What is the rudest thing someone has ever said about your we

Options

Replies

• Meghan0116
    Meghan0116 Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    A few years ago when I was trying to lose weight, I told my dad that I had started running, and he said "What back and forth from the refrigerator?" And then he laughed. Really nice that I was eating a small ice cream sunday at the time and pushed it away from me. Took everything I had not to burst into tears then. The amazing thing is that I have no idea why my dad would say something like that. He is not that guy.

Great now I am freaking crying and my feelings are hurt all over again. :(
  • Lauren8239
    Lauren8239 Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    Throughout my childhood my nana constantly reminded me how thin and slim my friends were and how I should look like them. She was always giving me books and stuff to try and get me to go on diets, and a couple years ago she gave me a set of scales for Christmas, and said "maybe when you start losing weight i'll get you something better." Also, constant remarks from my brother. Basically that I'm a fat *kitten* who needs to stop eating because we never have any food left by supermarket day. That I'm a useless fat *kitten* who doesn't do anything but cut herself and sit on my *kitten* all day.

Yeah, because I totally sit on my *kitten* all day, even though I work on a farm 5 out of 7 days a week? Yeah, right.

Aw......big hugs to you. Hang in there. :flowerforyou:
  • Meghan0116
    Meghan0116 Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    This was a hard read, it brought up so much anger and hurt. I read every post though.

The first when I was a kid, I slipped on the ice and cracked my head on the ground, my dad said, "If you weren't so fat you wouldn't be so clumsy." I was 11. The other kids and my brother heard it, we were being picked up from school, they never relented. Ironically, the old man fell on the ice the next day and broke his ankle. After that day my mother made it her personal mission to destroy my self esteem. Anytime anyone would tease or call names at school/church/home she would tell me if I didn't want to be teased I should lose weight. Never helped me in any way shape or bloody form, just run her d@%^#%d mouth.

Recently I had a very bad sinus infection and couldn't see my Dr. so I went to a clinic. The nurse came and did the initial part of the exam and then told me, "Sorry, for the delay. We had to call the zoo to borrow their scale." I said something about pulling the wings off of a fly and intimidated her out of the exam room, I wasn't exactly speaking in a calm and reassuring voice. The cops were called, it was nuts. I think she was fired. I told my mother about the incident and she says, "Well as big as you are it's probably true, they probably did have to call the zoo."

I am so so sorry this happened to you. No one should ever be treated like a less than for any reason. You have a great and supportive family in mfp now. :)
  • lizgreenhill
    Options
    being asked when i was due ( i think that happended atleast 3 times in a year) some people find it difficutl to understand how i gained 80lbs in under a year.. :? im really not sure either. and my dad said "i dont mean to sound like an *kitten* but your fat and im afraid domynic ( my son) is going to think that that lifestyle is acceptable" lose some weight before you die.. i know for a fact my son will not be fat hes 5. 4ft tall and 55 lbs doesnt have an ounce of fat on his whole body and his dad has never weighed over 150 lbs and until a year ago i never weighed over 140.
  • AggieLu
    AggieLu Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    "I'd so date you if your fat *kitten* belly wasn't bigger than your boobs." News flash, LOSER, look at me now!

yeah, look at you!! Scott and I are on our way to find this loser now :)

I absolutely adore the two of you!
  • gettingskinnysoon
    Options
    Throughout my childhood my nana constantly reminded me how thin and slim my friends were and how I should look like them. She was always giving me books and stuff to try and get me to go on diets, and a couple years ago she gave me a set of scales for Christmas, and said "maybe when you start losing weight i'll get you something better." Also, constant remarks from my brother. Basically that I'm a fat *kitten* who needs to stop eating because we never have any food left by supermarket day. That I'm a useless fat *kitten* who doesn't do anything but cut herself and sit on my *kitten* all day.

Yeah, because I totally sit on my *kitten* all day, even though I work on a farm 5 out of 7 days a week? Yeah, right.

Aw......big hugs to you. Hang in there. :flowerforyou:

Aw, thank you :):flowerforyou:
  • Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,344 Member
    Options
    My sister that has has 4 kids and is a size 5 once called me a fat B**ch. It was very disrespectful. I forgave her though.

was that before or after you gave her a lovely new shampoo to try full of Nair? haha ............you should have!
  • Brainsurgeon
    Brainsurgeon Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I have to say, I'm shocked and deeply, deeply saddened at the crap some of you have had to listen to. The fact that some people (and many of them seem to be family members), could be so hurtful is just unbelievable.

I haven't had a 'fat' comment said to me but I've said plenty of $hitty things to myself about how I look. These days, I'm treating me like I want my kids to treat themselves. I have a nearly 13 yo daughter, and I'm well aware that she's watching me and taking notice. I want her to grow up confidant and strong, and loving herself.

It's all very good to say some of these people were only trying to motivate you, if they really wanted to motivate you, they'd cook healthier meals and eat them with you. Ask if you'd like to join them for a walk in the evening. Spend time with you, build up your self esteem.

As for the school bullies.....no doubt they felt as ugly on the inside as the words they were spewing at you were. It doesn't excuse it. It was wrong. I just hope you all find peace within yourselves and know that those words don't define you. They never did. You're all brave, wonderful people. Best of luck for all of your journies :flowerforyou:
  • christinad95
    christinad95 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Well, it wasn't said to me but right in front of me. I was heavier then I am now and was standing at the edge of the kitchen when certain individuals told another individual who was way smaller then me to go stand on their scale. Apparently the scale needed new batteries and of course gave a reading of a couple hundred lbs or more and said individual walks out right in front of me and says to them, that's not funny, I wouldn't show my face if I was ***lbs. Then they all laughed as if it was actually funny. I walked away.

insult #2- another individual made a comment after they had lost some weight about some women they had seen and how a long time ago they thought they looked healthy and now they just look sick and how someone should tell them about MFP.

I thought, yup, if someone who is still smaller then me looks sick, then please....tell me......what do you think of me?
  • gettingskinnysoon
    Options
    the worst has been by my husband of 21 years, a few months ago he told me that my weight grosses him out that i let myself get comfortably with are relationship that i shouldn't eat anything but water for 30 days and that i will lose the weight.. i wish it was that easy.

Oh. Wow... I'm so sorry. If it were that easy everyone would be doing it! That's just so hurtful :( *HUGS*
  • LizabethRose
    Options
    I had told a friend that I would lose 30 pounds by my 30th birthday....so when the day came, he said something about it and I said" well I've gained 5 pounds instead of losing 30" and his reply was..."and then some".......
  • Bonita_Lynne_58
    Bonita_Lynne_58 Posts: 2,845 Member
    Options
    "I'd so date you if your fat *kitten* belly wasn't bigger than your boobs." News flash, LOSER, look at me now!

yeah, look at you!! Scott and I are on our way to find this loser now :)

Good! Kick him one for me!
  • christinad95
    christinad95 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    This was a hard read, it brought up so much anger and hurt. I read every post though.

The first when I was a kid, I slipped on the ice and cracked my head on the ground, my dad said, "If you weren't so fat you wouldn't be so clumsy." I was 11. The other kids and my brother heard it, we were being picked up from school, they never relented. Ironically, the old man fell on the ice the next day and broke his ankle. After that day my mother made it her personal mission to destroy my self esteem. Anytime anyone would tease or call names at school/church/home she would tell me if I didn't want to be teased I should lose weight. Never helped me in any way shape or bloody form, just run her d@%^#%d mouth.

Recently I had a very bad sinus infection and couldn't see my Dr. so I went to a clinic. The nurse came and did the initial part of the exam and then told me, "Sorry, for the delay. We had to call the zoo to borrow their scale." I said something about pulling the wings off of a fly and intimidated her out of the exam room, I wasn't exactly speaking in a calm and reassuring voice. The cops were called, it was nuts. I think she was fired. I told my mother about the incident and she says, "Well as big as you are it's probably true, they probably did have to call the zoo."

Holy cow! And I thought mine was hurtful.....yikes. Sorry bud..
  • Bonita_Lynne_58
    Options
    When I first started to lose weight, someone at work had asked me about it and I told them that I had lost 15 pounds. My boss had said he couldn't tell at all and that I still had flabby arms, and that my pants could barely hold my butt in. I was absolutely humilated and went and cried in the parking lot. I'm now down 34 pounds. It may have taken a while to get it all off, but I don't have flabby arms anymore =)

Woo! Your progress is awesome, you should be so proud :)

You should also be proud! 14 k is 30.8lbs. That's alot! You may have a ways to go but you've made a great start!
  • Bonita_Lynne_58
    Options

Aggie,

You got the loser part right! He so doesn't deserve you!
  • rachelmorgan77
    rachelmorgan77 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    When my oldest child was almost a year, we visited my parent's church. A very nice meaning older lady said, "I didn't know you were expecting again" (I wasn't). I was in tears for the rest of the service. And never wore that dress again.
  • CaitlinMyers428
    CaitlinMyers428 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    *My Dad's girlfriends daughter looked at my daughter (around 6 months) and said you're so chubby and looked at me then said you got it from your Mommy.

*My boyfriend's ex said that I've really gained weight since high school.

*My ex told me I need to workout with him after I have the baby and that my belly was so huge you couldn't tell I had boobs. Well, I was 8 months pregnant! Geez.

*My little brother told me I'm not fat, just chunky. I think he knows that hurt me.
  • holyguacamole37
    holyguacamole37 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I had an ex who used to call me "fatty" like he thought it was a funny pet name - both WHILE and AFTER we were going out.
  • Daniellerex
    Options
    UGH! we were going to float the river (Guadalupe) , and went to walmart to get a few things, i was in the self checkout by my self and this guy and girl walk up and he says how far are you? i said wat? wat are you talkin about? he said wat about 5 months? i said UGHHH F YOU *kitten*!!!
    then went and cried ughh
  • TXBelle1174
    TXBelle1174 Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend in high school was skinny and I was kinda thick but definitely not fat.. way too curvy for a 15 year old. He thought it was cute that he referred to us as Kermit and Miss Piggy.

I was 20 and had it so bad for a really hot guy I was dating. Once again, I was curvy and thick.. I played sports, had ZERO cellulite but I did have a little cushion on the tush and I was big chested.... We had just had the most amazing night together EVER and he tells me that I am so hot and so fun to be with and it would all be so much better if I would drop about 20 lbs.

My daughter (she's five) who of course didnt mean to make me feel bad told me that I looked like I still had a baby in my belly. My son was over a year old at the time. She told me "Its ok that you're fat mama, I still love you".

I used to get picked on and called all sorts of names when I was in grade school... ironically the girl that did 90% of the name calling probably outweighed me by a good 30lbs or so.

People can be so mean and these stories on here are so awful.