What is the rudest thing someone has ever said about your we

Options

Replies

• jadedm
    jadedm Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Hmm... One day I came home from school and I started washing dishes.. My dad comes home from work and sits and stares at me.. He chuckled then he said .." They gonna have to make a special made casket for you when you die... Gonna have to lift you out the house with a crane...." Forreal Pops.. You say that to your little girl? I'm 25 and STILL can't let it go..
  • kennethmgreen
    kennethmgreen Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    I was worried the last word was "weiner" in the truncated subject title and had already started tearing up before reading the responses.
  • mcdonl
    mcdonl Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    My teacher has said to my face:

"your thighs and butt are getting bigger/you need to lose weight in your legs and butt."
    "you look like a fat cow."

Has anyone ever been insulted like this...this is why I began dieting.

Not and maintained the ability to chew solid foods. The biggest insult I could have would to be called skinny.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    I was worried the last word was "weiner" in the truncated subject title and had already started tearing up before reading the responses.

People have been unkind to yours? That's sad.
  • pain_is_weakness
    pain_is_weakness Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    People always tell me, you WOULD be so pretty/beautiful if you could just get your weight under control

that always hurts but I know what they mean, my face is pretty and personality so i never say anything

Once I dated a guy who flat out said "you are lucky I asked you out because I don't like fat girls but there was something about you that was different"

oh yeah, real lucky there, lol
  • Temporalia
    Temporalia Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    I went to my mom's church (the church I grew up in) a few months ago and one of the elders of the church (who happened to be my old Sunday school teacher) asked if I was having a boy or a girl and put her hand on my stomach..

I know she didn't know and meant well, but it was disheartening.

I was humiliated but laughed it off. Secretly I wanted to cry though.

I know how you feel, I always react that way except if they're rude, then I say: i'm just fat!
  • teagin2002
    teagin2002 Posts: 1,901 Member
    Options
    When I was in middle school I went to an all girl school. The school uniform was a gray skirt and a white Shirt. I liked to run and move around so I opted for a wide skirt instead of the stylish pencil.
    I walked in to art class a few min late with a water bottle in my side pocket and something else big in the other. She mocked me in front of the whole class saying " class look at this sight; she is already large, wears a big skirt and has a bottle in her pocket, how fat are you trying to be? is this how you want to look, it's terrible" At that time I was bigger than others, but not fat.
    Anyway after graduating and leaving I returned to say hello to my old teacher, the ones who inspired me. I went to see her and she was huge and I mean bigger than I was at my largest. I asked her if she remembered me she said no. I left it at that, but isn't that ironic she was mocking us kids just for not dressing stylishly and looking like we were fat, then she became very fat.
  • wildcard29
    wildcard29 Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    My mother constantly reminded me my entire life I was built like my father's larger and heavier side of the family instead of her thin petite side of the family and I needed to watch what went into my mouth. Yep I always was made to feel guilty bout what I ate:(
  • eddie8131
    eddie8131 Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    My wife told me I was disgusting when I was naked recently. (I can't believe I just shared that but there it is lol).
  • GretchenReine
    GretchenReine Posts: 1,427 Member
    Options
    Ahhhh I forgot one. I was teaching Sunday school years ago and one of the little girls in my class was just the sweetest, snuggliest little things...adorable as can be...and she always wanted to be held or sit on your lap. One Sunday she asked me why I didn't have a lap. I just went on with the lesson and cried for hours when I got home!
  • GretchenReine
    GretchenReine Posts: 1,427 Member
    Options
    My wife told me I was disgusting when I was naked recently. (I can't believe I just shared that but there it is lol).

I'd kind of like to smack her for you if you don't mind!!!
  • teagin2002
    teagin2002 Posts: 1,901 Member
    Options
    wow I am sure it was meant to be constructive criticism. When I asked my husband to help me loose weight some time ago, he started doing that stuff too. I sat with him to understand where it was coming from, he said he was trying to motivate me to loose weight. I explained to him that it just hurt my feelings and to please not talk to me like that any more. It really was all he knew.

See if you can benefit from my experience..
    :flowerforyou:
  • eddie8131
    Options

I'd kind of like to smack her for you if you don't mind!!!

I will give you our address and when you are done make dinner for you. HAA HAA. Not really but thanks for the offer.
  • eddie8131
    Options
    wow I am sure it meant to be constructive criticism. When I asked my husband to help me loose weight some time ago, he started doing that stuff too. I sat with him to understand where it was coming from, he said he was trying to motivate me to loose weight. I explained to him that it just hurts my feelings and to please not talk to me like that any more. I really was all he knew.

See if you can benefit from my experience..
    :flowerforyou:

I'm not sure if you were responding to what I posted about my wife. But if so I can assure you, she meant that the way it came out. No constructiveness there what-so-ever....no trying to motivate me or whatever. Lots of pain surrounding this issue as you might imagine.
  • Bonita_Lynne_58
    Bonita_Lynne_58 Posts: 2,845 Member
    Options
    A few weeks ago I was at a bar and some rude, drunk Army guy was making comments while I was talking to a friend. Specifically, he said "Your fat *kitten* is blocking the exit. You're a fat f*ckin fire hazard, Shamu."

Needless to say, he was singing a different tune when I introduced my mug of beer into his crotch with more force than I've ever manage to muster before or after that situation while he was in the fetal position on the floor.
    You are my hero!!

Mine too!
  • mcintyrekn
    mcintyrekn Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I once had a guy tell me that I would never be gorgeous because I was just too fat.

My Dad used to call me a f*** fat *kitten* whenever he was angry at me.

My ex used to tell me that he would never love me because I'm too fat. Or that i would never be good enough for him because I was too fat and ugly and that I was disgusting.

Sadly, I am not over any of those and I don't know if I ever will be. They hurt more than I can describe. I still cry about them at times.
  • _Timmeh_
    _Timmeh_ Posts: 2,096 Member
    Options
    My friend, used to be my best friend, known him for 27 or 28 years came to help me do some yardwork.
    I was grateful he came over cause I needed the help, but the whole time he kept making rude little comments.
    The one that was the final straw we were filling this trash can with leaves and it was getting full. He says why don't you jump in and with your weight should be able to smash those leaves down real good and give it more room.
    I had put up with his comments before because he was the sarcastic jack*kitten* friend but I was done.
  • fatty2fit88
    fatty2fit88 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    when my momma said I looked like a baby elephant lol

oh and my friend who lost weight wanted to donate her fat clothes to me when I gained weight!! lol...now I wear a size 8 (US 6) and she wears a size 12 booooYA!
  • ClarkMer
    ClarkMer Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I cannot remember any direct quotes, but I have been insulted for my size my whole life. I was always the chubby kid in elementary school and we didn't have money to buy name brand clothes, so I was the poor chubby kid wearing kmart clothes. It was hurtful, but in the end it made me stronger. I am still overweight but taking the steps to fix that, and one thing that I have that the people that always picked on me dont have is a happy marriage and a beautiful family.
  • Sh1tsRainbows
    Sh1tsRainbows Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options

Thanks Ken for making this thread a bit less depressing!!! :laugh: