Shakeology?!?

Options

Replies

• gooteek
    gooteek Posts: 64
    Options
    Watch the Dr. OZ episodes if you want some good REAL evidence of what works. He does a good job of looking at all products and researching their value. He has also had many Beachbody/Shakeology interviews you can watch to make some comparisons. I loved when he had Montel Williams on with another product and while not disclaiming the product Montel endorsed, was able to show really good information from varying sources to help you make a decision on the value of Safflower as a weight loss product.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Watch the Dr. OZ episodes if you want some good REAL evidence of what works. He does a good job of looking at all products and researching their value. He has also had many Beachbody/Shakeology interviews you can watch to make some comparisons. I loved when he had Montel Williams on with another product and while not disclaiming the product Montel endorsed, was able to show really good information from varying sources to help you make a decision on the value of Safflower as a weight loss product.

Dr Oz is a good source of information?

main-qimg-853291f28e6279971a6210a77521c6b7
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    It's delicious that's for sure. I wanted it for years but being the deal hunter I am I wouldn’t bring myself to spend $135 (that’s with free shipping too, yikes!) for a 1 month supply when my regular protein power is about $30 for over 2 months so I got it this year for Christmas from my parents.

I only use it 1x a week to savour it. It really is the same as taking a multivitamin but has great marketing. Just like Apple, it's pretty and fun but overpriced for what it does ;)
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,699 Member
    Options
    Really? You trust a celebrity host? I got some land I can sell you if you're that gullible.

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • Whitebrad25
    Options
    Brand new member here, I am very glad I joined. Being a wide-eyed newbie, it was difficult to justify the costs of Shakeology, so I did not. I am still continuing to study up on the product and competitors. I will not buy shakeology. They seem to market it as a replacement for a meal and I do not have that aspiration.

I found out about shakeology though all of the coaches that post "unbiased" videos on youtube and marketed it as a Post workout shake.

I hate reading threads where someone throws a random curveball, however, this thread has been going back and forth, and, at this point, is pretty ridiculous. So please, no shakes or mistakes, what is a POST workout suppliment I can take/should take? I am, admittedly, someone who uses P90X, I run 3 miles a day or every other day, and I lift outside of P90X. My goal is to tone up and gain a little bit of muscle. I also take Jack3d for my pre workout suppliment. I am working on my eating habbits as I have a difficult work schedule that makes eating right somewhat of a challenge (Hence why I began looking at suppliments).

I have looked at products like 100% whey gold standard and Insu-Pro V2. Of those two, which would be better as a Post workout suppliment for me? I would prefer to mix with water, over milk, if the two options above can be stomached with just water.

I am also looking at multivitamins if anyone could point me at some good general use products. A PM will work if you feel the thread will just be further derailed but I felt with some of the ridiculous comments that a real question that serves benefit is worth asking. Thanks for any help and I am enjoying the wealth of information on these forums.
  • spiritwolf13
    spiritwolf13 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I do and I love it. In fact right now I am doing a cleanse. People just assume it is a protein drink it is so much more then that. and in MY OPINION there is no comparrison when it comes to taste . People think it also cost alot but when you break it down it really does not. Since taking it I have more energy, have lost the last few lbs I needed to loose. why am I doing a cleanse then to rid my body of bad toxins. I could go on and on about all the benefits of shakeology. My friend started taking no more migraines ,another friend nomore fibermyalgia the list goes on........
    Whatever you decide or maybe you already have just do the best you can to get the proper nutrients in your body.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    OMG! Who resurrected this thread? Please can I smack you!!
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    The quality control that goes into Shakeology is above and beyond what the industry standards call for.

Industry standards? What industry standards?
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    OMG! Who resurrected this thread? Please can I smack you!!
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    I do and I love it. In fact right now I am doing a cleanse. People just assume it is a protein drink it is so much more then that. and in MY OPINION there is no comparrison when it comes to taste . People think it also cost alot but when you break it down it really does not. Since taking it I have more energy, have lost the last few lbs I needed to loose. why am I doing a cleanse then to rid my body of bad toxins. I could go on and on about all the benefits of shakeology. My friend started taking no more migraines ,another friend nomore fibermyalgia the list goes on........
    Whatever you decide or maybe you already have just do the best you can to get the proper nutrients in your body.

political-pictures-barack-obama-argument-invalid.jpg
  • Dave198lbs
    Options
    I do and I love it. In fact right now I am doing a cleanse. why am I doing a cleanse then to rid my body of bad toxins. I could go on and on about all the benefits of shakeology. My friend started taking no more migraines ,another friend nomore fibermyalgia the list goes on........

oh my...sign me up
  • tbellamy1
    tbellamy1 Posts: 353
    Options
    I use GNC Amp Wheybolic 60 Protein. It has the same ingredients as Shakeology just not the price tag. I got mine from GNC for about $50 and its 53 servings if you only take 1 scoop. I love it! Dont waist your money shakeology cost $100 for a months supply. Thats to much money.....
  • tburchett01
    Options
    I used it while doing Insanity. It didn't get me any results. I do know people who use it everyday and like it though. It probably depends on diet, exercise, and body type. I didn't think it was worth the money. Good luck with whatever you decide. :smile:
  • ashreynolds09
    ashreynolds09 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Overpriced crap.

The only people who are going to tell you it's good are
    a) people who don't know enough about supplements to realize they could save money by purcashing whey protein and a mutlivitamin
    b) people who are beachbody coaches. They make money by selling you the garbage.

See. The two people above me make money when the sell it.

hahahaha yes! this! I can say it b/c I used to be a coach. The price is waay too much for many people.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Since starting Shakeology, I can breathe underwater. I can't fly, yet, but my gliding has improved.
  • Dave198lbs
    Options
    aaaannndd away they go.................................
  • _HeathBar_
    _HeathBar_ Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT6hl3mQJrZ9S6wCv-vxob5aDM49CrhV3xycFoV069LNeBTWQ49OA
  • thatguy010
    thatguy010 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I've used it in the past, taste is alright, price is horrible.
  • ilovedeadlifts
    ilovedeadlifts Posts: 2,923 Member
    Options
    overpriced garbage.

whey protein + greens supplement = less money, better results, not supporting a pyramid scheme company.
  • SwannySez
    SwannySez Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    Since starting Shakeology, I can breathe underwater. I can't fly, yet, but my gliding has improved.

I will possess your heart.