Where were you exactly 1yr ago in your journey? I was..

Options
10lbs heavier, Exactly 1yr ago (to do the day) I was weighing in at 132.8 only 2.8lbs away from my goal weight of 130 THAT'S 31.2lbs down from my April 2010 starting weigh of 164. I had decided I wanted to lose a little more and possibly get down to 125 at this time of year last year. I was more in the "toning mode" though, if I lost more great if I didn't that was fine too.

Today, exactly a yr later and about a yr of maintaining, I weighd in at 122. I have remained between 119 and 124 for the last 6moThis last 10lbs was not an intentional loss, just maintenance weight lost! I just turned 25 a couple of weeks ago and am in better shape now then I was at the age of 20!! I will keep this in mind when all of the yummy Thanksgiving and Christmas goodies come around. LOL.:laugh:

HAPPY HOLIDAYS PALS!!

Replies

• davidlbass
    davidlbass Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    One year ago today (give or take a month), I was sitting comfortably in my recliner, munching on some chips and salsa thinking I was in pretty good shape for a 52 year old, 6 foot and 225 lbs (or so I thought), when my wife decided she was going to loose weight. I was thinking "Great, here we go again. It won't last two weeks before she is back on the couch where she belongs. Didn't happen this time. She started walking every evening and finally, in about February, she started nagging me to walk with her because it was dark and she didn't want to walk alone. Got up off my keester and started to walk with her. Didn't realize how far 3 miles was. I was kind of hoping I'd have a heart attack so I could get out of walking and make her feel guilty. Snuck into the bathroom and finally weighed myself shortly there after and found out I was 245. Decided to get serious. I am now down almost 50 lbs and my wife is down 65 lbs. She did her first sprint Triathlon on 9/11/11 and I ran in my first 5K in October. She is looking for her next Tri and I am sidelined for a little while with a knee injury. I can ride and swim but can't run right now. Doctor told me to slow down a little on building up the running miles. I went from walking 3 miles to running 5 miles in about a month. He said the muscles and breathing will increase rapidly but my old bones won't. I need to take it a little slower. I have started to walk a couple miles on it and will slowly start to work up from there.
  • gazerofthestars
    gazerofthestars Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Most probably watching a movie or reading a book. A can of soda by my side and a bunch more in the refrigerator.
    And I weighed 35 lbs more then :laugh:
  • directorj
    directorj Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    One year ago I was on my way down to losing weight but this was the point where I eventually stopped. So from last year today to June of this year I did not work out at all. In that in between timeframe I went up 10lbs :explode: . But now I feel so much better then I did and actually getting closer to my goal
  • cabaray
    cabaray Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    1 year ago, I was probably laying in bed, eating ice cream, watching The Biggest Loser and getting jealous because they "can lose weight". Sad, but true!
  • grimms11208
    grimms11208 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    This was me one year ago! I was so miserable.

Comparison.jpg
  • ratkins811
    ratkins811 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    probably eating some 1200 calorie lunch at my desk as usual. Afraid to go into the break room because others would be appauld by how much I was eating.
  • ratkins811
    ratkins811 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    1 year ago, I was probably laying in bed, eating ice cream, watching The Biggest Loser and getting jealous because they "can lose weight". Sad, but true!

Ditto!! I can really relate to that!!
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    Still telling myself that I was just curvy and didn't need to lose any weight.
  • Tori_356
    Tori_356 Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    a year ago I hadn't taken weight loss as seriously as I am now....I was always up and down >5 lb....staying somewhere around 200. I would diet, for a bit, then stop, and gain it back....now I'm losing and never looking back! Down 23 lbs!
  • leynak
    leynak Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    Probably sitting on the couch(30lbs heavier) watching tv & stuffing my face with all the baked goods I was in the habit of making.
  • Vivian_Phoenix
    Options
    I was pushing hamburgers into my face, was a very dirty eater at the time and always eating desserts, lots of fried foods, not drinking NEARLY enough water and feel very bad about myself and the way I looked and felt. I was also ignoring my Celiac and just eating loads of bread products and always feeling so bloated and in pain. I was feeling so lazy all the time and had low expectations of myself because I felt out of control, I was working a job I was miserable in which made me even more depressed. My shoulders felt so heavy.

Now I feel so different, 6 lbs fell off my body pretty much effortlessly. I feel so alive aware and alert and very responsible because Im owning up to my adulthood finally, I feel that I've come into myself. I have a successful career under my belt and I can only go up from here. All positive things come together!

I've come this far, because I've applied myself.
  • The_Finja
    The_Finja Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I was 140 pounds heavier than I am today! Seems so long ago and not so long ago at the same time, I guess I'm only half the man I used to be...:laugh:
  • celticmuse
    celticmuse Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    One year ago, I was about 6 mos. out from a total hip replacement, and about 11 lbs. into my weight loss/fitness journey. Today, I have lost another 21 lbs., with 4 more to go. I now look forward to working out, and much more careful about what I eat, and feel worlds better about myself. Oh, did I mention? I have many new clothes! I discovered that I could take control of my health....
  • cabaray
    cabaray Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    I was 140 pounds heavier than I am today! Seems so long ago and not so long ago at the same time, I guess I'm only half the man I used to be...:laugh:
    You are awesome!
  • jmgcummins
    jmgcummins Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    A year ago I had a newborn at home, so I wasn't thinking about weight loss too much. I couldn't work out much (c-section) so I was hoping the weight would come off on it's own. 40 pounds of it did, 20 pounds of it didn't. (I know, 60 pounds. yikes! I wont be doing that my next pregnancy. I used pregnancy as a license to eat pizza hut 3 times a week.).
  • slimkitty
    Options
    I was 26 pounds heavier, depressed, bloated and tired and taking prednisone and asmanex to help me breathe.
    One year later I am 26 pounds lighter, happy, full of energy, run 4 miles most days, do yoga and kickboxing and no need for prednisone or asmanex.
  • dlyeates
    dlyeates Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    One year ago my daughter was 6 1/2 months old, my son was 4 1/2 years old, working full time and very sleep deprived. My daughter was still waking up to nurse 2-3 times a night and I still had to get up to go to work. My husband travelled sporadically and I was just plain exhausted.

I wasn't losing weight and I THOUGHT I was being healthy. I now look up some of the meals I had when we ate out and they were 900-1200 calories or more. One meal that I enjoyed was over 1600 calories!!!! I don't even eat that much in a day now (with exercise calories get close but usually not over). No wonder I wasn't losing any weight!!!
  • cheri0627
    cheri0627 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    One year ago today, I was 18 days into my journey to a healthier me. I didn't quite know yet that I'd really started that journey, though. I got roped into signing up for a 2 day a week boot camp class that started Nov. 1. So one year ago, I could barely do a sit up, a squat, a lunge.

Now, I'm still doing boot camp those 2 days a week (but it's a lot tougher than it was, since I'm experienced, but it's also a lot easier now, because I can actually do things.) but I've added CrossFit 1-2 days a week, and Olympic Lifting. I'm down 45 lbs. I am more flexible. I am capable of lifting heavy objects. I have more endurance. I have more confidence. I have more courage.

I am a heck of a lot healthier than I was. I still have a ways to go. (I'm still considered obese based on BMI.) I'm getting there, and I'm going to keep moving forward.
  • ncahill77
    ncahill77 Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    One year ago I was 40 pounds heavier, at my doctors office confirming I was diabetic and completely overwhelmed. I am very thankful for MFP and the family of people on here and all the support we give each other!
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    Probably about 15 pounds heavier.
    76443_492345246094_626471094_7073226_8323414_n.jpg
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!