Friend Requests

Options

Replies

• macpatti
    macpatti Posts: 4,280 Member
    Options
    I never understood the point of having to have a msg to be someones friend...I accept everyone until they make me feel awkward then they are gone..I guess Im nice that way..I dont see why its so required ! When I first started here I didnt KNOW IT WAS MANDATORY to send a msg for someone to accept you and help you thru the process...man have things changed !!!!!!!!!!

Well, speaking for myself, I tend to get into some heated discussions in the forums (and the Debate Group). I've had someone make a physical threat in one of the forums. So, yeah, I'm wanting a little more info on why someone wants to be my friend.
  • OnMyWeigh464
    OnMyWeigh464 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    I'm a friend requester, and I don't always send a message. I'm not a creepy person or a lazy person. Okay, strike the last comment. I'm struggling with my weight, so I'm a BIT lasy :-p. Sometimes I just don't send a message.

Are we talking about here on MFP or Facebook and other social sites? The reason I ask is this...if someone friends me here on MFP without a message my assumption is that they need support, friendship, someone to talk to who has similar goals (weightloss). So on a site like this one, I don't feel a message is really needed.

On Facebook, I will always message the person if I'm not sure who they are.
  • jennajava
    jennajava Posts: 2,176 Member
    Options
    I'm a friend requester, and I don't always send a message. I'm not a creepy person or a lazy person. Okay, strike the last comment. I'm struggling with my weight, so I'm a BIT lasy :-p. Sometimes I just don't send a message.

Are we talking about here on MFP or Facebook and other social sites? The reason I ask is this...if someone friends me here on MFP without a message my assumption is that they need support, friendship, someone to talk to who has similar goals (weightloss). So on a site like this one, I don't feel a message is really needed.

On Facebook, I will always message the person if I'm not sure who they are.

I can see where you're coming from. I, however, take the same precautions on any web site. :)
  • AylaBean
    AylaBean Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I accept everyone. If they aren't social I will remove them after a while I suppose. But I use this site for support, and I want to help support others. So I give everyone a chance. I have nothing to hide on here so why not accept them.
  • oneIT
    oneIT Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    I only friend people who I see are looking for friends. I feel like a creeper if i just add someone unless I see we have something in common. I usually will send a message along if thats the case though.
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    I accept everyone. If they aren't social I will remove them after a while I suppose. But I use this site for support, and I want to help support others. So I give everyone a chance. I have nothing to hide on here so why not accept them.
    Aylabean's profile is viewable by her friends only.

I love irony. :drinker:
  • macpatti
    macpatti Posts: 4,280 Member
    Options

:flowerforyou:
  • oneIT
    oneIT Posts: 388 Member
    Options

Thats cause she is smart. Unless you like your stuff all over the web.
  • killagb
    Options

Thats cause she is smart. Unless you like your stuff all over the web.
    Take a moment to read what she wrote, kthx.
  • ebramlett
    ebramlett Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    No picture, no message = no friend. Too many wierdos out there. Why would someone want to be your friend without letting you know why? Ex. - friends in common, same goals, live near each other, etc.
  • morganhccstudent724
    morganhccstudent724 Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    ****Please send a friend request with a message and picture. I need to put a face with a name. Also if you do not log in after 30 days you will be deleted. I am here to encourage you and I need people on the same page. Lots of love <3****

^^^This is on my profile. If you do not send a message with you FR, I have to assume you did not take the time to read my info.
  • killagb
    Options
    ****Please send a friend request with a message and picture. I need to put a face with a name. Also if you do not log in after 30 days you will be deleted. I am here to encourage you and I need people on the same page. Lots of love <3****

^^^This is on my profile. If you do not send a message with you FR, I have to assume you did not take the time to read my info.
    Clearly your profile should be taken seriously. You're 87 years old.
  • writtenINthestars
    writtenINthestars Posts: 1,933 Member
    Options
    I generally will not add someone I've never seen on the boards without a message. There have been a few that sent no message that I did accept only because I saw them on mutual friends walls and such.

And sometimes I decline someone with or without a message...if you come off DBaggy, hypocritical, or judgemental...you will be eliminatedl. Easy peasy.
  • morganhccstudent724
    Options

Cause that's a dealbreaker...
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options

Heavens no! You look amazing for your age!
  • chocolateandvodka
    chocolateandvodka Posts: 1,856 Member
    Options
    I never understood the point of having to have a msg to be someones friend...I accept everyone until they make me feel awkward then they are gone..I guess Im nice that way..I dont see why its so required ! When I first started here I didnt KNOW IT WAS MANDATORY to send a msg for someone to accept you and help you thru the process...man have things changed !!!!!!!!!!

PLEASE STOP YELLING AT ME. Who said it was mandatory? I just said I don't.

WAIT JUST A COTTON PICKIN' MINIT!!!!! WHO'S YELLING??????!?!??!?!
  • writtenINthestars
    writtenINthestars Posts: 1,933 Member
    Options

:laugh: Technically one can not yell on the internet..
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options

:laugh: Technically one can not yell on the internet..

YES, BUT WHEN IT'S WRITTEN LIKE THIS IT'S LOUD IN MY HEAD!!!!!!!!! I LIKE WHEN THE VOICES IN MY HEAD SPEAK TO ME SOFTLY!!!!!!

I want a message. Without one I'll let it sit for days while I ponder if I want to add them or not.
  • morganhccstudent724
    Options

Heavens no! You look amazing for your age!

Inspiring MFPer's...one surgery at a time...
  • killagb
    Options

It shows you have a lack of affection for that thing called truth.