am very excited to get it and see what I am really burning in spin class!! I know several people have said they are looking for HRMs, not sure who actually has access to AAFES (military store) but if you do the F6 is $99 plus right now there is a coupon code for 20% off, so I got mine for $79. Plus free shipping and no tax. Just in case anyone else has access and would like to get one.

Well, I am off to bed. Have to be at the gym for squadron PT bright and early tomorrow! :yawn:
  • punka274
    punka274 Posts: 895
    Options
    Morning guys!

Proudmama-Congrats on your new fitness toy...sigh,i just :heart: fitness toys.

Well, I did it...i gave in to my temptation last night and went over 230 calories:grumble: oh well....im getting over it.

Today is a circuit workout... a tough one. Is anyone familar with Cathe Friedrich? Well,im doing a circuit of hers called 'Bootcamp' . Its a definte butt kicker:happy: Its 8 circuit cycles consisting of cardio, weights, and core work...

bbl
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    okay-- so that was stupid. So, my 13 year old son has been quite into fitness lately, also. And he's been after me to go down to the weight bench with him and try the 'Rocky' style situps that he began (after watching the Rocky Marathon a week or so ago) where his entire body is suspended off the floor and he crunches up from there.

I tried these last week and barely got off the floor, but still you could see daylight under my back, which was a plus-- I managed 10 of these, such that they were.

So, I go down today-- up one I go, farther than I did last time. "Hey, I did it," I cry and try for two. Up two I go-- "Hey, not bad," I say, "better than last time." Up three I go and POP something pops in my lower right abdomen, down near the bikini line-- no more Rocky crunches for this lame-o. I'm more like Paulie, the lovable, portly sidekick.

I tried just to see how much discomfort I'd be in if I did another one, and the discomfort was great-- but, I can still do regular crunches, for all the good they do me.

So, what? Any thoughts-- did the very last strand of muscle that may have been attached down there after so many joeys in my pouch finally let go? If you could see my belly, you'd know what a scary thought that is!!

Marla, you crack me up! I hope you put some ice on it. Is is better today?
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    FEB2009.jpg

Does this fur make me look fat?

HOW does this thing make my momma cry???
  • Marla64
    Options

Marla, you crack me up! I hope you put some ice on it. Is is better today?

Yes, although I half expected to stand up out of bed and have my lower belly hit the floor fearing no muscle tone. But, there was no discomfort. I did 30 day Shred last night at 1:00 in the morning-- go me-- and the tummy exercises didn't hurt it at all.

Oh, Mrs. Bohlon??? Okay, so with mucho protection (:blushing: ) I did the jumping jacks on the Shred, then went on and did more per your challenge. However, I split it between the real challenge and the alternative. I did 50 extra jumping jacks when I was done with Shred, and 50 squat/punches.

Have a great day one and all-- hittin' the ground running today-- :heart: :heart:
  • AmandaJ
    AmandaJ Posts: 1,950 Member
    Options
    Good morning my fellow team members! Still feeling crappy with this cold but managing to exercise just as hard as always. Hoping to go for a walk with more running in it today.

Nonibug, wow 6.6 pounds, that is awesome!

Amelia, how did your dh first day on the job go?

Marla, I love your posts, they are so real and down to earth. You make me smile.

Sarah, hurry up and get back!!!

Proudmama, I am thinking of getting a HRM but not sure I want to spend money on it right now. Congratulation on yours and you got a good deal. :smile:

Sam, Andrew, Nicky, Jeannie, and everybody else that I didn't name in my sleep deprived mind, have a wonderful day!
  • nickybr38
    nickybr38 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    OK. I suck. I have to bow out of this challenge (something I'm most heartbroken about..).

I think my body is DETERMINED to fall apart. Although I suspect part of my problems are just from living with mould.

Anyway, the latest thing is these weird heart flutters. They've escalated to such a point I've stopped going to the gym and doing anything even remotely strenuous until I can see my doc and figure out what they are (that's on Tues). I'm sorry but when my heart is fluttering so much I can't sleep it's time to cut back and take it easy until a doc can clear me again.

I'm sure it's nothing but I operate under the better safe then sorry thing!

Haha. But hey we're moving the end of March so NO MORE MOULD! Whoot. It's probably crazy to stay in the mouldy house until then but honestly we don't have anywhere to go and my landlord is my employer so it'd be kind of hard to take them to task without risking my position. BOO.

AH MAN. My life sucks lately. HAHA. NEXT WEEK I'LL HAVE BETTER NEWS I SWEAR. :drinker:
  • jimswmn
    jimswmn Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    nicky, its better to be safe than sorry. Take it easy until you can checked by your doctor. :smile:
  • janiebeth
    janiebeth Posts: 2,509 Member
    Options
    nicky, its better to be safe than sorry. Take it easy until you can checked by your doctor. :smile:

Completely agree - hope all is well, and don't hesitate to get it looked at..

mom
  • Marla64
    Options
    OK. I suck. I have to bow out of this challenge (something I'm most heartbroken about..).

I think my body is DETERMINED to fall apart. Although I suspect part of my problems are just from living with mould.

Anyway, the latest thing is these weird heart flutters. They've escalated to such a point I've stopped going to the gym and doing anything even remotely strenuous until I can see my doc and figure out what they are (that's on Tues). I'm sorry but when my heart is fluttering so much I can't sleep it's time to cut back and take it easy until a doc can clear me again.

I'm sure it's nothing but I operate under the better safe then sorry thing!

Haha. But hey we're moving the end of March so NO MORE MOULD! Whoot. It's probably crazy to stay in the mouldy house until then but honestly we don't have anywhere to go and my landlord is my employer so it'd be kind of hard to take them to task without risking my position. BOO.

AH MAN. My life sucks lately. HAHA. NEXT WEEK I'LL HAVE BETTER NEWS I SWEAR. :drinker:

Sounds like could be mitral valve prolapse, which is what I have-- some funky valve that's misshaped and doesn't control the flow of blood properly as it exits one of them wacky chambers-- I get some weird flutters and palpitations. It gets real kooky after childbirth, lemme tell ya-- I've had some severe tachycardia episodes where the heartrate soared to the 200s-- fun stuff.

Get it checked out-- actually, I need to hit the doctor one of these old days. My diagnosis was years ago, and I haven't had the valves looked at in many moons.
  • nickybr38
    Options
    Sounds like could be mitral valve prolapse, which is what I have-- some funky valve that's misshaped and doesn't control the flow of blood properly as it exits one of them wacky chambers-- I get some weird flutters and palpitations. It gets real kooky after childbirth, lemme tell ya-- I've had some severe tachycardia episodes where the heartrate soared to the 200s-- fun stuff.

Get it checked out-- actually, I need to hit the doctor one of these old days. My diagnosis was years ago, and I haven't had the valves looked at in many moons.

There's nothing they can do about it then? I find after an 'episode' I feel really weak and worn out which makes it hard to function. ): I'd be very unhappy if they couldn't actually do anything about it.
  • Marla64
    Options

There's nothing they can do about it then? I find after an 'episode' I feel really weak and worn out which makes it hard to function. ): I'd be very unhappy if they couldn't actually do anything about it.

Nicky, I've learned to kinda manipulate the episodes when they come. My heart will begin to race, and I've learned what I need to do to get it to chill out. Heck, I can even remember doing it subconsciously even as a first grader on the playground-- go figure.

I'm sure doctors can help you figure it all out. Don't listen to anything I say and fret your pretty little head over it. I've had this since I was a kid, and it comes and goes, flares up sometimes more than others-- and like I said, I've learned how to handle it myself. But, I know there is some help out there if it got out of my control.

You go that doctor, young lady and get some answers.
  • loreeb18
    loreeb18 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    My mom has MVP and she takes a pill everday. The medicine is actually a migraine med but a side effect is it helps MVP. I agree though to check with your doctor.
  • nickybr38
    Options
    You go that doctor, young lady and get some answers.

:ohwell: Yes ma'am. Hee.

It's hard to turn my brain off. I'm an overthinker!
  • Girlmom282109
    Girlmom282109 Posts: 2,643 Member
    Options
    Sorry I have been mia today. Hubs took me on a mini vaca to chattanooga Tn. and I think we are going to move here I absolutely love it here! We walked from our hotel to the aquarium about ten blocks all around the aquarium then back. We ate at this place this morning called Aretha Frenkenstiens OH EM GEE it was so so so so so so so so so GOOD!!! Hubs had this waffle the size of the plate with ice cream and pecans and maple syrup. MMMMMMMMMM!!!! it was delish!!! if you ever visit chattanooga you have to go here. http://www.arethas.com/ tonight is dinner on a choo choo train and tomorrow we are exploring the caverns and lookout mountain. FUN stuff tomorrow night is dinner on the southern belle river boat.

ttfn