Where were you exactly 1yr ago in your journey? I was..

Options

Replies

• thetorontokid2
    Options
    I was sittin' on my butt eating everything in sight!! And hallelujah! Thanksgiving was around the corner and I was thinking about the two meals I was gonna eat! lol
  • Fatchickslim
    Fatchickslim Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    I was gaining weight at speed and not losing it.
    My knees hurt when i walked and my legs had oedema.
    My hip felt like an 85 year old woman not a 32yr old one.
    I was in pain when I slept not rejuvinating.
    I had undone six months of training for a half marathon in just 4 months
    I couldn't walk up the hill to my home without getting out of breath and now I'm learning to run.
    I was dreading the work Christmas party instead of looking forward to it.
    I was not a very happy person to be around because I wasn't happy in myself.
    I'm not where I need to be yet but thank God I'm not where I used to be!
  • gpacey
    gpacey Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    At the beginning of January I decided to try to lose my post baby weight. I was about 80kgs when I got married, and 5 kids and 6 years later I was 96kgs. I really wanted to make it to 75kgs over 12 months.
    My motivation wasn't (and still isn't) for skinny jeans, or a number on the scales, it's more for health reasons for me, I have seen people around me have various health scares, and it had made me realise that I don't want to wait until I have a fright to start to appreciate good health. Also as the cook and schedule keeper in the house, my choices have big consequences down stream for my husband and kids.
    So I wanted to get healthier, and was pretty motivated to do it. I had lost 7kgs myself before my friend Debbie(and amazing influence) introduced me to MFP. I lost a further 4kgs, I was going well until June, when I got a bit lazy, and my weight has kind of plateaued since then, not getting heavier, but not losing any more really either. I did a duathlon with my brilliant friend Debbie and that was great, but I have just bobbed along since then. So now I am trying to give myself a kick in the pants (feel free to add me as a friend to help motivate/keep on track!)
    Just had a look at some pics of me in Jan and God I see now the difference the 12kgs has made. I don't think I'll lose the last 8 before next Jan, but that's ok, if I can keep getting healthier and changing my taste buds to prefering better food and not so much of it, and also getting more exercise in, I think I'll be a lot better off in the long run. And so will my kids and hubby I hope.

I dont know how to add photos in my post - but have put them in my profile, some then & now
  • Shannonigans84
    Shannonigans84 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    I was 10lbs heavier on my way to 20lbs heavier. It was winter (I tend to get lazy during the winter) and I hadn't gotten settled from some huge life changes. Also I'd wake up in the middle of the night to see my boyfriend since he worked 2nd shift, and we'd stuff our faces. I wasn't at my heaviest weight, but I knew I had to get a grip on things. I didn't commit again until April this year, and today I'm offically 20lbs lighter! I never want to go back to that place; I've learned so much and I know what needs to be done to make this stick!
  • susanswan
    susanswan Posts: 1,194 Member
    Options
    Last year at this time I was depressed that the pact I made with a friend to start losing weight January 1st of last year (2010) was worthless. I spent over a year looking for that first step. I finally found it once and for all when my sister directed me to www.fatloser.com and MFP. Those two simple websites have changed my life. I decided to reach my long sought after goal of 135 pounds. I was a good 25 pounds heavier than I was today......and went up from there until DAY ONE on Feb. 7, 2011. I am 5 1/2 pounds away from reaching my goal and have never been more impressed with myself IN MY LIFE! Sounds trite, but If I can do it so can you!
  • willowautumn07
    willowautumn07 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Everyone is so inspiring!
  • falsecho
    falsecho Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Sitting on the couch about 35 lbs heavier drinking some beer and about to be forced to take BP medication. Today...Nothing like a year ago
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    I was 50 pounds heavier!
  • WildFlower7
    WildFlower7 Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    One year ago today (give or take a month), I was sitting comfortably in my recliner, munching on some chips and salsa thinking I was in pretty good shape for a 52 year old, 6 foot and 225 lbs (or so I thought), when my wife decided she was going to loose weight. I was thinking "Great, here we go again. It won't last two weeks before she is back on the couch where she belongs. Didn't happen this time. She started walking every evening and finally, in about February, she started nagging me to walk with her because it was dark and she didn't want to walk alone. Got up off my keester and started to walk with her. Didn't realize how far 3 miles was. I was kind of hoping I'd have a heart attack so I could get out of walking and make her feel guilty. Snuck into the bathroom and finally weighed myself shortly there after and found out I was 245. Decided to get serious. I am now down almost 50 lbs and my wife is down 65 lbs. She did her first sprint Triathlon on 9/11/11 and I ran in my first 5K in October. She is looking for her next Tri and I am sidelined for a little while with a knee injury. I can ride and swim but can't run right now. Doctor told me to slow down a little on building up the running miles. I went from walking 3 miles to running 5 miles in about a month. He said the muscles and breathing will increase rapidly but my old bones won't. I need to take it a little slower. I have started to walk a couple miles on it and will slowly start to work up from there.

That is awesome you should be very very proud!:happy:
  • WildFlower7
    Options
    1 year ago, I was probably laying in bed, eating ice cream, watching The Biggest Loser and getting jealous because they "can lose weight". Sad, but true!

And look at you now 37lbs lighter! Great job!!
  • WildFlower7
    Options
    probably eating some 1200 calorie lunch at my desk as usual. Afraid to go into the break room because others would be appauld by how much I was eating.

Lol, and here you are today 40lbs lighter!! Amazing job!!
  • WildFlower7
    Options
    a year ago I hadn't taken weight loss as seriously as I am now....I was always up and down >5 lb....staying somewhere around 200. I would diet, for a bit, then stop, and gain it back....now I'm losing and never looking back! Down 23 lbs!

I can relate to that!! Congratulations and good luck on the rest of your journey!
  • WildFlower7
    Options
    This was me one year ago! I was so miserable.

Comparison.jpg

You look GREAT! And so much happier too!
  • WildFlower7
    Options
    I was 140 pounds heavier than I am today! Seems so long ago and not so long ago at the same time, I guess I'm only half the man I used to be...:laugh:

THAT'S INCREDIBLE! CONGRATULATIONS!
  • WildFlower7
    Options
    I was 26 pounds heavier, depressed, bloated and tired and taking prednisone and asmanex to help me breathe.
    One year later I am 26 pounds lighter, happy, full of energy, run 4 miles most days, do yoga and kickboxing and no need for prednisone or asmanex.

That is soo good to hear!! Amazing how healthy habits can make your entire life better, in all aspects! Congrats!
  • zeeeb
    zeeeb Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    last christmas i was 16kg heavier than I am now.

i lost the whole 16kg in the first 6 months of 2011, and have maintained since then. i'd like to lose another 8kg, but am struggling to get back on deck with the losing thing. but at least i'm not gaining.
  • lorihalsted
    lorihalsted Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    1 year ago I was a Whopping 312lbs and today I am Weighing in at 156lbs.. Man what an Amazing year this has been for me.. So life changing for the better.. I am down 156lbs as of yesturday and I am 11lbs from my goal.. I have done this souly thru exercise and 1200-1300 calorie diet.. No Fad Diets or Surgeries.. Nothing But Blood, Sweat & Tears..

"Not Sweat you see on me that's Awesome Sauce Baby!!!!"
    ~Rachel~
    bef-1.png
    new-1-1.png
    YOU ARE AN INSPIRATION!!!!!!!!
  • WildFlower7
    Options
    You all are so motivational and inspiring! Congrats to you all for making life changes and being successful and dedicated! You all have put a smile on my face!! CONGRATULATIONS ALL OF YOU:bigsmile:
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    1 year:

2mn3tl.jpg
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!