Options
jennajava
jennajava Posts: 2,176 Member
No message included, no dice. Thoughts?

Replies

• ♥_Ellybean_♥
    ♥_Ellybean_♥ Posts: 1,646 Member
    Options
    I did this for awhile, and most people just don't put a message down, call is laziness, idk! ... but than I just started adding people, and I go through my list once a week and delete everyone who hasn't logged in for 3-5 days unless I know why they are gone.. helps keep my friends list in control.
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    Depends on their profile pic. Ha!
  • jennajava
    Options
    I did this for awhile, and most people just don't put a message down, call is laziness, idk! ... but than I just started adding people, and I go through my list once a week and delete everyone who hasn't logged in for 3-5 days unless I know why they are gone.. helps keep my friends list in control.

Great policy!
  • jennajava
    Options

LOL! This too. I'm always wary that someone without a pic is a creeper or something.
  • Sublimely_Self_Righteousreused
    Options
    They could just be shy, or speachless in the presence of your beauty.
  • Iamfit4life
    Iamfit4life Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options
    yes decline. It's pretty well known on here it's the polite thing to do.
  • messyinthekitchen
    messyinthekitchen Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    I don't care. I think it's rude that people expect someone to tell them why they want to be friends. Especially when people have private profiles. I think it is rude to add as many people as you want, and then never talk to them. So if I get a friend request I assume they have a reason for wanting to be friends. If they aren't on regularly and they don't talk with me I delete them. I do understand it however for the ones who have accomplished their goals and now they are using the site to motivate. They want people there who need their help and they can't offer it if they have a bunch of friends filling up their page.
  • april_beth
    april_beth Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    They could just be shy, or speachless in the presence of your beauty.

*kitten* kisser :)
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    The bottom line is that there is no way to know, especially with people relatively new to MFP.

I've gotten so I'm quick to accept any request, but quicker to delete as appropriate.
  • SinIsIn
    SinIsIn Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options

this! hahah
  • boehle
    boehle Posts: 5,062 Member
    Options
    Aww he likes her pic, could be a love connection!!
  • wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options
    As long as they don't have duckface pictures, I'll be friends with anyone.
  • Lizzy_Sunflower
    Lizzy_Sunflower Posts: 1,510 Member
    Options
    I always add everyone.

But I keep a shank hidden in my top drawer.

:wink:
  • DietingMommy08
    DietingMommy08 Posts: 1,366 Member
    Options

Exact same thing I do!!!
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    I decline everyone. I'm shy.
  • FunRun08
    FunRun08 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I pretty much accept all requests, but I have started to delete people who have been gone for more than a month, or if they say something that is totally off base with my goals or fitness beliefs. I havent had it happen but I would have no problem deleting someone who was nasty or negative all the time.
  • macpatti
    macpatti Posts: 4,280 Member
    Options
    When I get one without a message, I'll send a message asking why they want to be friends. Like, "Thanks for the FR. Do we have mutual friends, in the same group together, or in a thread"? I've always gotten an answer, and then accepted.
  • lstd
    lstd Posts: 40
    Options

I like your thinking and how you keep your people down.. I try to log on every day (besides tracking food and exercise) and try to comment on my friends comments or progress that is on my wall.. keeps me motivated and them..

As for friend requests I never add a comment.. only cause we all are here for support and ideas... guess never thought to add a comment or message.. : ) BTW I never add people with out pics.. lol
  • jennajava
    Options
    I don't care. I think it's rude that people expect someone to tell them why they want to be friends. Especially when people have private profiles. I think it is rude to add as many people as you want, and then never talk to them. So if I get a friend request I assume they have a reason for wanting to be friends. If they aren't on regularly and they don't talk with me I delete them. I do understand it however for the ones who have accomplished their goals and now they are using the site to motivate. They want people there who need their help and they can't offer it if they have a bunch of friends filling up their page.

Along the same note, I'm always led to think they are "friend-collecting" if they don't include a sincere message.
  • DietingMommy08
    DietingMommy08 Posts: 1,366 Member
    Options
    yes decline. It's pretty well known on here it's the polite thing to do.

What can u really write?!

Hi stranger. lets me friends.

um... why?! Idk... I dnt know you well enough to tell u WHY i wanna be ur friend. U just looked cool.

Lmfao.