What is the rudest thing someone has ever said about your we

Options
My teacher has said to my face:

"your thighs and butt are getting bigger/you need to lose weight in your legs and butt."
"you look like a fat cow."

Has anyone ever been insulted like this...this is why I began dieting.

Replies

• SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    my ex grabbing my stomach saying "i thought you were working out"
  • PeaceLuvVeggies
    PeaceLuvVeggies Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I was called Miss Piggy all throughout middle school. In reference to my nose AND my weight.
  • thor1god1of1awesome
    Options
    Lol I don't know where to start guess a girl in school once told me "why would I date a fat *kitten* like you just looking at you makes me wanna puke
  • ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    My brother-in-law noticed I had put on some weight since starting college. (Which, I might add, was a GOOD thing since I started out underweight at the time.) It was Thanksgiving, and all through the evening he kept mentioning how fat my thighs were, how I shouldn't be wearing those shorts, etc. When dinner was served and I passed on the salad because I couldn't eat raw veggies at the time, he said, "Maybe you should eat some more of that salad and you wouldn't have this problem."

That was the first time I ever cussed in front of my mom. It was the F word. I felt bad for talking like that in front of my mom, but it had to be said. Loudly. :laugh:

Then after I had my first child, I had lost all the baby weight and then some and was struggling to keep on weight. A "friend" told me that I looked like a skeleton. I didn't. We're no longer friends.
  • Beezil
    Beezil Posts: 1,677 Member
    Options
    I've actually never had people say rude things when I was big - more after I lost weight. :( My neighbor told me my boobs were too small...
  • inthebetween
    Options
    Never had anything like the above said to me, but my dad said something like "So you're finally doing something" when he found out I had started running.
    He honestly thought that was the best way to show his support, though, and I must say it stings a lot less now.
  • danleamons
    danleamons Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I had a coworker tell me not long ago... "Well Big Dan, I guess you done said F@#$ your diet, huh?"
  • surfrgrl1
    surfrgrl1 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    The "ex" saying I was a full dressed Harley, with saddlebags. (I was 5' 5" and at most 130 pounds, ---- don't think so!)
  • iHEARTcardiacnurses
    Options
    A few weeks ago I was at a bar and some rude, drunk Army guy was making comments while I was talking to a friend. Specifically, he said "Your fat *kitten* is blocking the exit. You're a fat f*ckin fire hazard, Shamu."

Needless to say, he was singing a different tune when I introduced my mug of beer into his crotch with more force than I've ever manage to muster before or after that situation while he was in the fetal position on the floor.
  • sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    I've had a few, but the worst were all dance related:

Dance company teacher, freshman year of high school-
    She stopped us in the middle of dancing and said "Stephanie, suck in your stomach."

Dance company member, freshman year of high school-
    "At least I don't look like I'm going to have children."

Dance team, sophomore year of high school-
    "At least I don't look fat in the leotard like you."

My sister, sometime in high school when I took an extra donut hole-
    "No wonder you're so fat."

People are cruel.
  • mandag9008
    mandag9008 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    i think the rudest thing ever said had to come from my husband when he said i was cute but not sexy, and that insttead of real food we needed to invest in slim fast. i was 170 at the time. not to mentiion im stacked uptop. it hurt so bad that i actually stressed out an gained ten lbs.
  • MsQt
    MsQt Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    I met with a friend to show him the new me and he said that I needed to stop losing weight because my head was getting big :grumble:
  • NiciS72
    NiciS72 Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    Getting congratulated on my pregnancy when I wasn't pregnant, had just gained weight from Steroids. I went home and cried to my husband. I never found out who told the lady (who by the way was our nicest sales person EVER) that I was pregnant. I wanted to know, but knew if I did find out I'd be taken away in cuffs as I would have decked them!
  • MindyBlack
    MindyBlack Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    I was 12 and my mom was fitting me for dress she was sewing. She saw stretch marks on my breasts and said I had them because I was so damn fat. I was 5'3.5" same height I am now and weighed 120 lbs. I wore a "C" cup by 5th grade so no wonder I had stretch marks.That still makes me cry. My mom and I are not best friends.
  • dancer4275
    Options
    Oh. I forgot one. There was an anorexic girl in my class and she stood next to me at barre. My teacher said, "you shouldn't be standing next to her." and went on to say "you should look more like her."

one more....

"your like a giant."
  • leynak
    leynak Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    My grandfather used to say things like "Leyna, doesn't care about her weight." while I was eating- it didn't even have to be bad for you food. Once I was eating a cinnamon roll & he turned to my sister & goes "Looks like your sister is going to have to do a few laps around the park." We lived near a park with a mile & half track around it.

I wasn't even *that* big I was 5'6" & 145-150lbs. It really made me feel like crap but didn't make me want to stop eating.
  • Fighting4Healthy
    Fighting4Healthy Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    "You have a pretty face, you could be model material if you lost weight"--- my mother and a talent agent when I was 15
    "Fat Cow!"---- Some girl in high school
    "your eating cake? You're such a fat *kitten*"--- My ex and daughters sperm donor
    "I don't want to be fat like mom"--- My 6year old daughter talking to her dad (step) when she thought i couldn't hear
    there are plenty more but writing it all will depress me
    "
  • babyworms
    babyworms Posts: 1,304 Member
    Options
    One of the women i worked with once said
    "Hosanna, you've gained so much weight! You were looking so good before, but you've put it back on!"

I try and convince myself that such comments may be appropriate in this woman's particular culture (she was not from Australia), but at the same time i struggled to comprehend how those comments could be appropriate for ANYONE!

Also, i'm a nurse and work with a lot of elderly people with dementia... they have a way of saying things that are not appropriate, but you can't hold it against them, considering it's usually not the sort of thing they would say were they of sound mind... It still hurts though.
  • gashinshotan
    gashinshotan Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    "Those look like size 34 pants" - I was wearing 30
    "Isn't that suit too tight on you"
    "I'm not as fat as him"
  • inthebetween
    Options
    conversely though, guys...how great is it to have someone point out that you've lost weight?