Are you as attractive as you think you are?

Options

Replies

• dimpleschick
    dimpleschick Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Oh geez, as I have gotten older, it is quite clear that men no longer look at older women. Fortunately, I still get some look from men and a smile. That makes me feel good. I have to wear baggy, unflattering scrubs at work with a cap to cover my hair. I always wear my glasses to protect my eyes from body fluids. My glasses make me feel particularly unattractive. Add the harsh fluorescent lighting, and I feel pretty much like Ugly Orphan. However, on the weekends and my day off, I look like a babe! As long as I believe that, it really doesn't matter what anybody else thinks.
  • jvan1957
    jvan1957 Posts: 114
    Options
    If you don't mind, it don't matter!
  • running_mom
    running_mom Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I dont think im pretty at all. Ive been thin before and then had 2 kids. Im finally 10 lbs away from my goal and still not happy. But hopefully somebody will think i am!
  • wjranch
    wjranch Posts: 152
    Options
    I would have to say, that I have never felt comfortable in my skin....... I'm a natural Ginger...soooo, always was the 'outsider' or got picked on mercilessly!
    Due to that, I developed a strong "super *****" exterior... which always did a Fantastic job of keeping people at bay... because my philosophy was 'if you're not close enough to hurt me, you're just far enough away for my liking!"

Now, I've also been through a few different stages in my 41 years as well... from busty teen, to busy young mother, to overwieght unhappy girlfriend, to thin and getting comfy in my skin (current me!)

So, I guess I can relate to what everyone else posts... even though my current BF says how pretty he thinks I am...etc... I find it hard to 'buy in' ......
    I'm really just me, it's all I can be...and it had better be! Cuz it's the Best of Me! LOL
  • stayxtrue
    stayxtrue Posts: 1,190 Member
    Options
    I'm 18 and I think I'm average. Am I right?

Your more than average :)

I would like to think that I am okay looking... I dont attract much attention from girls :S
  • cofakid
    cofakid Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    honestly it depends on the day. Somedays I feel sexy and others I know I am no different than the day before but I still feel rough. As I am losing weight there are more sexy days though haha :)

i'm the same. some days i look in the mirror and think i look really pretty, other days i think wow u r so fat and ugly..

its all a mood thing. ive had times wen i was hit on a lot by guys and times when ive had guys call me fat and ugly, and the two often happened at the same time!

so there are times when i think i get alot of interest, there are times when i think i want to go back to skinny pretty me, there are times wen i think i am pretty and times wen i plain just feel yuk about it all and think im fat and ugly.
  • claire_xox
    claire_xox Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    not sure if I'm more attractive at a lower weight or not but I will always be the shy fat ugly awkward girl when i look in the mirror. any physical compliments immediately get me defensive because I assume there's some sort of joke that I don't understand behind it.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    honestly it depends on the day. Somedays I feel sexy and others I know I am no different than the day before but I still feel rough. As I am losing weight there are more sexy days though haha :)

The day? It depends on the minute for me! :laugh:

Overall, though, I think how I feel about myself physically has much, much more to do with how I feel mentally and emotionally. Tired or depressed? I'm a hag. Happy and energized? I don't feel out of place around 20-somethings.
  • chocolateandvodka
    chocolateandvodka Posts: 1,856 Member
    Options
    no, i'm way hotter than that.
  • SoulNeedsBeauty
    SoulNeedsBeauty Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    im hotter than all of you together haha i really think so
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    I do alright.
  • kenzietea
    kenzietea Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    I have days where I think I look great, and days where I can't stand myself. I always thought that was normal?
  • heatherzotigh
    Options
    I would agree with most the women on here who say everyday is different...

but overall I would say I don't give myself enough credit, and I think that goes to being over-weight when I was younger, and even though I've lost the weight (and I know I'm no ugly duckling!) I think that self-conscious fat girl likes to rear her ugly head sometimes and doesn't do much for myself self-image, but I'm getting better at seeing me the way I am now, and not then--also my husband is a super, ultra confident guy and he's slowly teaching me that it is CONFIDENCE that attracts, not just physical appearance!
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Options
    hell, yes, I am as attractive as I think I am
    unless I don't think I'm attractive, which happens quite often, then I'm not attractive
    but as long as I think I'm attractive, I'm attractive.
    I might be a bit bipolar with this issue...
  • raevynn
    raevynn Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    I tend to think of myself as young and hot....

... until I catch a glimpse of myself in an unexpected reflection, or a photo.

... well, on the inside I'm young and hot!
  • baisleac
    baisleac Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    Yes.

Whether I'm attractive to someone else, or not, is beside the point.

I... am attractive to myself! :drinker:

p.s. My husband thinks I'm kind of hot too. :smile:
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    I don't get hit on anymore either. Haven't for years. But I think that's just the vibe I put out. I'm not looking to get hit on. I don't make eye contact and smile at men, like I used to. I'm friendly, I just think people know when you really are interested in flirting or whatever (and some married women do still flirt, like to be flirted with, and there's nothing wrong with that).

But yes, I'd say I'm as attractive as I think I am.
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    I am realistic enough to know I will never turn heads,it is what it is and okay.
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    My inflated ego tells me that I am and that's all the verification I need.

Also, my fiance says yes. That's a second opinion, therefore it must be true.
  • _GlaDOS_
    _GlaDOS_ Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    Why yes, I do believe I am. I have a lot more confidence in how I look these days. :flowerforyou: