Level 1 of the 30 day Shred - Open Group

Options

Replies

• califigureeight
    Options
    I just finished Day 1...Please tell me that it'll get easier. I had to keep stopping to catch my breath and super modify the moves.
  • serenity56
    serenity56 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I just put a hold on the DVD at the library. It's coming from another town so it might be a couple of days, but I'm psyched to get into, too! Good to hear that you are all getting a lot out of it just a couple days into it! =o)
  • jvinmill
    jvinmill Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    It definitely will and it is great that you kept with it!
    I just finished Day 1...Please tell me that it'll get easier. I had to keep stopping to catch my breath and super modify the moves.
  • jvinmill
    Options
    I am psyched at the HUGE response this group has received and look forward to the supporting each and every one of you on your journey to a healthier you.
  • sbb4406
    Options
    Hi, I'd like to join :)

I've actually attempted 30DS more times than I can count now lol... I never go past level 1. I either get bored, or have to take too many days off for one reason or another and get discouraged. I'm determined to finish all 3 levels by the end of December though. So... I'll be starting tomorrow! I'm only going to spend a week on level 1 though so I don't risk boredom, since I've done that one so many times already. haha
  • MrsFelton2010
    MrsFelton2010 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Bump for later! I am thinking of starting this dec 1st and going straight through till my wedding anniversary on the 27th :bigsmile:
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options

By day 3 I did not need to take any more breaks. I'm not saying it'll be that fast or that slow for you. It just depends. Today when I did it, I found that I had to stop to get some water, they don't do water breaks like zumba does LOL. But other then that I have found the motivation to push myself. What I do to keep going and pushing through it is I keep saying "It's only 20 minutes a day, that's not long you can push through the pain for 20 minutes." and that is usually enough to help. Also when I really struggle to even get started, I go back to a thread where people were showing the out come of their bodies before and after photo's which helps as well. I seen a girl with the exact body type as mine and seen the out come for her and I'm determine to shred. Good luck and hope it won't be long for you to push through it.

While yes it gets boring and Jillian's voice starts to get annoying, I tune it out (her voice) and keep going. 30 day's isn't really that long, and as long as my body is burning, then it can't be that boring :)
  • jvinmill
    Options
    Thanks Mama,
    Your insight is appreciated :)
  • fitnowandforever
    fitnowandforever Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I'm gonna do it :) Did it early this year, loved it, but eventually fell off the wagon of exercising and never finished it. I've been pretty consistent so far, and wanna be my best for Christmas :) Seeing some people after years, and I am SICK. and TIRED. of those sloth comments :P Starting it tomorrow, hopefully the scale will budge!
  • rosiebug
    rosiebug Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Count me in! :)

I just finished day 2 of level 1 and my upper body and abs were definitely sore today! I have to modify some of the jumping cardio moves since I live in an upstairs apt and have minor knee problems. Otherwise I seem to be making it through okay except for those darn pushups! My goal is to go 30 days straight.

Good luck to everyone else!
  • jvinmill
    Options
    Hi Rosiebug,
    I find the push ups tough too. But, we won't get any better unless we practice right? Glad you could join us :)
  • curlygirlcami
    curlygirlcami Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Just completed Day 1, Level 1. It was hard, but I am hoping it will get easier. I tried to do this last year and it was REALLY hard. I think I am a lot stronger than I was before, so hopefully that will help with the endurance.

It's great to read everyone's experiences so far!
  • jvinmill
    Options
    Check out Mama's progress pix. They are incredible!!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/407062-30-day-shred-progress-pix
  • aisylu2
    aisylu2 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I want join. Please add me. I will start day 1 today.
  • jvinmill
    Options
    Day 3, Level 1: I don't know about you guys, but I am READY for a CHANGE!! Woke up today...still sore, but I am taking that as a sign that Jillian is working me good. I just completed Day 3. It seemed to go by a little faster than previous days, which is a good thing. My left knee is a little tender, but I am hoping it strengthens with the rest of me. No stopping now, I need this. Day 4 tomorrow :D
  • katherinesnell
    Options
    Well I've survived Day 2! Whoop! Can really feel my tummy muscles and also feel it in my calfs this evening. I've added a few of you as friends from this group, hope u don't mind. I must have been a bit click happy because MFP told me I couldn't add anyone else after 5 requests in ten mins! Lol!

Bought some actual hand weights today, I used Evian water bottles yesterday but I couldnt grip them very well doing the side lunges, MUCH better with real weights.

Good luck everyone with Day 3.

Over and out from rainy Wales x
  • jvinmill
    Options
    I think it's great if you guys add one another. The more cohesive the group, the better we can support one another. Congrats on completing Day 2! I bet the real weights will give you a better work out now too :)

Well I've survived Day 2! Whoop! Can really feel my tummy muscles and also feel it in my calfs this evening. I've added a few of you as friends from this group, hope u don't mind. I must have been a bit click happy because MFP told me I couldn't add anyone else after 5 requests in ten mins! Lol!

Bought some actual hand weights today, I used Evian water bottles yesterday but I couldnt grip them very well doing the side lunges, MUCH better with real weights.

Good luck everyone with Day 3.

Over and out from rainy Wales x
  • sbb4406
    Options
    Level 1, Day 1. I wasn't as winded as I used to be when doing this, but I think I'll attribute that to having done some Turbo Jam beforehand (causing me to slack off) instead of me being in better shape. I decided to do push ups against a wall instead, and that worked out pretty well so I'll stick to that. My arms are definitely going to be sore tomorrow lol
  • Kaimana94
    Kaimana94 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Level one day 3. It is still hard and I'm still very sore. Hope this get easier.
  • rosiebug
    rosiebug Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Just finished Day 3! I wasn't sure I was going to be able to do it because I've been a bit under the weather today, but I made myself find the energy to do it! It seems to be getting easier little by little and I'm not as sore now (other than abs).

Good work everyone! Keep on shreddin'! :)