Shakeology?!?

Options

Replies

• Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    After a year of being on Shakeology and being very happy with the results, I decided maybe I should out and check out some of this other stuff that was being mentioned. It's not that I haven't tried some it before, but I never saw the same results I have with Shakeology, so I thought maybe I had the wrong combination.

Anyway, I was looking to buy each of those products you mentioned above to get what is supposedly comparably to Shakeology and I was amazed to find that I would be spending THE SAME, if not MORE MONEY using that combination than I am with Shakeology. And yes, I did take into account 30 day supplies of everything. For the pain in the butt of finding and ordering all those different products, and, in some cases taking multiple pills multiple times a day, you just solidified in my mind that Shakeology is WAY WORTH IT! Thank you :) I was almost beginning to have some doubts!

you obviously didn't factor in the superior ingredients in the products i had listed (and price per serving came just a tad under the $4 per serving of shakeology assuming you full dosed ortho-core and well under shakeolgy if you instead chose life force over ortho core). And take a look at any quality multi and they are all mult pills.

if you wanted a comparable product with comparable ingredients to shakeology

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/nw/al.html ($.50/serving)
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/opt/whey.html ($.66/serving)
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,699 Member
    Options
    After a year of being on Shakeology and being very happy with the results, I decided maybe I should out and check out some of this other stuff that was being mentioned. It's not that I haven't tried some it before, but I never saw the same results I have with Shakeology, so I thought maybe I had the wrong combination.

Anyway, I was looking to buy each of those products you mentioned above to get what is supposedly comparably to Shakeology and I was amazed to find that I would be spending THE SAME, if not MORE MONEY using that combination than I am with Shakeology. And yes, I did take into account 30 day supplies of everything. For the pain in the butt of finding and ordering all those different products, and, in some cases taking multiple pills multiple times a day, you just solidified in my mind that Shakeology is WAY WORTH IT! Thank you :) I was almost beginning to have some doubts!
    Probably won't change your mind, and I've never said that as a product shakeology wasn't effective. I still know that you can get comparable products from merchants who provide very high quality products without spending $3-$4 a shake though.

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • robbie321
    Options
    Hmmm well I like it! :)

Probably won't change your mind, and I've never said that as a product shakeology wasn't effective. I still know that you can get comparable products from merchants who provide very high quality products without spending $3-$4 a shake though.

IDEA Fitness member
  • robbie321
    Options
    This seems to be true :)

Actually I could respond to most of those questions, but it's obvious it was just thrown up there to make someone sound really smart and cool and like the people that take the product don't know what they're taking. Most of it bears no relevance on the "normal" consumer. And where does half of it even come from? Are you a scientist? A manufacturing expert? Or do you just spend an awful lot of time on google and really enjoy harassing people that use and believe in the product?

so "normal" consumers shouldn't care about the quality of ingredients at all? Or maybe they would like to know if they are getting their money's worth

No...you do love to twist things, don't you..."normal people" don't know what NSF Certification Guideline 306 is or GMP requirements in NSF/ANSI blahblahblah....

Nor does that particular information have relevance to them and the usefulness of the product. When you go into GNC and buy a supplement, do you ask them that too?? When you go into a grocery store do you do the same?

Normal people don't know the difference between niancin vs inositol hexanicotinate, nor would they ask the question. I know that IH is 80% niacin and 20% inositol, but do studies reveal a substantial difference in results? No. Do most vitamins and supplements other than Shakeology use IH instead? No.

Normal people don't care about alpha and beta carotene because they aren't well versed in it - and the fact that alpha carotene is one of the most abundant carotenoids in the N.A. diet may be the reason they don't feel the need to add more...

Or maybe the question of the copper ratio. Again, most people haven't researched that, nor do they care. The reason BB doesn't put more into Shakeology is because of the risk of copper toxicity. It is not meant to replace an entire diet, just supplement it and people get copper from other sources, like cereal. 7.5:1 vs 10:1 is still pretty freaking awesome...

On prop blends, practically every supplement manufacturer out there has prop blends. I have used pre-workout forumulas that won't even tell me the amount of creatine they put in it...industry standard....

Do I really need to go on to show that you just like to harass people and make lots of noise and bash a product for no apparent good reason other than it is fun for you to get people riled up...
  • robbie321
    Options
    :)
    You are wasting your time with Acg67. He poses as an expert as a trainer in a gym and makes a number of claims about what beachbody, foodfacts.com, and really everyone else that does not subscribe to his little gym gospel is vomiting all over good people that like and use beachbody products. I have offered to let him talk to dietitians that are also beachbody coach friends of mine (people that are certified), but he would rather just berate others and drive down Shakeology with half truths and outright lies on what is and is not done with these products. Anyone can pose as an expert and I am not one either, but I know people that are and can dispel his crap....but he does not want that, it gets in the way of his little hidden agenda.

If you really want to know the truth, contact me and I will give you the contact information for a real expert...not a blog basher like Acg67. And just to qualify that...just go to his site...follow his blogs and note how much he attacks people that do not go along with the crap he is throwing around...then go to real certified experts.
  • Acg67
    Options

Robbie i responded to the quoted post in length, do you have any comment on that? Or maybe you can tell me why ShakeO is so great in your own words and not just marketing hype?
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options

Robbie i responded to the quoted post in length, do you have any comment on that? Or maybe you can tell me why ShakeO is so great in your own words and not just marketing hype?

tumblr_lmnqzx47h61qcsy1q-1.gif

Asking a lot here Acg!
  • robbie321
    Options
    Oh i have no comment at all..why? for you to bash what ever I say? ... lol im done with silly little arguments :) enjoy your night!

• Acg67
    Options
    Oh i have no comment at all..why? for you to bash what ever I say? ... lol im done with silly little arguments :) enjoy your

Funny how so many beachbody zealots and coaches think it's "bashing" when people challenge their statements and answers.
  • RonSwanson66
    RonSwanson66 Posts: 1,150 Member
    Options

Asking a lot here Acg!

First she needs to figure out how the quote tags work.
  • _Bro
    _Bro Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    meh.
    P90x is okay - I've done the whole program before.
    Shakeology is a bit pricey.

Things I would recommend Fish oil, a cheap multiple vitamin, Green tea, and coffee!
    Do intake more than that -- sure like BCAA which is a bit pricey and can be argued for or against.

Always be willing to challenge your initial conceptions (nutriton/exercise approach) and you'll get further!
    After all - one is an expert only cater they've made mistakes! It's called experience..
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    I never really knew what Shakeology was before this thread. Now I know all I need to.
    Funny how so many beachbody zealots and coaches think it's "bashing" when people challenge their statements and answers.

This. From page one people were getting emotional and personal when someone said they didn't like the program. They admonished that people be respectful. To what? Some meal replacement drink? If the product you're pushing can't take a little criticism there's clearly something you're trying to hide.

Then I read it was a MLM. Scam. Period. Lump it in with Amway and all the rest. Good people being taken advantage of by slick marketing at high prices. There's no such thing as a reputable MLM.
  • jmhunter84
    jmhunter84 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I am a Beachbody Coach but not that active but to get the discount. I like the Shakeology because it is a good supplement for me when I need a snake or I am craving those chocolate milkshakes. It does help with regularity and increasing your energy levels. I think everyone had respectable opinions. It is a little pricey, but you have to do what is best for you overall. Good luck!! :-)
  • StrengthIsBeautiful
    Options
    I never really knew what Shakeology was before this thread. Now I know all I need to.

This. From page one people were getting emotional and personal when someone said they didn't like the program. They admonished that people be respectful. To what? Some meal replacement drink? If the product you're pushing can't take a little criticism there's clearly something you're trying to hide.

Then I read it was a MLM. Scam. Period. Lump it in with Amway and all the rest. Good people being taken advantage of by slick marketing at high prices. There's no such thing as a reputable MLM.

Right. Just hand over your money, ask no questions, praise the product and no one gets hurt!
  • poisongirl6485
    poisongirl6485 Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    For as much as Shakeology costs, I think people would have to be pretty dumb to just blindly follow the 'coaches' advice (aka Sales Pitch) without questioning why it's so costly and what makes it better than other alternatives.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,699 Member
    Options
    For as much as Shakeology costs, I think people would have to be pretty dumb to just blindly follow the 'coaches' advice (aka Sales Pitch) without questioning why it's so costly and what makes it better than other alternatives.
    The answers are standard. It's "natural" (some processing had to be done so it ain't natural), has some "exotic" add-ins, is "healthy" (not really any healthier than other shakes), and it's endorsed by Beach Body (who do have good workout programs). For some that's all need to hear. Some people qualify a higher price as better quality. And like most MLM's they are sold by people to other people they usually know. Most people don't think their friends would scam them.

IDEA Fitness member
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options

One reason I use chocolate Shakeology is because I simply prefer the taste of it over many protein powders available. (Price does NOT make a difference for me and will not make me not buy it, btw). Can you comment on how these products taste compared to other protein powders? If I tried it, I would most likely get something that I can just exchange the chocolate Shakeology for. I noticed that the multi tastes like citrus unless I get a pill...which I don't want to do since i have difficulty taking pills. I suppose I could add flax seed to the protein and some PB to make it taste similar to the Shakeology and then take the citrus multi like a glass of flavored water?

Anyway...most protein powders I have tried taste so chalky. What's this one honestly like? And what's the citrus taste like for the multi?
  • Acg67
    Options

One reason I use chocolate Shakeology is because I simply prefer the taste of it over many protein powders available. (Price does NOT make a difference for me and will not make me not buy it, btw). Can you comment on how these products taste compared to other protein powders? If I tried it, I would most likely get something that I can just exchange the chocolate Shakeology for. I noticed that the multi tastes like citrus unless I get a pill...which I don't want to do since i have difficulty taking pills. I suppose I could add flax seed to the protein and some PB to make it taste similar to the Shakeology and then take the citrus multi like a glass of flavored water?

Anyway...most protein powders I have tried taste so chalky. What's this one honestly like? And what's the citrus taste like for the multi?

personally i wouldn't use that multi as i don't like the profile of it (inferior forms of vits and minerals), but when compared to ShakeO it is pretty damn close to it. As for the taste of Optimum i know a ton of people love them and swear by them but i prefer Myofusion, Trutein and XF Ultra peptide 2.0, all which taste awesome just mixed in water
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    The answers are standard. It's "natural" (some processing had to be done so it ain't natural), has some "exotic" add-ins, is "healthy" (not really any healthier than other shakes), and it's endorsed by Beach Body (who do have good workout programs). For some that's all need to hear. Some people qualify a higher price as better quality. And like most MLM's they are sold by people to other people they usually know. Most people don't think their friends would scam them.

IDEA Fitness member

I can't speak for everyone obviously, but I simply prefer the taste as noted above over protein powders. Cost doesn't make much difference to me cause I can easily afford it, so even though I would like to pay less, I don't mind paying the price since it is easy to fit in my budget. Also, those answers that you stated are none that I have ever given. I have simply been more "regular" and less bloated since adding it to my diet (not even sure why since it doesn't have much fiber, but hey, it works for me), I don't crave sweets nearly as much while taking it, and it has helped to reduce my cholesterol levels. I get them checked once a year and I have honestly seen a drastic reduction in cholesterol after using it. So, I guess the generic answer would be "it's healthy" but since my lab work has been better at the doctor for many different things, I have specific reasons to believe that is is healthy. I changed my diet and exercise back in 2007 and have been eating that way since...so I have seen changes the whole time, but the biggest change happened in 2009 when I started with Shakeology (I used to use just a protein powder and multi, btw) and I took them out in exchange for Shakeology. My cholesterol had been going down about 10-15 points each year, and then that year it went down a little more than 30 points. That was the ONLY change in my diet.

I also believe that most people who use Shakeology are probably just afraid of threads like this simply because there are some that go around saying what we use is "crap" and a "waste of money" without telling us why. So, the generic answers come from both sides. I listen to both sides and learn from both sides...and prefer to not argue with either. :flowerforyou:
  • robbie321
    Options
    your right kinda lost there. hee hee no shame.

Asking a lot here Acg!

First she needs to figure out how the quote tags work.