Level 1 of the 30 day Shred - Open Group

Options

Replies

• wordsofafeather
    Options
    I did Day 1 today & it was pretty great :) I recorded my measurements on my page but I'll post all my stats here too. I can't step on the scale right now though, I'd go into depression lmfao

I'm not sure if I'm measuring correctly but I just did the biggest part. With the waist I did at my belly button. My chest I measured around where my sport's bra band is.

~ STATS ~

Height: 4'11"
    SW (2010): 130
    SW (on MFP): 115
    CW: Probably 100-105
    GW: 90ish if untoned (but who really wants that?!)
    UG: TONED, FIT, & FABULOUS! (No weight, just basing off how I feel when I get there)

Waist: 29
    Thighs: 19.5
    Arms: 10
    Hips: 32
    Chest: 28
    Neck: 12

Oh! & I was able to do the whole thing without stopping more than 3 seconds AND I tried to keep moving whenever she stopped in-between exercises. :) SOOO proud of myself!! I'd have never been able to this time last year! <3

**If anyone wants to be buddies, add me:) I like the support ha
  • califigureeight
    Options
    I'm going to join you all!

I will do Day 1 tonight and make it a point to check in often.

I have a couple of questions that I need clarity on:

1. Are you following a spcial diet or simply using the MFP guidelines?
    2. Do you do the Shred for 30 days straight OR a certain days on/off? If the later...how many?

I want the maximum results. At the same time I'm starting at 266 pounds (5'6") and my highest activity level is walking on the treadmill at 3.0 for 45 minutes.
  • califigureeight
    Options
    This is my 2nd day doing level 1! would love to join here! I was also wondering how much calories do you put in your diary for the 20min level 1 workout?

This is going to vary by person depending on sex, height, weight, etc. I plan to use my HRM.
  • jvinmill
    jvinmill Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Sounds like the perfect motivation. Welcome :)
    I would love to join too please : ) I started it today. I had a halfhearted attempt at it earlier on in the year, but this time I'm absolutely determined to follow it through for the full 30 days.

I bought a gorgeous dress off eBay to wear on Christmas Day....but the zip just will not do up!!! I'm determined to get in that dress with the zip up!
  • jvinmill
    Options
    You're on the 5th day and are bored already?!
    I'm on day 5 - day 3 I was the most sore but pushed through and haven't really been sore since. I'm blown away that some of you have been doing it with 10 lb weights! Nice job! I use 3 lbs for the shoulders and still can't get through the whole thing and then 5 lbs for back and biceps (and could probably do eight). I'm going to start skipping between levels 1 and 2 tomorrow just to change it up a bit as I'm getting a bit bored doing the same routine. I haven't decided whether or not to go straight through - I'll probably take days off here and there but we'll see. It is a great workout that doesn't take a lot of time so I'm really enjoying it.
  • jvinmill
    Options
    I entered 20 min of circuit training. From what I have ready, this is the common thing to do.
    This is my 2nd day doing level 1! would love to join here! I was also wondering how much calories do you put in your diary for the 20min level 1 workout?
  • jvinmill
    Options
    Welcome! Adding you now :)
    I did Day 1 today & it was pretty great :) I recorded my measurements on my page but I'll post all my stats here too. I can't step on the scale right now though, I'd go into depression lmfao

I'm not sure if I'm measuring correctly but I just did the biggest part. With the waist I did at my belly button. My chest I measured around where my sport's bra band is.

~ STATS ~

Height: 4'11"
    SW (2010): 130
    SW (on MFP): 115
    CW: Probably 100-105
    GW: 90ish if untoned (but who really wants that?!)
    UG: TONED, FIT, & FABULOUS! (No weight, just basing off how I feel when I get there)

Waist: 29
    Thighs: 19.5
    Arms: 10
    Hips: 32
    Chest: 28
    Neck: 12

Oh! & I was able to do the whole thing without stopping more than 3 seconds AND I tried to keep moving whenever she stopped in-between exercises. :) SOOO proud of myself!! I'd have never been able to this time last year! <3

**If anyone wants to be buddies, add me:) I like the support ha
  • jvinmill
    Options
    Great! Glad you could join us :)

1. No special diet. Just following MFP guidelines to lose a pound per week. My diary is open.
    2. How you do the shred is up to you. It was designed for 30 days straight, but not everyone choses to follow this, as you may have seen from some posters above. I, however, will be doing this for 30 days straight. I am prepping to start Insanity in the new year.
    I'm going to join you all!

I will do Day 1 tonight and make it a point to check in often.

I have a couple of questions that I need clarity on:

1. Are you following a spcial diet or simply using the MFP guidelines?
    2. Do you do the Shred for 30 days straight OR a certain days on/off? If the later...how many?

I want the maximum results. At the same time I'm starting at 266 pounds (5'6") and my highest activity level is walking on the treadmill at 3.0 for 45 minutes.
  • serinamae97
    Options
    i started today and managed to make it through the brutal first workout, i also run on the treadmill one day and the elliptical the next for at least 20 minutes for extra cardio to add to this

stats;
    weight: 187
    smallest part of waist: 33
    above bellybutton:38.5
    hips:39.5
    right arm:12
    right thigh:25.5
    chest: 35.5
    neck:13.5

you can add me if you want too :)
  • califigureeight
    Options
    Thanks much! I'm about to give it a try :)
  • califigureeight
    Options
    1. neck--15
    2. shoulders--51
    3. chest--47
    4. left bicep--20
    5. right bicep--20
    6. left forearm--13
    7. right forearm--13
    8. stomach (across your fullest point)--47
    9. hips (across your fullest point)--51
    10. left thigh--34
    11. right thigh--32
    12. left calve--19
    13. right calve--19
    TOTAL INCHES: 381
    START WEIGHT: 267.6
  • jvinmill
    Options
    Congrats on making it through the first one. Only 29 more to go ;) Thanks for sharing your starting measurements. Added :)
    i started today and managed to make it through the brutal first workout, i also run on the treadmill one day and the elliptical the next for at least 20 minutes for extra cardio to add to this

stats;
    weight: 187
    smallest part of waist: 33
    above bellybutton:38.5
    hips:39.5
    right arm:12
    right thigh:25.5
    chest: 35.5
    neck:13.5

you can add me if you want too :)
  • jvinmill
    Options
    Thanks for sharing your starting measurements :)
    1. neck--15
    2. shoulders--51
    3. chest--47
    4. left bicep--20
    5. right bicep--20
    6. left forearm--13
    7. right forearm--13
    8. stomach (across your fullest point)--47
    9. hips (across your fullest point)--51
    10. left thigh--34
    11. right thigh--32
    12. left calve--19
    13. right calve--19
    TOTAL INCHES: 381
    START WEIGHT: 267.6
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    I am on level 1, I just did day 6 today, I did not measure myself before I started this, but I did measure myself yesterday

43 in waste
    37 in chest
    24 in thigh
    14 in caf
    12.5 in arm
    45 in hips
    15 in neck

I started in when I started this weighing 185 I'm at 179 right now.

I have noticed my mommy pooch I thought I'd never lose is shrinking. I can see a huge difference already in just 6 days.

Yes I was very sore the first day, I'm still sore today, but its more in my legs then upper body. My upper body is sore but not like my legs. However I do a lot of leg exercises, and do more then just the 30 day shred.
  • jvinmill
    Options
    Congrats on making it this far, and welcome to the group!! Also, congrats on the loss!! That is very encouraging for those of us who just started :)
    I am on level 1, I just did day 6 today, I did not measure myself before I started this, but I did measure myself yesterday

43 in waste
    37 in chest
    24 in thigh
    14 in caf
    12.5 in arm
    45 in hips
    15 in neck

I started in when I started this weighing 185 I'm at 179 right now.

I have noticed my mommy pooch I thought I'd never lose is shrinking. I can see a huge difference already in just 6 days.

Yes I was very sore the first day, I'm still sore today, but its more in my legs then upper body. My upper body is sore but not like my legs. However I do a lot of leg exercises, and do more then just the 30 day shred.
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the welcome :). I had a friend who watched a preview and read a review on the 30 Day shred and she told me that there is no way she could do it. Honestly, 3 months ago I would have said the same thing, but my response to that is, 3 months ago I didn't want to do it. I wrote a blog post about this today :).
  • Hi! I am Nikki! I am on day 2 of 30 day workout. My feet are sore from vigorous workout yesterday. My routine includes walking and yoga. Got to shed pounds by december ending.:happy: :happy:
  • jvinmill
    Options
    Hi Nikki and welcome :) I finished day 2 today and am SORE as well!
    Hi! I am Nikki! I am on day 2 of 30 day workout. My feet are sore from vigorous workout yesterday. My routine includes walking and yoga. Got to shed pounds by december ending.:happy: :happy:
  • Hi JvinMill! Thank you :) Good, so we are sailing on the same boat :):) Let us see what Day 3 has in store for us ;):bigsmile:

Hi Nikki and welcome :) I finished day 2 today and am SORE as well!
    Hi! I am Nikki! I am on day 2 of 30 day workout. My feet are sore from vigorous workout yesterday. My routine includes walking and yoga. Got to shed pounds by december ending.:happy: :happy:
  • dcrater
    dcrater Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Going to start this tomorrow morning. Just found this site and LOVE it!! Hopefully I can take measurements also before I can begin. Good luck, all!