P90X Grouop to Finish the Year Strong

Options

Replies

• MommaFuhrer
    MommaFuhrer Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Just started week 7! I didn't take a rest day because I missed several days over Thanksgiving! I have to keep telling myself after this week I will be more then 1/2 way done, and recovery week is next week!
  • smpreston
    smpreston Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Day 8 - Cheat and Back, ARX

I decided to bring it a little more this round, so I am using push up bars. They really do make the push ups harder. My rep count is down a bit from last round, but I am certainly feeling the workouts. My chest gets sore just form the first set of moves. I upped my weights on Back Flys since my workout sheet had a note to try the larger weights. They felt good and I'm glad I knew to do that. I felt pretty tired my second trip through today though.I matched some first round reps, but fell back on others. ARX was nothing special. Fifer Scissors and I are not on speaking terms right now. They don't like me and I don't like them. My arch-nemesis, V-Up/Roll ups went down swinging this morning. One day I would like to be able to knock out ARX without much effort.
  • ralison
    ralison Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Wow! How did you cut the time in half? I didn't think the breaks were that long.

You know what......I didn't do the bonus round so it's not really cut all the way in half then.
  • ralison
    Options
    Day 8 - Cheat and Back, ARX

I decided to bring it a little more this round, so I am using push up bars. They really do make the push ups harder. My rep count is down a bit from last round, but I am certainly feeling the workouts. My chest gets sore just form the first set of moves. I upped my weights on Back Flys since my workout sheet had a note to try the larger weights. They felt good and I'm glad I knew to do that. I felt pretty tired my second trip through today though.I matched some first round reps, but fell back on others. ARX was nothing special. Fifer Scissors and I are not on speaking terms right now. They don't like me and I don't like them. My arch-nemesis, V-Up/Roll ups went down swinging this morning. One day I would like to be able to knock out ARX without much effort.

Awesome that you are pushing yourself to the max! Isn't the soreness a bad but good thing. It hurts so bad, but you know you're getting stronger, losing weight, and losing inches! I once did Legs and Back and Kenpo on the same day. I couldn't walk for days. It hurt but deep inside I was proud of myself for pushing through.

ARX is so crazy. I'm doing the Abs workout from 10 minute trainer myself. That's crazy too but atleast it's only 10 minutes. I think I will work my way up to ARX. Even then, I think it'd still take almost a year of doing the workout to actually keep up with them!
  • smpreston
    Options
    Legs and Back and Kenpo on the same day should be tough. I usually don't do a double on Legs and Back days. If I do, it is usually just a bike ride around the neighborhood. I tried some TurboFire workouts, but my legs just didn't have it in them.
  • mmhenry28
    mmhenry28 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I jsut started last week, today is my rest day but i had to change some days aroudn so I have Kenpo tonight instead. I actually also attend Boot Camp every Tues and Thurs, so if I have a cardio work out I will just do boot camp instead. Or I do a double workout like I did last week.

I HATE YOGA. But will give it another chance on saturday. The main reason why i hate it is that I cant hear what tony is saying over the top of the fan in the room (im palying it from my computer not my tv as that is where all of our equipment is.

I've actually found the workout to not be that hard (I mean they are hard) but I have been doing pressups, pull ups and all of these moves at boot camp for the last 3 months now, so I don;t get the soreness that I hear most people get.

I did however do legs and back yetserday and I must say that my legs and butt do hurt today which i great.

My fav workout so far is Arms and Shoulder! I love it!
  • MommaFuhrer
    Options
    I did Cardio X today! Feeling good and energized! I'm not looking forward to chest, shoulders and triceps tomorrow....the push-ups are a HUGE challenge for me! I hope you all have a great day! ~Jessica :happy:
  • pmcder10
    Options
    I did some Plyo last night and believe it or not, I love this video. It totally kicked my butt, but I was loving every second of if! It was definitely a struggle to get through the whole video even while doing the moves for half the time. Some moves I was able to push myself through the whole 30 seconds, others, my legs gave in at about 15. I felt great afterwards and the energy boost has carried over into today. Some people hate it, but I LOVE it!!
  • mbody1
    mbody1 Posts: 12
    Options
    Saturday I did Kenpo- it was alright. I've done a decent amount of cardio kickboxing classes and I've always preferred step over kickboxing. I'll try it again though. The next morning I felt like my arms/elbows were really feeling it.

Yesterday I did Chest & Back for the second time. I'm not sore at all today and last Tuesday I was dying. I don't know if I "brought it" as hard yesterday though. I do all the push-ups on my knees. Also, I don't do the diamond push-ups at all. There is no way I can so I figure doing a few of another version is better than nothing right?

Good Job to everyone else who is completing their workouts each day!
  • smpreston
    Options
    t's a bit of a late post this morning. I took my chilly walk (40 degrees here this morning) with the dog around 5:30 this morning. I got back in the house, tried to warm up a bit and then did my Plyo. I had a check up at the doctor this morning, so I had to fast. That mean nothing to eat after Plyo. I think I subconsciously knew that and took Plyo slightly easier. I ended up with a calorie burn of 923 calories, about 70 or more less than I usually do. My heart rate monitor never beeped at me either, another first.

After doing so many TurboFire workouts, Plyo almost seems slow by comparison. It is intense for sure and still tough, but it just seems a bit slower. Also, Plyo has taught us one very important lesson; Frodo failed and Tony has the ring.

The run squat moves are still the toughest for me. I am really trying to concentrate this round on keeping my back straight and my butt down. I'm also trying to get more air when I make those turns. Mary Katherines are still tough. I have a hard time getting a deep lunge with my front leg while not tipping over.

My blood pressure was 110/70 and my heart rate/pulse was 64. Not bad at all for a 40 year old guy that was hungry and finished Plyo about 90 minutes earlier. I'm anxious to see what the blood tests say. The doctor was impressed with the weight loss and numbers. Their scale was four pounds high, so I had to let him know about that.

mmhenry - Do that yoga. I like to have a quiet environment when i do mine too. Too bad there isn't an easy way to quiet the fan down.

MommaFuhrer - Cardio X is a nice little workout. The pushups in Chest, Shoulder and Triceps are pretty tough. They still toss me for a loop. Just do what you can, take a break, then try a couple more.

pmcder - Good to hear you love Plyo. I don't look forward to the video, but I always feel great when i complete it.

mbody - Kepp trying the Diamond pushups, you might surprise yourself and get one done. Also, try to do your first push p from your toes, then switch to your knees. You won't get better at them until you try them. Good to hear the soreness was better this week. I still get pretty sore after Plyo and Legs and Back though.
  • MommaFuhrer
    Options
    I did Chest, shoulders and triceps/ab ripper X this morning! I did well, I upped my weights on a lot of the moves this week and I had a personal best on clap push ups! I did 14 on my knees! Maybe next round I will try a couple on my toes and see how it goes! Tomorrow is week 7 day 4! I'm halfway there!!
    I hope you all have a great day! :happy: ~Jess
  • ralison
    Options
    I like the progress of everyone here. I like that it's a smaller group so I can follow everyone. I get overwhelmed when I log in and there's 20 entries I need to read over.

My schedule's gotten a bit mixed up this week. I don't know how people can keep the schedule going all the way through. I ended up doing Cardio X last night. It was a great burn for the time invested. Tonight I'm going to make up Yoga X which I missed. Week 2 is supposed to start tomorrow and I still haven't done Kenpo. Looked at my schedule and think I can get back on track by the end of week 2.

-MommaFuhrer-How have your stats improved since you began 7 weeks ago? I do my push ups on my knees too. I know we'll work up to regular push ups eventually.

-smpreston-Great stats from the doctor. I couldn't imagine waking up, doing plyo, then going to the doctor and not being able to eat until after. I'm gonna keep going with that workout and eventually I will get it down.
  • smpreston
    Options
    Day 10 - Shoulders and Arms, ARX

I do love this workout. I always feel like I can find an exercise that I can raise up a rep or two or raise the weight on. The one thing I really want to concentrate on is my form. When working biceps, it is very easy to swing your body and that reduces the effectiveness of your curls. It is cheating. Don't get too worried about the higher weights and concentrate on keeping your body still. Crouching Curls is a move where I would get all sorts of body swing. I end up against a wall like Joe in the video and that helped a lot.

Speaking of those Crouching Cohen Curls, I did something to my back on the lower right hand side during my first round of them. It was a strange feeling and I thought I was done for the day. But I kept on doing the moves being mindful of my back. I got though the round and during the cool down, the standing side stretch hurt it a bit. I was going to skip ARX, but I knew I had to answer to you folks. I did my ARX and got through all the moves easily. I was worried about Mason Twists and Oblique V-Ups, but did those quite well. Old me would have quit at the first pull. After a couple rounds of this stuff, I know longer quit unless I should because it is a real injury.

MommaFuhrer - Great job on the clapping ones! I hit 13 or so last round on my toes. I then tried the plyo/airborne ones and knocked out twelve of them. They bring a whole new meaning to "Don't smash your face".

ralison - Once you get the schedule down, you'll find it gets easier. Chalene says something in TurboFire that makes sense. Make yourself an appointment every day for your workout. You have to make that time for yourself.
  • manvsfood
    manvsfood Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Day 16 - Shoulders and Arms, ARX

Loved it... once again this workout is one of my favorites.
    I think I'm starting to love strength training MORE cardio... I'm not sure yet lol. Quickly, I just wanted to say that this workout is a favorite because I love working my arms, that's my target area. The static curls burned great, and the chair dips WORKED my shoulders and arms to death, shockingly, I loved those the most. Ab Ripper X was easier today because I actually did 85% of the workout!!!! I did ALL of the straight leg sit ups and the first FIVE minutes were definitely a bit easier but still hard.

BTW: Last night I decided... to STOP a continuance of a plateau, I added Hip Hop Abs back to workout routine. I will combine both P90X Lean (mornings) and Hip Hop Abs (evenings); hopefully that will trick my body!

:glasses:
  • pmcder10
    Options
    My posts are always after the fact because due to work being insanely busy, my workouts are now completed in the evenings and majority of the time, once I'm home, I am not on the computer.

Last night's workout: Shoulders and Arms, ARX

While I was able to stay more focused during the workout, it still doesn't interest me. I love what it does for my shoulders and arms and will continue to stick with it, but I dread it. It's probably my least favorite video so far. It is so interesting for me to read everyone's post and progress because I seem to have the opposite view on some of the videos as the vast majority. Seeing everyone's fascination for the Shoulders and Arms video keeps me motivated to try harder the next time around to see if my dislike for the video fades. I doubt that it will, but am enjoying the results afterwards.

Tonight's video is Yoga X and I am pretty excited. I really enjoy the Yoga video even though its a real struggle for me to get through the entire thing. It's difficult because by the end of the first half my legs are already shaking. Once we move to the second part my body gets a real challenge. I do believe I will do much better tonight that I did last week. This is only my second week and I already feel tons better and feel like my body has much better definition.

I'm hoping to be able to switch my workouts from the evening to the morning come January. Hopefully the transition will not be too difficult.
  • smpreston
    Options
    It's funny to see two very different opinions of the same workout back to back. At least you both like yoga if I remember correctly.
  • MommaFuhrer
    Options
    -MommaFuhrer-How have your stats improved since you began 7 weeks ago? I do my push ups on my knees too. I know we'll work up to regular push ups eventually.

I usually try to get one more push up each week then I did the week before, sometimes I do and sometimes I don't. Usually if I get to 15 on my knees I try them on my toes then when I get to tired I switch back to knees and I always write it down. There were a few push up moves this week that I made it more then 1/2 way on my toes before I had to switch to knees! As of today I'm down 5lbs and 3in in the waist. Weigh in is tomorrow....:happy:
  • teamfairy101
    teamfairy101 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Glad I found this group, I'm finishing up P90X on new years eve! Been having great results, on day 65 now ( I think) lol, got to say the time went by so much faster than I though it would so whatever day you are at just keep going and what ever you do Don't give up! You can't fail if you don't give up!
  • MommaFuhrer
    Options
    Week 7 day 4!
    Yoga today. I NEVER want to get up and do yoga but after I'm done I ALWAYS feel great! Part way through the first half I find myself counting down how many moves are left, I LOVE the stretching and then I curse my way through the yoga belly 7! I hope you all have a good day and a great workout! ~Jess :happy:
  • caterpillardreams
    caterpillardreams Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Hi
    I want to start p90X and need a group so I can be held accountable, Can I still join. Ive done p90X before, I had a baby and surgery this year, so I am getting back into shape.
    Have not been in good shape in 3 yrs since my first child, don't want to stretch that out and longer.