Random things that peeve you

Options

Replies

• wildcata77
    Options
    kids on leashes...WTF

haha super disturbing!!

Don't knock it till you try it!

I haven't ever done it, but if my 2 year old was any more antsy I would certainly consider it if we needed to walk in a crowded place (like a fair or amusement park) or busy sidewalks. You can sideeye all you want, his safety is my number one priority.

I've never had to use one on my kids.. but I know others who have. Not because they are lazy and not paying attention. Kids can bolt quickly and there is nothing worse then seeingyour kid bolt and not being able to squeeze through small spaces to get to them right away.

Ya, I don't think they are lazy parents or anything, I just don't care for the approach that's all.

Thanks for clarifying...I'm on a mommy message board and it seems that most of the people we hear against it do think it's b/c the parent is lazy or can't control their kids, and most of those people don't have kids.

Like I said, I don't prefer it and feel glad I've never had to use one, but I totally would in a heartbeat if I had a "dasher".
  • Minnesnowtagurl
    Minnesnowtagurl Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Those stupid cards that fall out of magazines....
  • shellyc7182
    shellyc7182 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    The rampant misuse of apostrophes. Or as some might rather say, "apostrophe's." CRINGE!
  • mrssavvysteve
    mrssavvysteve Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Loose vs Lose.

your vs you're

and trust me, I am no English major!

DITTO!!!
  • mrssavvysteve
    mrssavvysteve Posts: 239 Member
    Options

Mothers-in-law were mentioned earlier. YES! Mine is a selfish nutcase with bad hair.

DOUBLE DITTO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • laneybird
    laneybird Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    When people drive slow in the passing lane!
  • erzsebet_1560
    Options
    Those stupid cards that fall out of magazines....

Yes!!! LMAO!!
  • erzsebet_1560
    Options
    When people don't wash thier hands after using the bathroom...especially in a public bathroom!! Gross....
  • kit_katty
    kit_katty Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    When people don't wash thier hands after using the bathroom...especially in a public bathroom!! Gross....

OMG I totally agree, that's sooo disgusting!
  • shellyc7182
    shellyc7182 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    And speaking of bathrooms... That weird, cheap toilet paper in the bathroom at work. Y'all know what I'm talking about.
  • erzsebet_1560
    Options
    And speaking of bathrooms... That weird, cheap toilet paper in the bathroom at work. Y'all know what I'm talking about.

Hahahaha!!!! I totally know!
  • erzsebet_1560
    Options

Hahahaha!!!! I totally know!
  • johnallen12
    johnallen12 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    People in parking lots who circle forever in their cars so that they can get a spot closer to the entrance. If they'd settle for a spot a little farther out, they'd be parked, in and out of the store, and gone. But no, they start to follow people walking back to their cars waiting to pounce on the soon-to-be-open parking space like hungry sharks going after a wounded tuna. In the meantime, 2 or 3 cars are stuck behind them.
  • littlesis412
    littlesis412 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    People that bag my groceries. There are only 2 types: the ones that put every single item in one bag, and those that use a separate bag for every single item.

People who assume all cashiers are mindless idiots or pieces of machinery.
  • Pandorian
    Pandorian Posts: 2,055 MFP Moderator
    Options
    LOL When I see those "spot sharks' circling looking for a spot to open I walk down the aisle on the opposite side of my car, pull out my keys while they get all hyped up and then walk through the lane to where my car is on the opposite side. :)

Rare that I get to do this though because I park far from the doors as often as I can, little bit of extra walking, less cars park near me for the distance, though the ones that do tend to be beat up junk heaps.
  • JDNOX
    JDNOX Posts: 619
    Options
    people that yell to the other person in the house to be quiet because someone is sleeping. Hello Jack@$$!!! SHHHH
  • jamielr84
    Options
    People chewing with their mouths open or sipping drinks super loudly.
    People that demand a message in order to be friends on here.
    People that say "if I can do it, you can do it".
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    People that have a ton of peeves.
  • NiciS72
    NiciS72 Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    people that yell to the other person in the house to be quiet because someone is sleeping. Hello Jack@$$!!! SHHHH

LOL this one reminded me of my peeve that my husband tells me not to talk to him from another room in the house yet he does it from 2-4 rooms away ALL THE TIME!!!!!
  • beebaby1
    Options
    People that are grown adults that talk like a valley girl from *#%%, very loudly.