Also. Panty lines at the gym.

Options

Replies

• LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    it happens, but not to me, because I only wear thongs everywhere.

See, I only wear thongs when it's been a REALLY long time since I've done laundry, or I'm looking to have marital relations (Is that going to get deleted? Is there ANY way I can mention sex without getting into trouble?).

Same here. I couldn't exercise in a thong, and can't sleep in a thong.
  • PinkEarthMama
    PinkEarthMama Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    Really?

If someone is staring that hard at my fat @$$ .... They can deal with the VPL.

I wear big old granny panties to the gym.
  • Beastette
    Beastette Posts: 1,497 Member
    Options
    Whatever I happen to have on when I hit the gym. Boy shorts, typically. But I will select carefully before Spin class, because all that up-and-down will give you a front-wedgie like you wouldn't believe. You wouldn't want the "it's unbearable to sit back down on the seat with this, but there is no graceful way to remove this" dilemma.

Tried commando, and it just felt...wrong. I need some layers going on between my lady biz and the equipment.

I don't really care what kind of squirrel covers everyone else is wearing, too busy kicking my own *kitten*.
  • kstep88
    kstep88 Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    panty lines can be excused if everything else is in place (proper makeup, hair done, fashionable workout clothes). just don't set foot in the free weight area where men are working.

^^^^

Getting all barbie-fied just to go to the gym is stupid. Yes, comfortable and fashionable clothes are nice...above all..comfort. I thought it was all about working out and burning calories..not looking like you're going out... and caking on the make up makes your face all nasty and clogs pores... I'll keep my pretty skin..... just my opinion.

Also, I don't look at other peoples butts. I just workout and look at my machine to see the calorie burn get higher! I do however, wear a thong to the gym... because having my panties go all crazy during a workout would be a distraction.
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    panty lines can be excused if everything else is in place (proper makeup, hair done, fashionable workout clothes). just don't set foot in the free weight area where men are working.

How did I miss this gem when originally posted? Taos knows I would never consider going to the gym until my makeup was perfect. And I'd never ever step into the free weight area....

(He was joking BTW).
  • robot_potato
    robot_potato Posts: 1,535 Member
    Options
    I own nothing but thongs.
  • Beastette
    Beastette Posts: 1,497 Member
    Options

^^^^

Getting all barbie-fied just to go to the gym is stupid. Yes, comfortable and fashionable clothes are nice...above all..comfort. I thought it was all about working out and burning calories..not looking like you're going out... and caking on the make up makes your face all nasty and clogs pores... I'll keep my pretty skin..... just my opinion.

Also, I don't look at other peoples butts. I just workout and look at my machine to see the calorie burn get higher! I do however, wear a thong to the gym... because having my panties go all crazy during a workout would be a distraction.

I look at other people's butts. And biceps. And delts.
  • discodaddy61
    discodaddy61 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    ok so lets be honest i check people out at the gym men and women. i dont like panty lines and sometimes i look to see if i can tell if a woman is wearing a thong. is that so bad?? im not hung up or trying to move on someone but physical attraction is apart of life. by the way i go commando all the time. its way more comfortable and no unnecessary bulges.
  • Leisalynn84
    Leisalynn84 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I thought thongs went out of style with Sysco (sp?) and the thong song?!?!....guess I was wrong!!! I think panty lines are OK, as long as there is no butt bulge below the line...they must fit!
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    I think this is such a non-issue. Out in real life sure. But we're at the gym. And some people can't not wear underwear, or don't like thong underwear or whatever. so what if i have a panty line? big deal! work out instead!
  • Miss♥Ivi
    Options
    I've got the Knock Out bikinis that are made for working out. No lines and they don't ride up!
  • BarbWhite09
    BarbWhite09 Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    I never wear underwear. I don't get to deal with that burden, luckily!
  • TriforceRaven
    TriforceRaven Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Honestly, (and this goes for anytime) I'd rather see a VPL than a VERY obvious cameltoe with nothing covering it! It's kinda like the same opinion I have on saggin pants. At least you KNOW they're wearing underwear! :laugh:
  • Abbzzz
    Abbzzz Posts: 49
    Options

See, I only wear thongs when it's been a REALLY long time since I've done laundry, or I'm looking to have marital relations (Is that going to get deleted? Is there ANY way I can mention sex without getting into trouble?).

*reported*
    OMG how ridiculous
  • kyrstensmom
    kyrstensmom Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    There are other people at the gym? I hardly notice. I go there to kick my own a** and nothing else. I get in, get my business done, and get out. I couldn't tell you who is running/walking/talking/sitting/praying etc., on the treadmill next to me.
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options

*reported*
    OMG how ridiculous

That was a joke too.
  • RachVR6
    RachVR6 Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    Man, if I don't wear some sort of nylon/spandex boy shorts, the butt is out of control when I run. No good for anyone!
  • KimertRuns13_1
    Options
    I don't notice other women/people but I don't want panty lines myself (gym or not).
  • tataliciousd89
    Options
    I appreciate them, yes.
    Do you also appreciate when they're missing?
    Yeah, that too.

I appreciate bums.
    ****, who doesn't?
  • VonRockette
    VonRockette Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Holy crap...this makes me glad I don't even GO to a gym! I'll work out at home in my undies and well-worn sports bras and whatever else I feel like. How ridiculous. And sad.

Right? That's what I was thinking. No wonder so many people have issues with going to gyms... If you leave your makeup on and go straight after work people think you're a *kitten* and if you show panty lines people think your not being sexy enough.

After reading how many of you go commando, I think I'll put on double panties next time I go out to the gym.