• jennajava
    jennajava Posts: 2,176 Member
    Options
    I usually flip a coin

lol
  • ADobs
    ADobs Posts: 160 Member
    Options

I do this, too. I'd prefer to have healthy people on my list.

I could not agree with you more :)
  • stresco
    stresco Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    I don't add a note. I don't have time. If I friend request you, its because I see some commonality in our goals, or profile. You can accept or not... I really could care less... I just don't have the time to write a personalized note to everyone. Sorry... It may be rude of me, but its just the way I am.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    I don't add a note. I don't have time. If I friend request you, its because I see some commonality in our goals, or profile. You can accept or not... I really could care less... I just don't have the time to write a personalized note to everyone. Sorry... It may be rude of me, but its just the way I am.

Thank you for making time to post this. :smile:
  • jennajava
    Options

Teehee.
  • stresco
    stresco Posts: 354 Member
    Options

Teehee.

Don't mention it. ;)
  • TeeferTiger
    TeeferTiger Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    No one has ever asked to be my friend <snivels> :sad:

I'm only kidding, I'm not fishing for friends either. I'm quite happy to just come on here, look stuff up, do my diary as and when and keep track of stuff. :smile:
  • DietingMommy08
    DietingMommy08 Posts: 1,366 Member
    Options

^^^^^^^^ sooo me!!!
  • FatGirlSlim899
    FatGirlSlim899 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I decline everyone. I'm shy.

I prefer doing this alone too. I am not on here everyday, so I wouldn't want people asking me why I hadn't logged in, why I haven't had X number of cals a day because that's what they do.. etc etc. I mean I know the majority of people don't do that but most expect interaction, which I am not fond of, being an introverted person.
  • DietingMommy08
    DietingMommy08 Posts: 1,366 Member
    Options
    i could not ignore someone....at least not online im not an ahole

Exactly. Its a dieting website for us to ENCOURAGE people, not ignore them because we dont like the way they look or because they didnt think to send a message with thier request.
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    I always accept women even without a message.. With men I will accept but then I quickly check out their profile to see if they're active, whether they have other friends, whether they have male friends too, etc. If something is off I will delete. And my instincts have been right so far.
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options

Exactly. Its a dieting website for us to ENCOURAGE people, not ignore them because we dont like the way they look or because they didnt think to send a message with thier request.
    Especially to think that either of those things somehow makes them NOT a creeper. Yeah...that's solid logic. :huh:
  • chocolateandvodka
    chocolateandvodka Posts: 1,856 Member
    Options
    no pic, no friend. no message, meh... it depends on whether you pass my superficiality test.

if you're message is especially creative, you win. and if you jam my news feed full of nonsense, no amount of good looks can save your *kitten*.
  • jennajava
    Options

Especially to think that either of those things somehow makes them NOT a creeper. Yeah...that's solid logic. :huh:

:laugh:
  • macpatti
    macpatti Posts: 4,280 Member
    Options

I'm confused. I do not have to encourage every, single person on here just because it's a fitness site. I will absolutely ignore people if I don't appreciate their picture or because I don't receive a message after requesting one. Not sure how that's considered being an "ahole".
  • jennajava
    Options

I'm confused. I do not have to encourage every, single person on here just because it's a fitness site. I will absolutely ignore people if I don't appreciate their picture or because I don't receive a message after requesting one. Not sure how that's considered being an "ahole".

This person didn't make the "ahole" comment. But-- the logic is definitely flawed.
  • skinnywithin
    skinnywithin Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    I never understood the point of having to have a msg to be someones friend...I accept everyone until they make me feel awkward then they are gone..I guess Im nice that way..I dont see why its so required ! When I first started here I didnt KNOW IT WAS MANDATORY to send a msg for someone to accept you and help you thru the process...man have things changed !!!!!!!!!!
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    So, it's bad to choose ones friends? I should feel obligated to let anyone see my comments, progress, diary, pics, etc.?
  • jennajava
    Options
    I never understood the point of having to have a msg to be someones friend...I accept everyone until they make me feel awkward then they are gone..I guess Im nice that way..I dont see why its so required ! When I first started here I didnt KNOW IT WAS MANDATORY to send a msg for someone to accept you and help you thru the process...man have things changed !!!!!!!!!!

PLEASE STOP YELLING AT ME. Who said it was mandatory? I just said I don't.
  • jennajava
    Options
    So, it's bad to choose ones friends? I should feel obligated to let anyone see my comments, progress, diary, pics, etc.?

Yes, because you are a mean, bad person if you do not.