What sparked "I'm going to lose that weight!"

Options

Replies

• CharityEaton
    Options
    I came back from vacation this summer and decided I wanted my old body back. My husband and I had made the decision that we are done having kids so I wasn't afraid to get to work this time. My "baby" will start kindergarten next fall and no way do I wanna look like I just had a baby in all of those first day of kindergarten pictures! I alsowant to set a good example for my 3 girls.....my oldest is 9 and about to hit those tough years. I want to teach her how to have control over her life and herself in a healthy way!

Pretty much I woke up one morning and decided it was time!
  • paulyarwooduk
    Options
    I was too fat and heavy for my poor body to carry around and it was increasing the pain I was suffering. I continued eating the same foods just less of them and at different times of the day, and I started exercising four times a week.

Five months later I'm 26lbs lighter and much stronger. I'm about half way through so I still have a little way to go, but seeing the difference losing two stone has made both looking at myself and how much stronger I am is enough to make me lose the rest.
  • polo571
    polo571 Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    375 pounds, kidney stones and thank god a false cancer scare.
  • SerenLlachar
    Options
    Decided to do it after we were told that our Musical for our final year would be energetic and we'd need to be fit.
  • gigiangelique
    gigiangelique Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    *not fitting into my hot jeans
    *looking at every pic of myself
    *constant belly aches
    *self hatred
    *living in las vegas and all the summer pool partys
  • zippo32
    zippo32 Posts: 1,419 Member
    Options
    Of all the diets out there, I didn't really adhere to one. Then I was unemployed and needing to eat on the cheap. I tried to find the cheapest meal that was also nutritious. Vegetable are where it's at. Then it became a challenge to stick with the veggies minus the meat. I fit, better, in my pants and then good people on this site and in the community started to notice stuff I was not seeing. I also exercise regularly but couldn't afford the gym membership. MFP people said, "raise your heart rate" and do zumba - so I did.
    Now I'm hooked.
  • boston6
    boston6 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Diagnosed with type 2 diabetes.
  • lissypriss
    lissypriss Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I had a article written about my cake decorating-complete with photos- in a local magazine..I was horrified when I saw the pics, and I never even wanted to read what they wrote! I knew I was fat, but I didn't see HOW FAT I actually was until it was staring me in the face! I'm now close to where I weighed 6 years ago, and it feels great! I still have 20 lbs to go, but the people here make me want to face the day going strong! Thank you MFP!!!
  • cheeksv
    cheeksv Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    cloths stopped fitting right so I got on the scale for the first time in a long time. Saw 226lbs and from then on worked to change that. Now I am at 201 and never looking back.
  • KaylaKilgore
    KaylaKilgore Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I gained weight and it became a 'hard' thing to straighten my hair everyday, it would wear my arms out. I want to fix my hair again AND wear MY shirts and not my boyfriends.

My dad has Diabetes, High blood pressure and high cholesterol

I recently been diagnosed with social anxiety, and I believe it's because of my large weight gain. I feel like everyone is staring at me and judging me.

I used to take TONS of pictures with family or of special events. Now I hide from the camera.

Before I gained weight I wore a 34 B, which I wasn't the smallest then, but it went up to a 40 D. I want my regular size back.

I just want to get healthy and get the OLD ME back and ditch the horrible habits that I created in the past three years.
  • SmileyJ23
    SmileyJ23 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Everything else in my life is going well. Good job-although its not my dream job, school is going great, why not get on the ball with losing weight.I have a clean bill of health and would like to keep it that way. Excess weight isn't healthy and I want to be the healthiest me I can :bigsmile:

Plus my father's side of the family is morbidly obese. A lot of them have died from all kinds of things- diabetes, weight, etc. I don't want that to be me.
  • Freyja2023
    Freyja2023 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Three years ago I never wanted to leave my house and I refused to let anyone take any pictures of me at all. It was at this time of the year I finally climbed on the scale and hated the fact that I couldn't lie my way out of the number. I had hit an all time high of 240 and it finally woke me up. I asked my husband for the Wii Fit for x-mas that year and it yelled out at me "That's Obesite". Depressed that a video game told me just what I didn't want to hear. So I started on the Wii Fit then moved on to the biggest loser workout tapes and then on to Jillian Michaels 30 Day shred. In 3 years I have managed to lose 85 pounds and keep it off. I am 15 pounds away from my goal weight and started Turbo Jam combined with 30 day shred to help shake off those last 15 pounds. My sister found me this site and so far I am loving it and finding it the most helpful out of everything I have done over the last 3 years. I take pride in knowing that now I am showing my children proper workout ways as well as healthy eating patterns. My eldest is 12 and just started working out and lifting weight now and I know that part of that is because he is a boy and all boys want to look buff :) but a part of that is from watching his mom lose weight and workout in a healthy way.
  • taramaureen
    taramaureen Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    I had a baby, I was 220lbs. My grandma was diagnosed with colon cancer from a lifetime of horrible diet. She died at 69 years old. I realized that I didn't want that for myself or my child. I didn't want to perpetuate the cycle of obesity that is in my family.
  • xmommyof2boysx
    xmommyof2boysx Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    My SO telling me that I looked uncomfortable in my bathing suit this past summer. It's the right thing I needed to hear.
  • dwhite1111
    Options
    I decided I was putting more time and effort into thinking negative about myself and spending more time trying to avoid social situations than it would take to begin to eat right and exercise to look and feel better.
  • linzirussell
    linzirussell Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    my ex told me the titanic didnt sink until i stepped on it ahhahhah. that was the time i knew somethin had to be done
  • angelbeville
    Options
    When my doctor diagnosed me with a genetic immune system deficiency and said "if you get pneumonia again, there's a good chance you will die."
  • keeponkickin
    keeponkickin Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    After years of putting everyone before myself and then caring for my mom 24/7 while she died of cancer was what put me over the edge. I was too young to be killing myself. I had 4 kids, one with special needs, that needed me to put myself first in order to be there for them. I'm happy to say I've lost 105 pounds in 10 months and gained my life back.

fatfatfat.jpg
    CindyNov11.jpg
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    When I stepped on the scale and it said 263. I had no idea I was that big. I figured I was around 235 at my heaviest.

Goes to show you can't tell on your own. You need tools. Scales, the Y and My Fitness Pal.

Now I'm almost under 200lbs. Just a little more work to do.
  • geniebelle
    Options
    So many things in my life sparked a fire in me to lose weight. Everything from breaking a chair I was sitting in at a party, to being asked by a little kid if I was pregnant when i most definitely wasnt. Most recently it was being in disney world and wishing I could walk around the parks without being tired or my legs hurting and being able to fit on any and all the rides without constantly worrying if I would be able to. I realized that I always found myself bowing out of social situations with friends, because I am asahamed of myself and dont want to put myself in a situation that is uncomfortable. I just dont wanna be that person anymore. I've tried losing weight many times before, but this time the approach is realistic and I can't wait to stop putting my life on hold because of low self esteem.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!