Level 1 of the 30 day Shred - Open Group

Options
Day 2: So, I woke up this morning and was shocked at how sore my upper body was! I am curious to see how this might effect my work out today. Regardless (once my boyfriend wakes up, so I don't wake him) I will get to it and let you know how it goes...

As a side note, I thought it would be fun if we could all update each other on our progress after we complete the first level (i.e. weight change and/or change in inches). I hope everyone is having a great day and look forward to your posts :)

Replies

• shellimus
    shellimus Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I did day two yesterday also. I was a little sore also.

Are you going to take any days off or work 30 days straight through?
  • emyishardcore
    emyishardcore Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    sure. :) But how would it work exactly?
  • jvinmill
    jvinmill Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    I can't speak for everyone, but my plan is to do 30 days straight through. My Christmas vacation will be in Florida this year, and I want to shred some inches before dawning my swimsuit :)
  • melizerd
    melizerd Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 8 and days 3 and 4 were SOOOOOREE. It got better after that and I'm not really sore the rest of the day now. I'm trying to do it straight to Christmas too!
  • poloplayer76
    Options
    were you able to do day 1 without stopping at all - i sure cudnt
  • jvinmill
    Options
    Hi Emy,
    A few other people and I started Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred yesterday. We posted our current weight and if possible our measurements. The idea is that we will follow the program (hopefully as prescribed, but certainly do what is best for you) and support each other along the way. And as we finish each level we can update one another on our progress (i.e. change in our weight or measurements).
    sure. :) But how would it work exactly?
  • wannabalozer
    Options
    This is my second time doing the Shred. I got fantastic results the first time around in April and am looking for similar results again! Today was my 3rd day. I plan to do it straight through.
  • jvinmill
    Options
    Congratulations on making it to day 8. It sounds like you are well on your way :)
    I'm on day 8 and days 3 and 4 were SOOOOOREE. It got better after that and I'm not really sore the rest of the day now. I'm trying to do it straight to Christmas too!
  • Liza121
    Options
    I only got through 6 min yesterday (long day lol) but completed level 1 today. My plan (barring any unforeseen issues - have to work around hubby's schedule) is to do One day shred, one day gym, one day off and repeat. My legs feel like jelly though so we'll see lol
  • jvinmill
    Options
    I think I took one 15 second rest, but aside from that I was able to push through it. But, I have been on this journey to lose weight for a little while now... mostly been running over the last couple of months... but, our endurance levels may be a bit different. I am sure there will be plenty of others on here though that found themselves in the same boat. We are all on a path to improvement :)
    were you able to do day 1 without stopping at all - i sure cudnt
  • jvinmill
    Options
    I am hoping for some great results too! And I find it encouraging that you are willing to do it again. Best of luck on your 3rd day :)
    This is my second time doing the Shred. I got fantastic results the first time around in April and am looking for similar results again! Today was my 3rd day. I plan to do it straight through.
  • Kaimana94
    Kaimana94 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Day two...was sore, but only stopped twice. Maybe I should of bought lighter barbells. The 10 pounders hurt.:yawn:
  • jvinmill
    Options
    Liza,
    I am so happy for you that you were able to get through it today :)
    I only got through 6 min yesterday (long day lol) but completed level 1 today. My plan (barring any unforeseen issues - have to work around hubby's schedule) is to do One day shred, one day gym, one day off and repeat. My legs feel like jelly though so we'll see lol
  • jvinmill
    Options
    I think they recommend using no more than 5. If you are finding it too difficult with 10, I too would recommend going to a lighter weight. I am using 5 and still finding it quite difficult (mind you I don't have a lot of upper body strength).
    Day two...was sore, but only stopped twice. Maybe I should of bought lighter barbells. The 10 pounders hurt.:yawn:
  • jvinmill
    Options
    Alright. So, I just finished Day 2 of the 30 day shred. Though I felt a bit stronger than yesterday, the soreness added to the difficulty. So, the way I see it, as the soreness disappears... my capability will seem greater than when I first started. Overall, I am really liking this and think it is going to be very effective. Looking forward to Day 3 tomorrow :)
  • curlygirlcami
    curlygirlcami Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Can I join in? I'm looking for a group to help me get motivated and lose more weight before Christmas!

I will be starting tomorrow. I have the DVD and have started this program before but never finished it. I think if I try to complete it by Christmas, that will keep me moving. :-)

Can't wait to see everyone's results!
  • jvinmill
    Options
    Of course! Everyone is welcome :) The more the merrier! Adding you now.
    Can I join in? I'm looking for a group to help me get motivated and lose more weight before Christmas!

I will be starting tomorrow. I have the DVD and have started this program before but never finished it. I think if I try to complete it by Christmas, that will keep me moving. :-)

Can't wait to see everyone's results!
  • katherinesnell
    Options
    I would love to join too please : ) I started it today. I had a halfhearted attempt at it earlier on in the year, but this time I'm absolutely determined to follow it through for the full 30 days.

I bought a gorgeous dress off eBay to wear on Christmas Day....but the zip just will not do up!!! I'm determined to get in that dress with the zip up!
  • juliep1974
    juliep1974 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 5 - day 3 I was the most sore but pushed through and haven't really been sore since. I'm blown away that some of you have been doing it with 10 lb weights! Nice job! I use 3 lbs for the shoulders and still can't get through the whole thing and then 5 lbs for back and biceps (and could probably do eight). I'm going to start skipping between levels 1 and 2 tomorrow just to change it up a bit as I'm getting a bit bored doing the same routine. I haven't decided whether or not to go straight through - I'll probably take days off here and there but we'll see. It is a great workout that doesn't take a lot of time so I'm really enjoying it.
  • bexm1
    bexm1 Posts: 4
    Options
    This is my 2nd day doing level 1! would love to join here! I was also wondering how much calories do you put in your diary for the 20min level 1 workout?