Embarrasing couple behavior

Options

Replies

• CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    Sometimes, I check the text messages on her phone. We're silly like that.
  • wendyw8
    wendyw8 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    my husband and I always tell each other we love you, alot!!!!!! every day and we are affectionate where ever we are, not like gross get a room but hugs and hand holding and kisses (pecks, no tongue action in public lol). and he is big on *kitten* slapping!! :) I find all of this amazing cuz we have been together 12 years!!!
  • jlewis2896
    jlewis2896 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    we high-five after a good romp :)

LOL. We do this too. We also Fat *kitten* it. "Thanks for the night of hot $ex...." Complete with bad accent.
  • JasonD334
    JasonD334 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Boo. We don't do anything fun like that, or anything for that matter.... That's cute, by the way.

Gotta spice it up and have some fun ;)

I do always ask him what I want to eat everywhere we go and "let" him take care of me, lol. We have fun, no worries. Like, we were at the Autorama on Thanksgiving Day and the shoeshine guy wanted to shine my boots. I just looked at him and let him handle it. I know he needs to be needed. =)

LOL... well all guys need to be needed, so you're doing your part ;)
  • teagin2002
    teagin2002 Posts: 1,901 Member
    Options
    We are the couple that makes fun of each other, and fights then in the middle I ask what he wants for dinner like we aren't fighting at all.
    See the thing is we really aren't fighting we are just playing. What we are saying are things we know aren't true at all too, you can count it as blowing off steam. We are usually aware of not doing it in public, but sometimes it just gets out.
    This last weekend for instance we were both very tired and were kidding each other on the bench in the mall. I ended up poking him in his tickle spot, he grabbed me and put me in a sleeper hold. Then said I will choke you..... I said wrong country then we just kept laughing.

Any way we just play with each other and have a lot f fun. I can't imagine being as happy with anyone else, just the way he makes me laugh its awesome.

Just so you know the where the sleeper hold comes from, we play wrestle, and most of the time I win.
  • Nikki582
    Nikki582 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    You know when you're walking beside someone and they say something dorky so you have an urge to flick your leg out in a funny way and kick them in the butt? (lovingly?)

Well, my husband and I did that the other day.. at the same time.. we totally looked like we were doing "foot fives" how.. freaking.. embarrassing!! haha

And we bump-fists more than we high five :p
  • BNUG
    BNUG Posts: 10
    Options
    Everywhere me and my husband go, its always "no you choose" "no you" etc etc. for ever then its "fine lets _____" and he complains and i smack him, we are also that couple in the grocery store acting like 12 year olds with the impulse buying but we totally even each other. We also to the "I love you" 5 million times a day lol. and I'm babybear and he's hunnybear....out best friends even call us this lol We also do this stupid thing...pinky swear and kiss it....to EVERYYTHING!!!!
  • MissO﹠A
    MissO﹠A Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    We do a "pinky finger bet" thing when we expect someone to do something stupid whilst driving, out in public, etc. It involves a right-hand to right-hand with pinky fingers extended, then wrap my finger around his pinky finger, thumbs up and pushed against each other's whilst pulling our pinky fingers apart. We're odd.

We also curse loudly at each other if we smell unexpected a.s.s. in public in hopes of embarrassing the culprit.
  • catherine4211
    catherine4211 Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    Sometimes, I check the text messages on her phone. We're silly like that.

Thanks for the laugh!!!
  • BuffyEat2Live
    BuffyEat2Live Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    yep, we're high fivers . . . what I want to know is what's up with same side seaters? We can't figure it out, huge booth, and you gotta sit next to each other? I like to look at ya!

We sit on the same side, but it's usually because I'm freezing in restaurants!
  • _CowgirlUp_
    _CowgirlUp_ Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    We pretty much have our own language...words & expressions for things that people think are silly. So silly that most of it is only uttered when we're alone together. "Hatchoo doon?" means, "What are you doing? or How are you doing?" If you read one of our texts or emails to each other, you'd have to read carefully to figure out what it is we're actually saying to each other!

We also have this thing we do when one asks the other "how much?" (Meaning, how much do you love me?) Then the other rattles off some numbers like, "six, thirteen, ninety four, seven, thirty three...and a half." The one that asks then says something like, "Dang, that's a LOT!" or "Wow, I'm a lucky guy/girl!"

I could go on and on and on...if you're not being silly with your partner, I can't imagine how it's going to last. Have FUN! Fun lasts and memories last. Laughter is key.

Been together 27 years this January 2012.
  • bry_all01
    bry_all01 Posts: 3,100 Member
    Options
    Boo. We don't do anything fun like that, or anything for that matter.... That's cute, by the way.

Gotta spice it up and have some fun ;)

I do always ask him what I want to eat everywhere we go and "let" him take care of me, lol. We have fun, no worries. Like, we were at the Autorama on Thanksgiving Day and the shoeshine guy wanted to shine my boots. I just looked at him and let him handle it. I know he needs to be needed. =)

LOL... well all guys need to be needed, so you're doing your part ;)

I try. Plus, he let me know before, in not so many words it would be nice to be needed, so I let him be the man and show him that I do, in fact, need him as much as I want and adore him. :smile:
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    When someone else is coming towards us in a store aisle, I like to expel silent farts and then walk away suddenly, leaving her as the assumed guilty party.
  • JetzGurl
    JetzGurl Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    :) We fist bump, followed by a 'spirit fingers' explosion.

I guess you just have to see it. We make it look cool.

We do this too!!! Our kids are still young enough that they think it's okay...but I'm waiting for the "you guys look like idiots" comment :laugh:
  • JetzGurl
    JetzGurl Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    yep, we're high fivers . . . what I want to know is what's up with same side seaters? We can't figure it out, huge booth, and you gotta sit next to each other? I like to look at ya!

We do it so we can both get a good view of the game :tongue:
  • staceyseeger
    staceyseeger Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    We call each other "Mom" & "Dad" when we talk to our dog...the dog gets more attention than the kids. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

We even play "hide & seek" from him.

Purely Pathetic! :happy: :happy: :happy:
  • myshell26
    Options
    My husband and I also say we love each other a 100 times a day. LOL! We also have a bad habit of play arguing or teasing each other which makes people think we are really unhappy. We laugh about that a lot.
  • deadstarsunburn
    deadstarsunburn Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options

We do it so we can both get a good view of the game :tongue:

my boyfriend likes sitting next to me at booths lol. Makes me a little uncomfortable at times but he's definitely 50x more of a romantic than me. I think it's kinda cute either way =].
  • caveats
    caveats Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    We talk like 5 year olds.

Me -- "Work was bat-$#@! crazy today."
    Him -- "You're bat-$#@! crazy."
    Me -- "No, you."

Him -- "Watch out for that dip!"
    Me stomping on the brakes, then -- "You're a dip."
    Him -- "No, YOU."
  • NiciS72
    NiciS72 Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    A few things:

We make up lyrics to popular songs about each other or the dogs (he's way better at it)
    We have lots of nicknames for each other
    We are true soul mates-I'll say what he's thinking or he'll say what I'm thinking
    We like to quote movie lines (like "French Fried Taters" or "White Buffalo") out of the blue and giggle our tails off!
    We sit on the couch next to each other and text on Google as well as post about each other online-this cracks up our family!
    When we're driving (especially on long trips) we speak the names of all the signs we see out loud and mispronounce as many as possible i.e. Target is Tar Jay!