Horse Burgers

Options

Replies

• FatassFairy
    FatassFairy Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    How is horse meat different from beef? Has anyone here tried it?

I'm guessing that horses are more intelligent than cattle -- but does a horse somehow have more of a "soul" than cow, or something?

Hell, I'd try it.

Have you ever tried milking a horse :laugh:

i imagaine you can milk a mare, if you are feeling adventurous , though i am sure its has been and is being done somewhere
  • brit49
    brit49 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    He** no! Im going to stay it again, He** no!
  • KnottyJen
    KnottyJen Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options
    What should it be called? Like, beef is cow, pork is pig. I say we should call it Heef.

LMFAO!!!

I don't think I could bring myself to eat horse. Dog either..... But then when I think about beef or pork as an actual animal and not just meat, that sorta freaks me out too.

I don't intend on becoming a vegetarian or vegan any time soon, though, so I'll just compartmentalize and pretend like meat wasn't once a breathing, mooing/oinking/squawking animal once upon a time....
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    I ate cow tongue and chicken hearts one time. i wouldn't recommend either.
    Depends on the preparation. :happy:
  • Scott613
    Scott613 Posts: 2,317 Member
    Options
    Gives a new meaning to the phrase "I'm so hungry I could eat a horse"........
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    As long as it's properly labeled so I can avoid it. It damn well better be! I grew up riding horses. I did not grow up riding cows. That's all the difference needed for me to avoid it.

I really hope after I lose this weight I can go vegetarian again and be healthy like I used to be.
  • llamalland
    llamalland Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    As a horse owner, I would not eat it. I have tried llama meat however, and I own them, too. (He was a MEAN sucker!). Pretty good. I also have raised beef and chickens, and when you raise them for that purpose, it doesn't mess with your head. It's a psychological thing I think, and our U.S. society has a much more limited sense of "accepted source" for meat than most of the rest of the world. Many Asian countries eat cats and dogs, and according to some of the programs on the Travel Channel, waaay more gross, inedible things!

And in spite of the previous ban on processing horse meat, I have no doubt that many "slaughter house" horses found their way to the dinner table... Google exotic meats, and you'll find lots of things listed you would never think were marketed/available in the U.S.

That being said, I won't eat horse meat, or cow brains. Tongue, liver, heart, etc can be very good! Luckily for me, ground turkey-my primary source of 'diet protein'-isn't on anyone's gross list! ;-)
  • GorillaNJ
    GorillaNJ Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    Probably better then the rat that gets disguised in my General Tso Chicken......

If you got it from McDonalds it would be 75% filler anyways...
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    I'll try just about anyone once. More than once if I like it.
    Wow, not sure what that has to do with horse meat...unless you're making an analogy. :laugh:
  • WillieEverlearn
    WillieEverlearn Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Horse meat? Yukky-poo! Best to stick to yummy delicious things like gummy bears, marshmallows and Jell-o.

You know, those things they make from boiled bones and skin.
  • BeeElMarvin
    BeeElMarvin Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    I prefer Hippo Lo Mein. it's nutritious AND delicious!

Now, that is just GROSS! *Think of all the carbs and sodium*
  • bry_all01
    bry_all01 Posts: 3,100 Member
    Options
    Horse meat? Yukky-poo! Best to stick to yummy delicious things like gummy bears, marshmallows and Jell-o.

omg, I just snorted out loud in my cube, lmfao! :laugh:
  • JoyousRen
    JoyousRen Posts: 3,823 Member
    Options

:laugh:
  • Pretty_Pain
    Pretty_Pain Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    the local chinese resturant was shut down recently for having skinned cats hanging in the freezer......YUCK on both accounts..
  • hello77kitty
    hello77kitty Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Noo, I love horses :(
  • PegasusDeb
    PegasusDeb Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    As a horse lover & previous owner, it bums me out, sure. BUT... they eat it in other countries (not to mention they eat Fido's & Fluffies!) I ate something on a cruise (Norway registery) that was NOT beef & it was the best meat I ever ate. I didn't ask any questions, but yummy! If I had known it was horse, my mare would probably be in my freezer right now! LOL That'd teach her for sending me to the emergency room!
    I'm joking of course.... or am I??? :devil:
  • jennajava
    jennajava Posts: 2,176 Member
    Options
    Noo, I love horses :(

These horses were being slaughtered anyway. Read up on it.
  • JoyousRen
    JoyousRen Posts: 3,823 Member
    Options
    I responded to a post about this on FB and got demonized for my opinion. I have no problem with it as long as the horses are treated humanely in life but I feel that way about all animals even ones raised for consumption. As far as eating cats and dogs.. well, we already put down thousands of them. maybe we should just start exporting them. (*waits to be yelled at and told I'm evil*)
  • KrisPage
    KrisPage Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    What should it be called? Like, beef is cow, pork is pig. I say we should call it Heef.
    pony, pinto, paint, shetland, equis
  • jennajava
    jennajava Posts: 2,176 Member
    Options

Filly-et mignon :laugh: