What sparked "I'm going to lose that weight!"

Options

Replies

• wish21
    wish21 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    For me it was mainly my health. I was just thinking that I am young, my bones are young and I should'nt have any problems with exercising. Also seeing the adults in my life struggle with health issues from being overweight all i could think was "no way". Also just to feel better about myself in general. Not appearance wise, but 'physical'. I want to be able to walk or jog up stairs & not feel like a ballon when I lie down from lack of exercise and to much food.
  • SafireBleu
    SafireBleu Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    A boy on my son's football team told him, "Your mom is fat" and he got into a fight. I figure if he is going to fight because someone says something about me I prefer he punch someone out for saying, "Your mom is HOT". I am down 33 lbs as of this morning.
  • bizchic
    bizchic Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Read through all the previous posts and have to say kudos to you all, but especially to those who had cancer scares. You didn't let it get you down. Good for you!

1. A divorce. Being fit is part of my 'self re-invention'.
    2. Needed a hobby. I used to play video games, but they don't hold much interest anymore.
    3. Hit my highest ever weight of 188.
    4. I have a slender body type. All the fat sits right at my waist and looks horrible.
    5. Come summertime, I plan on hiking on a regular basis and want to keep up with all those freaky healthy Coloradoians...

HAHAHAHA!:laugh: I am in Colorado too and yes, everyone here is freaky healthy,but fun!
  • JWolf7911
    JWolf7911 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    My husband and I are trying to start a family and I want to be healthier :)
  • honeysprinkles
    honeysprinkles Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    Hating every picture that I was in, getting stretch marks on my side from gaining weight quickly, just all around losing my confidence and energy sparked it for me!
  • Mrsfreedom41
    Mrsfreedom41 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    Dr told me I needed to lose weight because I was borderline diabetic. Scared me so I started changing my eating and exercise habits right away. So far, 20 lbs down and I feel so much better. Next Dr. appt. is next week so anxious to see what the outcome will be.
  • cheree1965
    Options
    pain and a man, Man gone i gained back in pain again going to lose it again for me.
  • THISisTARRAN
    THISisTARRAN Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    Looking in the mirror. Looking at old pictures of myself. Not wanting to go swimming or to the water park and I LOVE THOSE! I want to be healthy so that my daughter has a good example to follow.
  • thetorontokid2
    Options
    my "fat pants" were too tight!! that was the final straw!
  • directorj
    directorj Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    My cousin in law lost a lot of weight by running. I was speaking to her one day (didn't see her for a while) and I noticed something different put couldn't put it in my head. I thought she got a new piercing or new hairstyle. Then my girlfriend said "she lost a lot of weight didn't she". I'm like OMG so that's what was different. :laugh: This got me motivated.

Then a few days later my friend told me to go buy Nike+ so we can compete online. I bought it online and had it shipped to my house.

The same day the package came to my house, I got lay off from my job :sad: . So I realized that I had too much free time now and I'm able to go ahead and lose some weight. 6 months later I'm still unemployed (working part timers) and I'm down 40lbs. I believe things happen for a reason and if I never got lay off I would be even more fat than I already was. My eating habits from working was fast food / restaurants for breakfast and lunch. Nowadays its clean but not spotless :bigsmile:
  • ymachick
    ymachick Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I lost 50 pounds around 18 months ago and then plateaued in March 2011 while still needing to lose about 40 more. It seemed no matter what I did, the scles and inches didn't move. So, I lost motivation and focus and just...stagnated...made half hearted attempts to eat right, worked out but not like I was before (I did P90X.)...just moped along feeling sorry for myself for not being able to keep going.
    Now, nine months later, I've gained back 10 and I'm furious. WHY? Because I made a promise to myself to not go back to the way I was. no way! I refuse! I was too happy when I was losing and too miserable when I was overwieght to go back.

All my clothes are tight and I gave all my next size up to charity so unless I plan on going to work naked (yikes!), it's back to work on the weight-loss wagon.

So, here I am with myy MFP firends back on the wagon. It's good to be back. :wink:
  • loki3981
    loki3981 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    My husband is a type 2 diabetic and was placed on insulin. It totally shattered my world (not judging, just personal). I made a vow then and there to get healthier and do something about the unhappiness that I constantly have with my body. 17lbs down (11 with MFP) and already starting to get the workout high. I love it!
  • aleexFIT
    aleexFIT Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Just being fed up with being unhappy with how I looked, feeling ugly, having no confidence, being "the largest" among my friends and always getting comments about it. Plus I knew summer was coming up and I wanted to look good on holiday, but once I started living healthier I saw the benefits of a healthy lifestyle and it turned into something a lot more than just losing weight.
  • WilliamsPeggy
    WilliamsPeggy Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    I started really bringing my "A" game to my health after taking care of my in-laws for a week. They have so many health issues at 71, that they are less capable than my Nana who is turning 97 in Feb.
  • amfmmama
    amfmmama Posts: 1,420 Member
    Options
    My pelvic fat was slowly eating my penis.

MFP really needs a "like" button!! ahhhaaaaahaaaa!
  • lawtechie
    lawtechie Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    Hitting 199 my breaking moment. I absolutely refused to have a scale that showed 200.
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    World takeover is harder when you're fat.

Actually, I just woke up one day two and a half weeks ago full of energy for once and motivated to work out. So then I found this site, and lucky for me, it's keeping me motivated. So I've kept on moving. I hope I'll keep on moving, but no one knows what the future will bring.
  • amoffatt
    amoffatt Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Being over weight my whole life, doing the starvation diet in high school down to size 0 had kids and gained it back plus some. Being bullied and made fun of, refuse to have my picture taken and see myself as disgusting in pictures I do see. I want to be free from this feeling once and for all.
  • AudgePaudge
    AudgePaudge Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    <---- When my cousin posted my before picture on Facebook!! Yuck...
  • karenhs2
    karenhs2 Posts: 197
    Options
    Otherwise than relatively temporary pregnancy weight gain, I have only been really overweight for about 6 years. The first 50 lbs was due to a medication. The next 30 or so was a gradual climb from yoyo dieting and emotional eating. I kept thinking that I might just get okay with it - a matronly look for this stage of my life. Not even my 30 year high school reunion was enough to kick my butt in gear and it was painful going to that so fat. I have noticed myself getting more and more photo and mirror phobic. But for some reason, staring my 50th birthday in the face (January 2012) was the catalyst. Don't mind the age - I do mind the fat. I don't recognize myself when I look in the mirror.

There is a strong, fit, healthy me trapped in here and I want out!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!