Creepy boys at the gym

Options

Replies

• Mallory0418
    Mallory0418 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    I find this topic kind of funny. There was another thread a few weeks ago where a guy was asking what to do about a girl at the gym he liked. Some of the advice he was given, was exactly what everyone here is calling creepy! :)

I was just thinking that! Poor guys... :frown: It's no wonder women confuse them so much! lol
  • lloydrt
    lloydrt Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    just tell him you are waiting for your partner, that you are in a same sex relationship and you dont fish from that side of the pier.........once he knows youre gay he'll troll elsewhere..........good luck
  • dadoffo
    dadoffo Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I find this topic kind of funny. There was another thread a few weeks ago where a guy was asking what to do about a girl at the gym he liked. Some of the advice he was given, was exactly what everyone here is calling creepy! :)

I was just thinking that! Poor guys... :frown: It's no wonder women confuse them so much! lol

I know it's hard for us guys. We just want to be loved that's all.
  • solpwr
    solpwr Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    yes i secretly love the squeaky voiced dude following me around the gym.....

Not the dude. The attention. See the difference?

Its nice to be noticed, don't you think? Its flattering, even if the guy is squeaky voiced.
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Options
    I built an extensive weight room in my home. Complete with Elliptical, Recumbent bike, Treadmill, free weight and machines.

You guys are so lucky. I have to go out and search for creeps and invite them back to my house.

Same here! The only creep in my gym is me :bigsmile:

...as far as you know.
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    OP, have you thought about building a home gym in your garage or basement, maybe? Possibly investing in some in-home DVD workouts? Between this and the Gym Princess thread, I'm getting the sense that going to the gym isn't enjoyable for you at all.

But then what would she complain about?
  • MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options
    OP, have you thought about building a home gym in your garage or basement, maybe? Possibly investing in some in-home DVD workouts? Between this and the Gym Princess thread, I'm getting the sense that going to the gym isn't enjoyable for you at all.

But then what would she complain about?

I agree. It sounds like working out in a public place is awfully stressful. You know, stress releases cortisol and cortisol is the cause of the dreaded belly fat!! (I heard that on a commercial so it must be totally 100% true)

:flowerforyou:
  • Dauntlessness
    Dauntlessness Posts: 1,489 Member
    Options
    I am just going to cut and paste this from response I submitted on another topic: It really applies here.
    I don't mind when guys look normally, people are going to look at each other but its when it starts to get creepy and excessive.

There is one guy in particular, he will turn around on the elliptical to stare at me while I am on the treadmill behind him for however long I am on, could be 20 minutes, could be an hour. He almost never looks away, usually only if I look at him and then once I look away he does it again. I have told my husband about him just in case this guy goes mental...LOL. Recently I have been giving him dirty looks and it doesn't seem to work very good. Anyhow, I will just kick him in the head if he tries anything. ;)

Scary stuff...
  • Rachaelluvszipped
    Rachaelluvszipped Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    I built an extensive weight room in my home. Complete with Elliptical, Recumbent bike, Treadmill, free weight and machines.

You guys are so lucky. I have to go out and search for creeps and invite them back to my house.

Your sooo silly...luv ya!!:flowerforyou: You always know how to make me laugh!
  • Jain
    Jain Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    I AM the Creeper. I live on an Air Force Base and workout at the gym....I can't help but stare at the massive muscles on the paratrooper guys wearing teeny tiny shorts :smokin:

Some girls have all the luck.!:wink:
  • Texas501
    Texas501 Posts: 274
    Options
    YES!

I was running on the treadmill........one quiet night.............when creeper of the year drags the "weight bench" and all that goes with it, from the completely opposite side of the gym to immediately next to me...... Then proceeds to groan and howl while bench pressing a less than impressive amount of weight. Keep in mind I had to crawl over him to get to the front door..................

Now I have a gym at home! :noway:

Can I join your gym?
  • thedreamhazer
    thedreamhazer Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options
    I am just going to cut and paste this from response I submitted on another topic: It really applies here.
    I don't mind when guys look normally, people are going to look at each other but its when it starts to get creepy and excessive.

There is one guy in particular, he will turn around on the elliptical to stare at me while I am on the treadmill behind him for however long I am on, could be 20 minutes, could be an hour. He almost never looks away, usually only if I look at him and then once I look away he does it again. I have told my husband about him just in case this guy goes mental...LOL. Recently I have been giving him dirty looks and it doesn't seem to work very good. Anyhow, I will just kick him in the head if he tries anything. ;)

Scary stuff...

You are allowed to confront him directly as opposed to waiting to see if anything bad happens. If you confront him and tell him he's making you uncomfortable and to cut it out and it keeps happening then report him to the gym staff.
  • Britt2Fitjrny
    Britt2Fitjrny Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    Some of these stories are hilarious.............others slightly disturbing! I swear I will be staring at my shoes the entire time I'm on elliptical at the gym tonight!

Glancing is the key. Like you're looking at the sun.

I will admit to a glance at an attractive women but I'm definitely going to be a little more aware of how long and how often it happens! I see it all the time with guys checking out my wife.............but she's totally hot:)

aww that's so sweet! :)
  • lor007
    lor007 Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    It sounds like you are jealous.
  • Jeff92se
    Jeff92se Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options
    If a woman is on that leg spreader machine, man I have to make sure I'm looing 180 degees from that. But the cable pull down machine is right next to it.
  • adrian_indy
    adrian_indy Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    The best way to make sure a guy doesn't bother you is by wearing sweat pants and hitting yourself in the face with a shovel.
  • erzsebet_1560
    Options
    just tell him you are waiting for your partner, that you are in a same sex relationship and you dont fish from that side of the pier.........once he knows youre gay he'll troll elsewhere..........good luck

No way! Most guys I know have a fantasy about hot lesbians getting it on! This guy would never leave then!!! Hahaha!!!
  • yesiamaduck
    yesiamaduck Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    *Browses profile*

You should work on your reppers so they can rep more... date?

Sorry, what are we talking about?

Ah right, in all seriousness have a fart... men don't like to think of women as people with normal bodily functions.. it scares and confuses us
  • Classalete
    Classalete Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    I don't creep I admire.
  • can_tastic
    can_tastic Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I'm afraid that I have been the creeper a time or two. Case in point: ever seen a commercial where a hot girl causes car accidents and stops traffic as men stare at her? Picture me on a treadmill as THE hottest guy I have ever seen in my life walks past.

:embarassed: