Updated, Exercise, Diet "How I did it" 274lbs to 188 in 5 mo

Options
Sorry for the re-post guys, but after all the messages I got asking "How I did it" I figured I'd make another thread with an in-depth guide on how I went from 274 to 188 in 5 months. Pictures will be below.

First off, I'll start with the diet. Let's begin :)

- Calories: 1,400
- Protein: 150g or more.
- stay below 1,800-2,000mg of salt. Why? FOR ME - Anymore then this causes me to hold water weight. Have you ever had days where you worked you *kitten* of doing cardio, weightlifting or whatever? You though the next day for sure you would lose weight...and you didn't? FOR ME - I had plenty of these days. After I started watching my sodium intake, I never had another day like that.
- Carbs: stay around 180-200.

Types of food I usually eat:
- Steak (Filet Mignon)
- Tilapia filet.
- Chicken tenderloins.
- Apple&Cinnamon oats.
- Healthy choice meals. (Most of them are loaded w/ salt so watch out)
- Salad w/ chicken and light ranch dressing.

Exercise: Cardio!
At the beginning when I was at my heaviest, my exercise was jogging 1 mile 2x a day at about 3.2mph on an 2 inch incline. Taking 1 rest day on Sundays to recover. About 2 months into my diet I increased the speed and distance gradually. I am now doing 1.5-1.7 miles 2x daily at 4.2mph on an 4 inch incline. Still taking Sundays off.

A little tip: Doing cardio in the morning about 30-45 minutes after you wake up is AMAZING for PURE fat loss.

Cheat days: I usually don't do them. People always tell me "you should reward yourself!" I just don't think one cheat day is worth a 3-4 day set back.

Motivation: I'd say most of it came from my dad, but not in a good way. He's 52 years old and has had two massive heart attacks and has high bp and diabetes on both side of his family. I don't want to end up like that.

A few more tips!

Feeling hungry at night before bed? I've been there, trust me. The best thing to do is drink about 10oz of water at a fast pace. In 15-20 minutes that feeling of hunger will go away. :)

I hope I helped guys. Here are some before and after pictures.

Beginning (June) 274lbs. ery8hh.png

November (Now) 188lbs. AWKARD POSE, WAS MESSING AROUND HAHA. j7c7sj.jpg
30w10mt.jpg

Feel free to add me as a friend on here! Take care guys and good luck on your goals!

18 pounds to go until my goal weight!

Replies

• Newf77
    Newf77 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    Thank you for shareing.
  • nellyb2011
    nellyb2011 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your success! You have done an amazing job!
  • kittytrix
    kittytrix Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I think the salt thing gets me every time.
  • fiberartist219
    fiberartist219 Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    I appreciate you telling us how you did it! I can't fall asleep hungry, and that advice is much needed. :)
  • sixpacking
    sixpacking Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Wouzzers...............GREAT JOB!! Awesome work...I'm telling you, hard work pays off!
  • Raiderxx
    Raiderxx Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Good **** man! I started at around the same weight and my goal is 180 so seeing you do this in 5 months has really given me hope! :D
  • Orvett
    Orvett Posts: 83
    Options
    Wow good job!!
  • Orvett
    Orvett Posts: 83
    Options
    Wow good job!!
  • cherbapp
    cherbapp Posts: 322
    Options
    Awesome!! Thanks for the tips!! I have been sticking to 1300 calories, and lost 15 pounds in a month (after almost a year off) but nothing in the last week! The sodium might just be my problem. I am working out fairly similar to the program you stuck with.

It's so encouraging to see your results! :) I appreciate you sharing!

BTW, my husband was motivated kinda like you...his parents are both severely overweight and his mom ended up in the hospital last spring...my husband promptly lost his excess 30 pounds and eats way healthier now.
  • AnthonyScalco
    Options
    Thanks guys! I really appreciate the positive comments. Also, feel free to msg me on any questions you may have.
  • vventure23
    vventure23 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Looking awesome!! Congrats :)
  • Tangerine302
    Tangerine302 Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Good for you! :)
  • kristy2671
    Options
    You look great! Thank you for sharing your story!
  • AnthonyScalco
    Options
    Thank you :)
  • marphydoll
    marphydoll Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing! Way to go!
  • AnthonyScalco
    Options
    Thank you for sharing! Way to go!

Thank you! You're welcome :)
  • AnthonyScalco
    Options
    I'll start being more active on here and actually putting down what I eat exactly. Apparently people want to see my food log :)
    I'll start that up tomorrow. Take care, good night all.
  • CanuckLove
    CanuckLove Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    Amazing results hottie!!!! You look awesome!
  • AnthonyScalco
    Options
    Amazing results hottie!!!! You look awesome!

Ah, thanks.
  • itzn1colex3
    Options
    hunny, ur sooo amazing.. im so proud of you. i love you and keep up the good work =]
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!