Friend Requests

Options

Replies

• ADobs
    ADobs Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    As long as they don't have duckface pictures, I'll be friends with anyone.

HAHAHAH, that's awesome. That is all.
  • jennajava
    jennajava Posts: 2,176 Member
    Options
    I decline everyone. I'm shy.

I always love reading your answers on posts!
  • jennajava
    Options
    yes decline. It's pretty well known on here it's the polite thing to do.

What can u really write?!

Hi stranger. lets me friends.

um... why?! Idk... I dnt know you well enough to tell u WHY i wanna be ur friend. U just looked cool.

Lmfao.

Wow... how about something as simple as, "I saw you on a thread, I like what you said?"
  • jennajava
    Options
    They could just be shy, or speachless in the presence of your beauty.

Haha, thanks. My husband seems to be sometimes, too. :)
  • AwesomelyAmber
    AwesomelyAmber Posts: 1,617 Member
    Options
    Usually I add... I don't always message when requesting a new friend, most times I do. I figure it is easy-peasy to delete as necessary. :bigsmile:
  • jennajava
    Options
    When I get one without a message, I'll send a message asking why they want to be friends. Like, "Thanks for the FR. Do we have mutual friends, in the same group together, or in a thread"? I've always gotten an answer, and then accepted.

Great idea, Patti!
  • DietingMommy08
    DietingMommy08 Posts: 1,366 Member
    Options

um... why?! Idk... I dnt know you well enough to tell u WHY i wanna be ur friend. U just looked cool.

Lmfao.

Wow... how about something as simple as, "I saw you on a thread, I like what you said?"

What if you didnt find them on a thread?! What if u was just being nosey and goin thru a friends friends?! Ive had ppl add me and ive never seen thier name before.
  • jennajava
    Options

Lmfao.

What if you didnt find them on a thread?! What if u was just being nosey and goin thru a friends friends?! Ive had ppl add me and ive never seen thier name before.

Then those are the people I would definitely say no to...that's creepy.
  • jennajava
    Options
    Usually I add... I don't always message when requesting a new friend, most times I do. I figure it is easy-peasy to delete as necessary. :bigsmile:

LOL then you have the whiners saying "whhhhyyyy did you delete me????"
  • DietingMommy08
    Options

Lmfao.

Thats stereotyping.
    Ive gained some of my greatest MFP friends that way. :o)
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    I prefer if I get a friend request after some back and forth on one of the boards. I don't care if their opinion is the same or differs from mine; I just like someone with an opinion.
  • jennajava
    Options

Lmfao.

Thats stereotyping.
    Ive gained some of my greatest MFP friends that way. :o)

Well, I'm glad for you. I, however, would rather err on the side of stereotyping and safety, when it comes to creepers on the interweb.
  • Lizzy_Sunflower
    Lizzy_Sunflower Posts: 1,510 Member
    Options

Lmfao.

Then you might say

"Hi, we have friends in common"

OR

I see how well you support So and So, I would love a friend like that.
  • DietingMommy08
    Options
    I have never sent a message with a friend request so I guess i cant expect somebody else too.
  • ADobs
    ADobs Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I know this is weird but I don't add (or I delete after the fact) people that don't eat enough and workout like crazy!!! For example, people that are only eating like 1,100 calories (when I believe the minimum should be at least 1,200 ESPECIALLY if you work out and burn lkike 500 calories) and who have thei daily calorie goal at like 1,200 WITH exercise. How can people eat this little? I'm not saying they have an eating disorder but I like to look at people's diary and see them eating more than that and therefore I can compare it to myself. I don't say anything to them, I just silently delete and move on :)
  • jennajava
    Options
    I know this is weird but I don't add (or I delete after the fact) people that don't eat enough and workout like crazy!!! For example, people that are only eating like 1,100 calories (when I believe the minimum should be at least 1,200 ESPECIALLY if you work out and burn lkike 500 calories) and who have thei daily calorie goal at like 1,200 WITH exercise. How can people eat this little? I'm not saying they have an eating disorder but I like to look at people's diary and see them eating more than that and therefore I can compare it to myself. I don't say anything to them, I just silently delete and move on :)

I do this, too. I'd prefer to have healthy people on my list.
  • dixiefirefighter
    Options
    Im new to this an is looking to make new friends to compare notes and to challenge each other with excerise
  • jennajava
    Options
    Im new to this an is looking to make new friends to compare notes and to challenge each other with excerise

Step 1, add a pic :)
  • kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    Options
    I just like seeing where people found my name/profile or why they felt compelled to send me a friend's request. If there is no message, I ponder for maybe one quintillionth of one second whether or not to accept.
  • jennajava
    Options
    I just like seeing where people found my name/profile or why they felt compelled to send me a friend's request. If there is no message, I ponder for maybe one quintillionth of one second whether or not to accept.

LOL! Well said.