Options
MissGorgeous
MissGorgeous Posts: 394 Member
So
im not sure how much everyone knows about me
but im married with 3 kids
my husband owns a bar and grill
i got married very young and havent had to work
ive in a salon as an esthetician and of course helped around my husbands bar...but its for fun and something to do!

anyways my husband and i seem to be on and off
one min together the next we are divorcing
and its always my fault
he loves me and wants to be with me
and treats me like a total princess
but im the one who wants to see other people
and party and be crazy
but thats because im 19 and he is 32
hes already done that
i love him to death but i cant decide what i want

so i decided to get a job
NOT with him at his bar and grill
because i need space hahaa
i want to have fun and flirt and serve and make tips
and at his bar i dont do that
i just do payroll and manage which is boring

so today i started at a sports bar
as a server kinda thing
its like hooters but country haa
we wear jean mini skirts and cowboy boots and cowboy hats
with these itty bitty tank tops that show ALOT of cleavage

my husband is NOT happy with me
he wants me to work with him
he hates that i now want to show more skin and wear more revealing clothes...he dosent like the fact that i want to go out and party and have fun and hates that i spend 6+ hours at the gym a week
hes just so against the "new" me

so my question is
to respect my husband
should i just quit my new job?
and help at his bar again?

i just cant stay home with all 3kids all the time
i need adult interaction!!

i did try to teach dance at a kids dance studio
but again...MORE KIDS so that didnt work

so whats your advice?????

Replies

• MissGorgeous
    Options
    So
    im not sure how much everyone knows about me
    but im married with 3 kids
    my husband owns a bar and grill
    i got married very young and havent had to work
    ive in a salon as an esthetician and of course helped around my husbands bar...but its for fun and something to do!

anyways my husband and i seem to be on and off
    one min together the next we are divorcing
    and its always my fault
    he loves me and wants to be with me
    and treats me like a total princess
    but im the one who wants to see other people
    and party and be crazy
    but thats because im 19 and he is 32
    hes already done that
    i love him to death but i cant decide what i want

so i decided to get a job
    NOT with him at his bar and grill
    because i need space hahaa
    i want to have fun and flirt and serve and make tips
    and at his bar i dont do that
    i just do payroll and manage which is boring

so today i started at a sports bar
    as a server kinda thing
    its like hooters but country haa
    we wear jean mini skirts and cowboy boots and cowboy hats
    with these itty bitty tank tops that show ALOT of cleavage

my husband is NOT happy with me
    he wants me to work with him
    he hates that i now want to show more skin and wear more revealing clothes...he dosent like the fact that i want to go out and party and have fun and hates that i spend 6+ hours at the gym a week
    hes just so against the "new" me

so my question is
    to respect my husband
    should i just quit my new job?
    and help at his bar again?

i just cant stay home with all 3kids all the time
    i need adult interaction!!

i did try to teach dance at a kids dance studio
    but again...MORE KIDS so that didnt work

so whats your advice?????
  • mgeek40
    Options
    All I can say about your on and off situation is communicate. My wife and I didn't and she ended up finding someone else and walking out on myself and our kids.
  • Wolfena
    Wolfena Posts: 1,570 Member
    Options
    If you want to flirt and date and party with other people.... why did you get married??

Particularly to a man who has 3 kids (assuming they are his since you are only 19) I know the world says age doesn't matter in a relationship, and maybe it doesn't if you're both on the same page of life. BUT his being 32 with children marrying a 19 year old who still wants to party?? I'm kinda wondering "WHAT WAS HE THINKING!" :laugh: (Sorry - I know, stereotypical thinking - I know nothing about your relationship) It's obvious to me that the two of you are not on the same page right now.

Of course he doesn't like it - you're supposed to be his wife! There is nothing wrong with having friends and hobbies of your own, but from what you're writing I'm not sure if that's what you're trying to do. It sounds like a bit more than that is what you want.

Marriage is about communication and compromise on both of your parts AND commitment - somehow that's what you guys will have to do to work through this.

Only you can truly know what the priorities are in your life and whether you want to continue to be married or not as to if you are even willing to compromise and keep your marital promise of commitment.
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    you want to... see other people? Hunny, you're MARRIED. You've commited yourself to one man. Yes, you are young, but that doesn't mean you get to up and go off to see other men. If the marriage was a mistake and you're unhappy in it then maybe you should seek a divorce, or at least some couple's counseling. I'm I'm being totally honest you sound like a high school gilr who's getting a little bored with her first crush.
  • anabellebf
    Options
    Why did you marry him? You need to decide on your priorities... I'm sure he's very afraid that you'll cheat.
  • ohthatbambi
    ohthatbambi Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    you want to... see other people? Hunny, you're MARRIED. You've commited yourself to one man. Yes, you are young, but that doesn't mean you get to up and go off to see other men. If the marriage was a mistake and you're unhappy in it then maybe you should seek a divorce, or at least some couple's counseling. I'm I'm being totally honest you sound like a high school gilr who's getting a little bored with her first crush.

Have to agree here. Probably not what you want to hear, but you are married and part of being married is being faithful.
  • artschoolgirl
    artschoolgirl Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    Tough answers, but....a mom of any amount of kids should not be at a bar wearing close to nothing and interested in flirting with others, this is going to be embarrasing for them or set a bad example....And if your husband isn't wanting you to do it and you're already on the rocks, well, it sounds like you better get rid of the trashy job and work on your marriage. I know that after losing a lot of weight you are feeling better and more confident in yourself and wanting people to tell you that you look great,and your husband and MFP can help you with that. You need to rediscover your marriage and try to have date nights and some alone nights with your hubby....

Keep up your amazing work! You're too beautiful and have accomplished too much to be reduced to mini skirts and cowboy boots.
  • MissGorgeous
    Options
    All I can say about your on and off situation is communicate. My wife and I didn't and she ended up finding someone else and walking out on myself and our kids.

i did that but came back home!
  • KatieEppers
    KatieEppers Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    You definitely sound unhappy and I don't want to sound judgmental. But dalin' you are married to the man and decisions should definitely be made together. And if your motivation is to "flirt" at the new job, marriage doesn't sound like the place for you. However, I am not at all saying that you should immediately seek divorce because I am sick of that word. People don't treat marriage with respect anymore and it SICKENS me. People are more committed to a cell phone plan than a marriage anymore. For better or for worse, means just that. I hope you and your husband can come to some sort of agreement in this area. I hope it works out for you.
  • AmandaJ
    AmandaJ Posts: 1,950 Member
    Options
    It sounds to me like you are bored and don't really know what you want out of life, but you are married. You made a commitment to your husband and his (?) kids. You admit he treats like a princess so it sounds to me like you are one who isn't happy and maybe think you settled down to soon. However, you committed yourself to him, have you considered counseling with him or by yourself.
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    I have to agree with Kerri.
    He is not against the 'new you'...he is undoubtedly proud of your progress and happy you are so healthy. It sounds like he's worried because, like you said, you are 19 and want to party. But you're his wife. He's worried about losing you.

I started dating my current boyfriend when I was 18, and I am now almost 22. I have been in your position--feeling I needed freedom. I never got married, though, and we have recently realized that it's not in our future either. We have different goals. Marriage is a serious commitment that takes a great deal of maturity. Either grow into it now, or you'll have to make the difficult decision as to whether you're ready for marriage or not.
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    Hey Missy,
    If I'm remembering correctly from what you've shared in the past you've got 3 kiddo's of your own, right? So think on how that might be...19 single with 3 children in tow if you ended up deciding to go your own ways. Each relationship we enter has it's ups and down, every single one of them, from a close friendhsip to a work relationship to a couple's relationship...that's simply how it works...we hopefully learn from the tougher times and enjoy and embrace the awesome times. Somedays it's a bit more mundane but think hard on this...to move on with 3 kids and then be on your own, will be far from easy Hon.:ohwell:

I know life is much different for us when we gain back our selfesteem, we want to try out new things, meet new people but ending a marriage is a pretty big deal...it not only effects you and the hub but the kiddo's as well, for the rest of their lives...not just now.

I don't see any problem with a Mom wanting to get out and interact with adults but perhaps a different type of job might work better. He most likely is afraid of all the changes you've made, this happens sometimes when we make huge changes or our partner does... communication is so key!

I wish you nothing but the best Missy!:flowerforyou: :heart:

Just some thoughts.....

FC:heart:
  • MissGorgeous
    Options
    If you want to flirt and date and party with other people.... why did you get married??

Particularly to a man who has 3 kids (assuming they are his since you are only 19) I know the world says age doesn't matter in a relationship, and maybe it doesn't if you're both on the same page of life. BUT his being 32 with children marrying a 19 year old who still wants to party?? I'm kinda wondering "WHAT WAS HE THINKING!" :laugh: (Sorry - I know, stereotypical thinking - I know nothing about your relationship) It's obvious to me that the two of you are not on the same page right now.

Of course he doesn't like it - you're supposed to be his wife! There is nothing wrong with having friends and hobbies of your own, but from what you're writing I'm not sure if that's what you're trying to do. It sounds like a bit more than that is what you want.

Marriage is about communication and compromise on both of your parts AND commitment - somehow that's what you guys will have to do to work through this.

Only you can truly know what the priorities are in your life and whether you want to continue to be married or not as to if you are even willing to compromise and keep your marital promise of commitment.

i didnt marry a man with three kids!
    step and our own also
    (3years.... 15months and 3months)
    (we dnt do the step kid thing the mom isnt around andhasnt been since birth so I AM MOMMY)
    when i got married i was ready to settle down
    so i thought..i didnt party...i didnt go out
    i love him alot but i dont know what i want
    so im struggling
    hes gotten more busy with THREE kids and a bar and grill
    and they just opened another
    which means less time for us
    so i keep telling him i need time and attention too!

he has a right tO be upset
    the person he dated and married a few years ago
    is not who i am today
    but people change and i still love him and our family
    JUST CONFUSED.
    :-(
  • MissGorgeous
    Options

i got married at 17
    we filed for divorce and we changed our mind
    we did counseing and it was lame
    we get along fine
    we talk and laugh and are best friends
    we spend alot of time as a family...well we used to
    but just needs to understand
    spend more time wth me
    ir i will find someone else who will
    and he does great for a few weeks
    and then starts working 80+hours and golfing or snowboarding
    on his ONE day off
  • KatieEppers
    KatieEppers Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Good points FC!

I totally wish the best for you, BeGorgeous! You are beautiful. I checked out your profile and wow, you have made some drastic changes. But I also noticed this little line in there:

"I really hate when ppl make promises they cant keep "

So think long and hard so you are certain you can look yourself in the mirror later in life. I wish you the best.
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    It's not surprising that you went to counseling. There is a generational difference between the two of you. It sounds like you got married so young that you didn't even know whether you'd want to eventually party. You're not even 21 yet--what will happen when you can get into any bar or dance club in town? Getting along in a relationship doesn't mean it's appropriate to be married. Two good people can get along easily but still have a dysfunctional marriage or romantic relationship.
  • nwfamilygal
    Options
    Sounds to me like you need to make a date night with your hubby and stick to it. Always try and make time just for the two of you. :smile: Also I'll tell you one thing it isn't always green on the other side of the fence. :frown:
  • fitchick99
    fitchick99 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    You got married at 17????? That's INSANE!! I have an 18 yr old who'd I'd knock his block off if he even thought about marriage, at that age, you should be in university studying to better yourself, you should be having fun, dating, hanging out with friends, holy crap my kid can't commit to a cat we got him, half the time the darn thing walks around here begging us to change it's litter cause my son "forgets" i'd serious question his judgement on deciding to marry...wow, is all I can say, you've got a lot on your plate, you gotta grow up, you have no choice, you no longer have the priviledge of hanging out like ione of the girls, you made the decision to be a mommy and a wife, and my opinion only, you need to give it 100% before bailing, not enough people commit, the way they should, lord knows there's enough children who don't need to have disfunctional families, don't let it be your kids that have to go through this, you are their mentor, your shaping their little minds and attitude towards marriage and love, and commitment, show them what it means to accept responsibility for actions and choices that you make, it's a great gift to them you'll be giving.....I just feel rally bad that mom and dad can't get their act together, only the kids willl suffer through this one.....my two cents only....i'm a child of divorced parents,,,,and it SUCKED BIG TIME!
  • keiko
    keiko Posts: 2,919 Member
    Options
    I don't think it's because you've changed. You have just become selfish. Quit thinking about poor you and start thinking about your kids. They deserve a mom who wants to raise them. Not one who thinks she needs to party and flirt with other guys.

I know it's hard to be with kids all day. I've been there. I wanted adult interaction so I volunteered at an after hours clinic doing office work. I am sure you can find something. Maybe take some classes so that when your kids go to school you can get a job.

If you want to spend more time with your husband then work with him. He sounds like he is trying to give you and your kids a good life and provide for you. There are alot of guys out there that will flirt with you and take you home for a night. It's harder to find one that is responsible, treats you like a princess and supports you and your kids.
  • MissGorgeous
    Options
    thanks for all the support everyone.

i dont regret my marriage nor children
    i love my family and husband
    but prior to opening the second bar & grill
    we spent his 2 off days together
    he works everyday 4pm to 3am he bartends now
    one off day was date night and other was with the kids
    at seaworld disneyland or the wild animal park
    but he started working more and eventually
    met someone who made time for me
    and i didnt cheat...but ending up telling my husband and left for a few months...im now back and realzed that guy i dated was a jerk!
    my husband told me he was sorry and it was all his fault he wasnt taking care of his responsiblities at home and he knows i need the same time and attention he used to give while dating and first married
    so agreeded to make time for me and be better
    and he did for a bit....but hes working alottttttt again
    im gunna try to talk to him again
    before i ruin my mattiage