What sparked "I'm going to lose that weight!"

Options

Replies

• tjones7
    tjones7 Posts: 306
    Options
    Thank you to everyone who has posted. Reading the post are cool because you find that you are not the only one with certain issues and seeing people's progress is very motivating.

For me, I think I have tried almost every diet out there. I have had some success but I always seem to quit on myself. I find that I am always starting over. I started because I realized that I was avoiding life because of my weight and I hate seeing pictures of myself. And I hated the sound of my thighs and belly slapping everytime I did something physical ( sososo gross) I also don't want to be on any kind of medicine or be diagnosed with anything. what will help me stay committed is the realization that I invest my time in everyone but myself but I'm the only one unhappy
  • niknak0508
    niknak0508 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Ha.. just posted up something about this yesterday on here. My spark was when my doctor told me I was OBESE and needed to lose some weight.... totally embarrassing!
  • nikkishai
    nikkishai Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    I really missed wearing pants...
  • MissMarthaGrace
    MissMarthaGrace Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I turned 40!
  • tladame
    tladame Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    An unflattering photo of my backside last Christmas! Decided it was time to lose the baby weight.
  • 3GKnight
    3GKnight Posts: 203
    Options
    Read through all the previous posts and have to say kudos to you all, but especially to those who had cancer scares. You didn't let it get you down. Good for you!

1. A divorce. Being fit is part of my 'self re-invention'.
    2. Needed a hobby. I used to play video games, but they don't hold much interest anymore.
    3. Hit my highest ever weight of 188.
    4. I have a slender body type. All the fat sits right at my waist and looks horrible.
    5. Come summertime, I plan on hiking on a regular basis and want to keep up with all those freaky healthy Coloradoians...
  • polar135
    polar135 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I had Gout. 32 and Gout didn't work for me so i changed.
  • simple82
    simple82 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    My dad had a heart problem and this guy I had a crush on for a few months asked me out. It pretty much sums it up :laugh:
  • kngarber
    kngarber Posts: 227
    Options
    When I stepped on the scale and weighed more than I did when I was 9 months pregnant :( That was a very rough day.
  • heykatieben
    heykatieben Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    - Was annoyed at myself for always complaining about my poochy belly, wanted to stop complaining
    - Wanted to eat healthier to lower my risk of disease, cancer, improve my asthma
    - Hoped healthier eating would improve my mindset :)
    - I hit the 140s for the first time
    - Had trouble fitting into jeans
    - Friend introduced me to MyFitnessPal and it was the first thing that's really WORKED! Woohoo!! Thanks guys :)

:D
  • filmfanatic29
    Options
    My annual doctor's appointment. I almost had a heart attack when I saw that I was at 225 pounds; I'm only 5'3"! I was mortified. I ignored it for a week and then said "Okay, I have to do something."

10856548.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • Pandahead
    Pandahead Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I've been trying to find the motivation to lose the baby weight from my final kid for the last two years. Like some other folks, it was a picture that snapped me out of denial. I didn't recognize myself:

fam2011.jpg

Because I used to look like this before baby:

P7010002.jpg

And in the interim, my husband had a major career change--joined the military. I hate feeling embarrassed to meet the men and women he works with--especially his commanding officers--because I'm overweight. My husband doesn't care--he treats me as the sexiest thing on the planet no matter what size I am. Which, of course, makes me want to be fit all the more. A man like that deserves to have arm-candy for a wife! :)
  • adrian_indy
    adrian_indy Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    My pelvic fat was slowly eating my penis.
  • along21291
    along21291 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    After gaining weight my freshmen year I said enough is enough and I wanted to learn how to sensibly control my weight and live a healthy lifestyle. It wasn't until I found MFP that I found out how to count calories and eat foods I liked while losing weight. I've eaten all my exercise calories and I'm close to meeting my goals for myself :) Love this site!
  • jmgcummins
    jmgcummins Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    The first time I lost weight it was hitting 199 on the scale. I didn't want to hit the 200's.

I kept it off until having a baby. This time what got me going was when my 'baby weight' was still not off after my daughter turned 1. She's 13 months now and I have lost 15 pounds.
  • bluebird321
    bluebird321 Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    Visiting relatives last year and realizing I was too embarrassed to take off my shirt when we went to the beach.
  • MummaAimz
    MummaAimz Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    We got family pictures done and I couldn't even look at them without crying...my thighs were wider then my 6 year olds waist! at 5'1 217 pounds was WAY too heavy! Plus I couldn't play with my kids outside durring the summer because I was so depressed about it and instead of doing somethin I just MOPED! Enough was enough! 2 months= 21 pounds gone for me so once I saw that there was no stopping me!
  • kimtpa1417
    kimtpa1417 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    went braidemaid dress shopping with my best friend for her wedding. Saw that I looked horrible in everything she picked. That was just the icing on the cake...... I had known for a while and trying to find something that worked for me and my budget. This website is a life saver
  • Sweet_Potato
    Sweet_Potato Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    My girlfriend. She used to be a size zero but went up to a size 8 when she hit her 30's and her metabolism slowed down. I've always been a size 2, but I'm 29 and was worried that would happen to me. I'm not the most active person in the world, and I noticed I'd gained about 8 pounds in the decade since high school. I was a bridesmaid in my sister's wedding last year, and looking at the pictures I found myself wishing my arms were a little less thick. So I'm trying to get ahead of the game and get back to my ideal weight before I get older and it's harder to do.
  • kimad
    kimad Posts: 3,010 Member
    Options
    Well I knew I needed to lose weight but I was doing nothing about it - I had yo-yo'd since the birth of my twins almost 6 years ago. My friends started running and were eating healthy and I said if I am sitting here fat in 1 year and they are at their goal weight I will be PISSED! So I joined them and we are all doing fantastic. This time I have made the lifestyle changes and have started exercising :)

Good work everyone.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!