Are you as attractive as you think you are?

Options
fteale
fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
I always thought of myself as attractive, in that a lot of people used to hit on me before I had children. Then for years no one did ever, at all. Which is understandable, I looked like a haggard mother. But now I have lost weight and am looking after myself, I think I look ok, most of the time, but then occasionally get these flashes of "OMG I look rough! Everyone probably thinks I am a sad old woman." I think it comes from being a student and spending a lot of time with people 12 years younger than me. I am really beginning to feel old. Which is depressing.

So I would say for me, no, I am not as attractive as I am in my head, as I still see myself as I was at 21, when I am in fact 34, and look my age.

How about you?

Replies

• sunkisses
    sunkisses Posts: 2,365 Member
    Options
    I firmly believe that you're only as beautiful as *you* think you are. :smile: I don't think about how I look much - as in, I don't wonder how I appear to anyone else, as long as I'm pleased with what I've got going on. I'm usually oblivious to other people.
  • twinsanity
    twinsanity Posts: 1,847 Member
    Options
    I'd have to say no, but only because I don't think I'm attractive. I've never thought that about myself, and in the last several years I REALLY don't feel that way about myself. Weight issues or not. People tell me otherwise, but I certainly don't see whatever it is they think they see.
  • Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,342 Member
    Options
    honestly it depends on the day. Somedays I feel sexy and others I know I am no different than the day before but I still feel rough. As I am losing weight there are more sexy days though haha :)
  • Vaanja
    Vaanja Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I'm 34 and I'm straight up superfly milf.

That opinion would probably have to be adjusted if I balanced it against what other people thought...so I adhere to a pretty strict no-giving-a-damn diet.
  • ciaobellakiss
    Options
    I'm 18 and I think I'm average. Am I right?
  • McPenguin
    Options

That opinion would probably have to be adjusted if I balanced it against what other people thought...so I adhere to a pretty strict no-giving-a-damn diet.

Love this response! And the "no giving a damn diet" is the best diet ever! ;)
  • ChitownFoodie
    ChitownFoodie Posts: 1,562 Member
    Options
    29 years old and I think I'm okay looking. EH!
  • calibri
    calibri Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    You're damn right I am. :wink:
  • sunnybrunette126
    sunnybrunette126 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    My opinion is that I'm pretty. Thin or big... it's all about how I feel in my own skin.
  • JulesofWinsto
    Options

Preach! :drinker:
  • WifeMomDVM
    WifeMomDVM Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    I'm probably hotter than I give myself credit... :wink:
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    I think I have a fairly accurate idea of how attractive I am.
  • Iamfit4life
    Iamfit4life Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options
    Some days no, some days yes.

In reality who knows what others think of me. If spent all my time thinking of that I'd be cray-zay. Just trying to please myself.
  • brookepenni
    brookepenni Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    I actually think I am pretty good. I have no self image problems - if anything I probably have too much confidence! Im 30 and short, but have an athletic body. Pretty happy here.

I like my body shape and have to keep reminding myself that I still need to lose more weight as I am still just borderline obese. I get some approving looks - especially in my skinny jeans (I work with guys and I overheard a couple on Friday say they thought I was hot haha, so my confidence also got a boost!).
  • juliesummers
    juliesummers Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    Hm, it's hard to tell. In general I think I'm attractive enough to go about my daily life without having to worry that people are whispering about how ugly I look. Sometimes I feel very unattractive (and I don't know how others view me on those days) and other times when I'm dressed up and going out I probably feel/think I'm more attractive than others consider me to be because sometimes I don't get the attention I hoped I'd get (especially if I'm out with my super attractive actress girl friends).
    But, as I said, I'll never really know how others truthfully feel about my appearance.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    I try to use mind over matter to will myself to be good looking.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    For me, I was hit on a lot more when I was fat and and attached. Now I'm single and thinner and I can't seem to get anyone's attention.
  • AZTrailRunner
    AZTrailRunner Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options
    After ending a 15 year marriage, I no longer have an opinion. I'll have to see what the market bares.
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    i'm smoking hot and i dare someone to say different.
  • thepanttherlady
    thepanttherlady Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I have never looked at myself as "beautiful" but know that I am not ugly. I like to think my shining personality is what attracts others to me. :D

I am 40 but act MUCH younger than that. I usually have doubters when I tell them my real age and that comes from both men and women.

I agree with a lot of the other posters, you are only as beautiful and young as you feel. Sometimes it only takes something small to make you feel that way. (eg a new lipstick, top, hair style etc.)

<3