Could you eat McDonalds as part of a healthy diet?

Options
fit4mom
fit4mom Posts: 1,352 Member
Emily Strunk is eating McDonald’s for every meal for 31 days straight. But don’t worry, it’s for a good cause.

According to ABC Local, Strunk, of Long Beach,Calif., is raising money for the Ronald McDonald house. The organization means a lot to her because she lost her brother from brian cancer at 13 years old.

“McRunnerette,” as some have called her, will end her fast food diet on Oct. 9.

Replies

• fit4mom
    Options
    http://cdn.foodbeast.com.s3.amazonaws.com/content/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/8355709_448x252.jpg
    If the pic doesn't show up(still can't figure that out) Here is the address. She looks amazing! I love this story!
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    to answer your question, yes. and further to the point chazz weaver also ate only McD's everyday, see downsize me
  • Figuringoutme
    Options
    you might me able too, the thought to me is nauseating
    12771844.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    I think you can eat anything and still have a healthy diet. I personally don't like fast food (the taste doesn't appeal to me anymore) but if eaten in moderation - sure, you can enjoy anything and still have a healthy "diet". This is your life and not a "diet". Nothing wrong with enjoying yourself. (I'm saying this as I'm consuming a piece of red velvet cake! lol)
  • andforpoise
    Options
    Wouldn't that still do some damage to your insides though? I guess it all depends on what she eats...
  • fit4mom
    Options
    to answer your question, yes. and further to the point chazz weaver also ate only McD's everyday, see downsize me
    Totally love this. Your genius is showing. I love it when I see someone finding a creative way to support a worthy cause.
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    I eat it often. Once every week or two.
  • wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options
    You can eat it low calories, yes...
  • fit4mom
    Options
    She was doing it every day every meal for 31 days straight. She's an awesome runner.
    Here's the article:
    http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/story?section=news/local/los_angeles&id=8355637
  • michaelynj
    Options
    I think you can eat whatever you want as long as you stay within your calorie limit and drink lots of water. I don't necessarily eat McDonald's, but I eat Chipotles and Buffalo Wild Wings at least 3-4 times a week and still losing weight
  • fit4mom
    Options
    It's interesting to see that the value of why she's doing it is being overlooked, in favor of justifying the act of eating fast food.
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    Emily Strunk is eating McDonald’s for every meal for 31 days straight. But don’t worry, it’s for a good cause.

According to ABC Local, Strunk, of Long Beach,Calif., is raising money for the Ronald McDonald house. The organization means a lot to her because she lost her brother from brian cancer at 13 years old.

it's been done before...the Morgan Spurlock film "supersize this". why is this person bothering? is there some new research that Morgan's movie didn't disclose??
  • spgabby86
    spgabby86 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
    I think you can eat anything and still have a healthy diet. I personally don't like fast food (the taste doesn't appeal to me anymore) but if eaten in moderation - sure, you can enjoy anything and still have a healthy "diet". This is your life and not a "diet". Nothing wrong with enjoying yourself. (I'm saying this as I'm consuming a piece of red velvet cake! lol)

I so agree...2 Thumbs up...with an extra piece of red velvet :love:
  • RunLiftEat
    RunLiftEat Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    There is a difference between eating low cal and eating healthy. You can lose weight eating nothing but mccrapalds. It will eventually effect your health though since the food is garbage, contains plenty of chemicals, and lacks nutritional value. I don't consider most fast food, food. It's just processed garbage imo.
  • chefchazz
    Options
    luvs the name chazz!:bigsmile:
  • fatgirlslove
    fatgirlslove Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    I eat their salads and grilled chicken sandwiches often as I do not cook lol
  • fit4mom
    Options

it's been done before...the Morgan Spurlock film "supersize this". why is this person bothering? is there some new research that Morgan's movie didn't disclose??
    That's a little cynical. Her brother died from brain cancer at 13 so she's supporting an organization that means allot to her in honer of her brother. Why bother is like saying cancer will always be there, ho hum, just let them die. It's kinda mean. I thought more people on here would have appreciated the kind heartedness of another to do something they have as a gift (marathon running) and utalize it for others (incorporating the Ronald Mcdonald house which helps many kids and families.
  • Megan2Project
    Megan2Project Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    You can eat the salad, and half the dressing, you can have a chicken sandwich hold the mayo, you can drink milk or water, you can have apple slices, or muffins, egg mcmuffins... While it may not be "ideal", and it may be extra challenging you *could* do it in a healthier manner. Its not all about Big Mac, French Fries and Milkshakes.
  • kimberly702
    kimberly702 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    In my opinion, no way. It could be part of a low cal diet... but healthy, nope. It's so processed and full of sodium and junk. After I started using MFP and eating healthy, there have been days when we need a quick meal and picked up McDonalds and I feel so crappy after eating it, I'm talking headache, sluggish... bathroom "problems". I can't imagine eating it for 31 days straight. Whoever is doing that, well they can do whatever they want I guess. Stuffing myself with fast food and risking my health sure doesn't seem like a good way to raise support for a good cause. Raise they money by having a 5k or something.
  • drog2323
    drog2323 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    Lose weight...yes. But healthy....not sure about that one. I guess its how one defines healthy.