What is the rudest thing someone has ever said about your we

Options

Replies

• Bonita_Lynne_58
    Bonita_Lynne_58 Posts: 2,845 Member
    Options
    the worst has been by my husband of 21 years, a few months ago he told me that my weight grosses him out that i let myself get comfortably with are relationship that i shouldn't eat anything but water for 30 days and that i will lose the weight.. i wish it was that easy.

i'd tell him "hey, i found this GREAT diet! i can lose 200 pounds in ONE day. Sign these divorce papers, asshat."
    :D

Oh....I like that idea! I think he deserves to hear that!
  • thepinkpandaprincess
    Options
    "You can't get passed that because your fat."
  • olivetree_
    olivetree_ Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I've been a cheerleader since I was in 7th grade. When I was in grade 9, my friend told my brother and one of his friends that we were going to tryouts (you have to try out every year) that day. He said "You'll do good, but if Hanna goes she'll just break all the mats." It crushed me, because I was always on good terms with him and never thought he would say that.

I've always been tall, and when I was 11 my family went to the Great Wall of China. There are 2 options to climbing up (to a certain point, where everyone eventually walks): cable car or you can walk all the way up. There are 3 options to going back down: cable car, walking down, or sliding down on these little toboggan things. I was 11 so obviously I wanted to slide down. One of the rules for sliding down was that pregnant women couldn't ride it. The man stopped me and pointed at that rule. I was devastated.
  • ammbbbeeeerrrrr
    Options
    "You used to look so pretty when you were small." then they quickly added in a "you still are."
  • jess_blonde
    jess_blonde Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    My teacher has said to my face:

"your thighs and butt are getting bigger/you need to lose weight in your legs and butt."
    "you look like a fat cow."

Has anyone ever been insulted like this...this is why I began dieting.

This is the one issue I have with dance teachers (especially ballet teachers). I took a peek at your profile and based on your current weight I'll assume the pic is you. You are already at the lower end of a normal BMI for your height and your goal weight is a full two points BELOW a healthy weight. I understand that you love dance and I understand the pressures that can place on you but please at least stay in the healthy BMI range, going below might make your teachers happy but it can have nasty and long-term effects for you.

PS for what it's worth, your body is amazing in that picture and you should be proud!
  • quitmakingexcuses
    quitmakingexcuses Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    Once in fifth grade a girl called me "walrus" and that has stuck with me my entire life. I always see myself as the fat little fifth grade walrus.

In seventh grade my "friend" was talking to her boyfriend on the phone and I was playing around and she told him "Oh, Alex is just trying to be a plus-sized playboy model".

I know there were more but those are the two that really stuck with me my whole life.
  • pocketpygmie
    Options
    I was told I was too fat to date.. size 9 by the way!! Funny thing now that I'm a 12 the same guy checks me out when I see him out!

been congratulated on my upcoming baby. never been pregnant. Or You have an awfully pretty face.. too bad.....
  • olivetree_
    olivetree_ Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Oh, another thing! Last year in the winter when I was going to lunch with my friends, the temperature was pretty warm that day imo. It was like -15°C (5°F) which is a pretty good temperature for the middle of winter. Usually it's at least -30 (-22°F) and it's not uncommon to get up to -50 (-58°F).
    Anyway, we were walking to lunch, and they were both complaining about how cold they were. I said, "I'm actually not cold today..." and my best friend replied with, "Well, skinnier people get cold easier" but quickly added (after a short awkward pause) "That's why _____ is cold."
    I wasn't mad or anything, because I know she didn't mean to say that, but it did hurt.
  • Anayalata
    Anayalata Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    High School:
    "He used to be skinny but then he got all fat!" (behind my back while I was right there)
    "Size 32[pants]? Fat-*kitten*" (they all wore 30s 28s)
    "My shadow makes me look skinnier, yours just makes you look fatter."
    "Is it true that fat people can poop easier? I wouldn't know"

Mom:
    "You should start doing some exercise"
    "You're getting pretty fat"

Now my Sister:
    "M-anorexic"

Me:
    "Seriously? I can't win with you people."
  • Dragongrl
    Dragongrl Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    One of my patients asked me when I was going to lose my big belly after I had my first child. I guess she didn't take into consideration that my child weighed 9.1lbs and stretched the hell out of me.

Another one asked when my baby was due AFTER I already had him. That one weighed 10.7 lbs. Some people are just stupid. What else can I say?
  • Dragongrl
    Dragongrl Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    not about my weight, but recently I was sitting in a coffee shop with a friend talking about hair cuts and another acquaintance pipes up "no man would ever be attracted to a girl with hair as short as yours" to me, I was astounded. However, nothing would make me go out with a mysogynistic pr*ck!

I have had a friend say about someone I was interested in "he only likes skinny chicks" to shut me down.

GG

I don't think your friend who told you the guy "only likes skinny chicks" to hurt your feelings. She was probably trying to save you grief from getting/trying to get involved with a total dog.
  • RisyaLifsheTova
    RisyaLifsheTova Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Two things. I had a friend that told me I had a ****able face....

The other thing, I was at work and this little kid told his grandma. I said Hi to this kid and his response was. YOUR FAT!.....no apology from the grandmother or anything. I just wanted to yell at him "YEAH WELL YOUR ADOPTED! and SANTAS NOT REAL!" lol but I didn't
  • jasmineheaven
    Options
    Standing in a hallway minding my business and 4 guys come in front of me and start talking about me. The 3 of them look at me and say Im beautiful then the 4th says,"Ew she's too fat for me!"....Didn't bother me until I found out he was my exes friend lol.
  • smallaffair
    Options
    No one has ever said anything ruder to me than the things I used to say to myself.

Exactly this.
  • Tigermad
    Tigermad Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    One of my male "friends" said after I straightened my hair "it makes you face look fatter!"
  • mlmcquinn
    Options
    My Grandfather:
    There was a community meal at our church and no one else from our family was there, so I walked over to make polite conversation with my grandparents who were new to the church. First thing out of Grandpa's mouth. "Mary, you've really put on some weight." I just stood there trying to think of something to say, stunned. He paused, looked at me (over his paunch!) and said, "Well I guess I don't have room to talk."
    One month later, a carry in at our church and I hadn't had time to fix myself a plate, so I was nibbling from my 4 yr old's food he refused to eat. Grandpa says, "Well Mary, that's why your so heavy."
    That is when I stopped sitting anywhere near my grandparents for meals. And I hate to admit it, but that is what got me angry enough to be motivated to lose the weight I have been carrying sine my fourth child. I'm not telling him that though!
  • mlmcquinn
    Options
    This is Thanksgiving week and I have to confess that I am rather looking forward to a meal with my grandparents and just waiting to hear if he will say anything after I've lost 30 lbs. If he can point it out when it's a negative, will he be honest enough to say something when it should be a positive.
  • voluptas63
    voluptas63 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    My favorite... How far along are you?

Um, rude?
  • negative187
    Options
    I work as a barmaid and some idiot I had to serve thought it would be funny to tell me how he thought my thighs were so big, they looked like they would burst out of my trousers.

When I was younger, my dad always called me "Pugwash". Yes dad, because your daughter looks like a fat, male, cartoon sailor :|
  • mamashatzie
    mamashatzie Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    When I was 10, my mom told me I looked pregnant.